Running out of.... (cut pic at end of first post.)

Brenda

...shelf space on my curing rack! I've been busily trying to re-stock for my very first craft fair in May and I've made so many soaps that I've run out of room to cure them. :yes: Here's a little of what I've been doing in between making body butters and getting ready to test after shower body sprays:

In the oven now to gel is Frosty Lime - scented with Lime and Peppermint EOs. Swirled both in the pot and on top, so I'm hoping for color all the way through this time!

Frosty_Lime.jpg

An old favorite of mine scented with EOs, but I upsized the recipe for big bars. I want to thank smellywax for the suggested name change from Ginger Twist to Ginger Mint Twist! I owe you some of these, smellywax. :)

Ginger_Mint_Twist.jpg

And finally a soap that will remain nameless until I see which the EOs wins the scent battle. I can't tell yet whether the clove or the orange will predominate. Colored with brick red oxide, and a touch of cocoa; the specks are a little ground cardamom spice I added for texture in the swirl. I love the smell of cardamom but I don't know if my soap will!

Orange_and_Clove.jpg

Here's the cut Frosty Lime (no surface planing for this one!):

Frosty_lime_bars.jpg

Thanks for looking at my weekend projects! :)

Brenda, your soaps are as gorgeous as always, I wish us michiganders lived close enough to have a soapin day! I love the middle one, very modern classy looking, but the all are lovely!Im sure youll be getting more orders when the peeps see these:)

Thanks for your wonderful comments ladies! Not everything turns out so well.;)

Just this past week I ruined an entire 12 pound batch of soap....it got ugly before it was all over.:laugh2: It began to seize and got lumpy but I still got it into the mold. The next day it looked like a gross green jello salad my mother used to make. I had to go to work and got home late from school conferences and thought I could rebatch in a hurry. Rebatch and hurry do not go hand in hand... Had to throw it all out. All those ingredients a total loss.

Outlandishlady - don't feel jealous that yours are bumpy. Mine are bumpy too. Sometimes when I do a multiple color swirl I want the surface smooth (the better to see the patterns of the swirl) so I simply slice off a very thin layer from the top of the bar with my vegetable mandoline! See, not skill, just using a trick to dress up the bar. When I was a kid my dad polished agates as a hobby and I was fascinated by the varied beauty of those smooth stones.

If you have a good vegetable slicer, try it sometime! :yes:

Brenda, I got my second order from you today and the house smells amazing!!!! I can't wait to put together little easter baskets with them for my family members. Hubby tried the Still Waters Avocado Blend last night and LOVED it! I tried the Almond Oatmeal one and have added that to my favorites list :D Can't wait to see the Frost Lime done!

QuietGirl - About the vegetable slicer I use: I got it at least 10 years ago at a Pampered Chef party I was forced to go to. For the life of me I can't remember how much I paid for the thing, but I just looked it up on their website and it is now...gulp!...$45.00!

I just did a search and actually that's a reasonable price considering they go up into the hundred dollar plus range! Target has a couple online, but they are in the same price range and I can't tell if they are adjustable.

Good luck as you search for one. They can really clean up the tops of bars of soap - especially rebatches!

TY - smellywax! I saw your review on my site...yayness! Glad you like the soaps.

Thanks everyone! You warm the corners of my little soaping heart.