Supplier Complaint - Summer Bee Meadow

Suzanne

Hi all! I actually followed a link from another forum (www.soapdishforum.com) with a thread about this exact same topic. I've had the same issues with this supplier as others here, apparently. You can read the emails he's sent me here:

www.idealwebcraft.com/summer.htm

Also, I've been wanting to enter the realm of candlemaking for awhile now, and have been searching for a good forum to join up. I've spent some time lurking, and candletech seems like just the thing I was looking for. :D

So, although I wish it wouldn't have been a crappy supplier experince that lead me here, I'm still glad I found my way here. :grin2:

Read this thread - unbelievable :angry2: As a supplier, we have some issues come up too (as you are all aware of on our free samples) but we would never think to blame it on the potential customer. We would have apologized profusely, immediately, explained what was going on and begged forgiveness - and probably thrown in something free when we finally got the order out. This person is out in left field IMO for sure. Sorry this person has done this to you and I WOULD recommend notifying authorities. At least there is a record of something happening in case this gets any further out of hand. His response was totally off base IMO.

NOTE:

This person has made multiple, similar posts at various forums for the purpose of harassing us.

These posts have included false and outrageous statements and even implied that we had made a "death threat" to her!!!

This person has also rejoined these forums under another user name for the sole purpose of "anonymously" posting our personal contact information - name, address and phone number - with encouragement that others use this information to further harass us.

This would appear to be legally actionable harassment on the part of this person and I would think that her actions would definitely not be within the rules and guidelines of this discussion forum.

I am hereby requesting that the individual(s) responsible for the content of this forum contact me about this immediately. Posting lies about others, posting personal contact information and encouraging others to join in her harassment should not be allowed.

In fact, this person placed an order with us and then "went off" just three business days later and filed a complaint with PayPal at that time. She had asked for a refund and we were quite prepared to do so. She then filed her very premature complaint with PayPal and we notified her that we would therefore rely on PayPal's dispute resolution function to resolve her "dispute", which remains pending as of this date. In fact, there was no "dispute" at all - just a buyer who strangely "went off" just three business days after buying and then followed with relentlessly repeated email harassments and now repeated libelous harassment via this and other discussion boards.

We have had about 10,000 customer sales through our website and through Ebay, with over 80% repeat customers overall. Only a very, very small handful of buyers have been of the same nature as this person. I can confidently say that our reputation is far better defined by the good 10,000 and the repeat sales level than by the opinions of the few who would stoop to this kind of harassment.

As we politely informed her, we have experienced a sudden fourfold increase in purchases of sodium hydroxide since Red Devil lye was recently removed from the marketplace. This has resulted in some delays as we strive to adjust our business to accomodate this fourfold increase. As we put it, "we are all in this together" with soapmakers needing a good source for lye, legally and correctly shipped and our desire to supply it legally and correctly shipped at a reasonable price. We could considerably raise our price to reduce the present crush of orders or simply cease making lye available altogether, but we would much prefer to keep things available and affordable for all soapmakers.

-Steve M.

Summer Bee Meadow

You better get your facts straight Steve!!! But thanks for posting, along with everything that I've forwarded to paypal and BBB, I'll also be forwarding this.

I didn't post any of your personal info, I didn't rejoin any forum with a new name and none of your pathetic allegations.

Get a life and stay out of mine!! PERIOD!!

BTW - Nothing you've said or done has been polite! Quite the opposite!! And I still want my money back!!

You better get your facts straight Steve!!! But thanks for posting, along with everything that I've forwarded to paypal and BBB, I'll also be forwarding this.

I didn't post any of your personal info, I didn't rejoin any forum with a new name and none of your pathetic allegations.

Get a life and stay out of mine!! PERIOD!!

BTW - Nothing you've said or done has been polite! Quite the opposite!! And I still want my money back!!

Suzanne, I'm beginning to wonder if he doesn't think that you and I are the same person and that I'm (or you... or both of us... or whatever he thinks) signing up with multiple names.

He made the same exact rebuttal to both of our replies over at the dish.

FYI - I posted here because another user of the forums involved was concerned and advised me that the person involved was posting personal contact information on multiple discussion boards, obviously for he purpose of inviting harassment of us. This is not allowed by reputable discussion boards or ISP's and may very well be legally actionable. False and libelous statements have also been made in the discussion boards involved.

I could easily as well post all of the "interesting" emails I've received from the persons involved, but that would be petty.

As you know, the withdrawal of Red Devil lye from availablity has been overall disastrous for the soaping community. We have worked until 2:00 am most every night to make lye legally and properly available to the community at a reasonable price. Yes, this has caused delays. Unreasonably so? I don't think so, considering what we've experienced.

In view of the nastiness of just a handful of thousands of buyers, we may well reconsider selling sodium hydroxide in the volume and at the prices that as we have been offering it. This, however, would not serve the soaping community.

FYI - I posted here because another user of the forums involved was concerned and advised me that the person involved was posting personal contact information on multiple discussion boards, obviously for he purpose of inviting harassment of us. This is not allowed by reputable discussion boards or ISP's and may very well be legally actionable. False and libelous statements have also been made in the discussion boards involved.

I could easily as well post all of the "interesting" emails I've received from the persons involved, but that would be petty.

As you know, the withdrawal of Red Devil lye from availablity has been overall disastrous for the soaping community. We have worked until 2:00 am most every night to make lye legally and properly available to the community at a reasonable price. Yes, this has caused delays. Unreasonably so? I don't think so, considering what we've experienced.

In view of the nastiness of just a handful of thousands of buyers, we may well reconsider selling sodium hydroxide in the volume and at the prices that as we have been offering it. This, however, would not serve the soaping community.

Your contact information was made public by YOU when registered your domain name; I found your contact information through a simple whois of your URL while I was waiting for your reply to my first order inquiry. NOONE has said ANYTHING that was false about you.

I did NOT, however, post your contact information up on these forums and I don't know who did. If you're concerned about your privacy, the registrar of your domain name should have the option to make this information private. Your name and address is also listed in several online telephone directories.

I already have posted all of the "interesting" emails I've recieved from you, right here: www.geocities.com/netriaus/summer.htm There's your proof that I have said nothing that has been false about you. You, on the other hand, need to get your facts straight. You've posted the same exact rebuttal, which sites specific incidents, to three different complaints made by three different people.

Suzanne, I'm beginning to wonder if he doesn't think that you and I are the same person and that I'm (or you... or both of us... or whatever he thinks) signing up with multiple names.

He made the same exact rebuttal to both of our replies over at the dish.

Who knows? Maybe to much time on his hands! Or maybe he's doing something else with the lye other than making soap. But all this behavior from him just puts icing on the cake! I still want my money back! LOL

It is interesting that the same posts with personal contact information have appeared at multiple discussion boards from the same person using the same user name of ItsPublicInformation at each board. In both cases, this user signed up as a discussion member just yesterday, for the stated purpose of posting this "anonymously".

Our personal address information, by the way was NOT otherwise posted publically anywhere on the internet and could only have come from someone who had that information from being involved in a purchase transaction from us.

I would say that this is most definitely a continuation of a personal campaign of harassment and libel. The operators of the boards involved should take a careful look at these acts, as they are flagrent violations of these board's rules and regs.

I think you should get your money back, just an FYI.

However, lets not forget this speech. So much for shopping with only "good" suppliers.

Quote:

icon1.gif

I ordered from her just once. It took a couple months to get my order. Although the cc was charged right away. I've read the health things on her site several times and i'm sure she's a nice lady. But she sucks with her business.

I'll never buy from her again. Sorry she's got so many problems but she's out there representing her business and should be completing all transactions in a timely manner.

Bad business no matter how you look at. And it's not just once or twice for some people so second chances are out. Good luck to those of you that continue to do business with her. I hope you all get everything you've ordered and paid for. And I'd certainly hope you'd think twice before doing business with her again.

I don't have time to mess around with businesses like that. I like to be sure I'm getting what I'm ordering and know when I'm getting it. Business with good reputations is where I like to keep my business at because they deserve it and will go the extra mile for their customers. And we all know there's lots of good suppliers out there.

Suzanne

quote.gif quickreply.gif

I think you should get your money back, just an FYI.

However, lets not forget this speech. So much for shopping with only "good" suppliers.

Quote:

icon1.gif

I ordered from her just once. It took a couple months to get my order. Although the cc was charged right away. I've read the health things on her site several times and i'm sure she's a nice lady. But she sucks with her business.

I'll never buy from her again. Sorry she's got so many problems but she's out there representing her business and should be completing all transactions in a timely manner.

Bad business no matter how you look at. And it's not just once or twice for some people so second chances are out. Good luck to those of you that continue to do business with her. I hope you all get everything you've ordered and paid for. And I'd certainly hope you'd think twice before doing business with her again.

I don't have time to mess around with businesses like that. I like to be sure I'm getting what I'm ordering and know when I'm getting it. Business with good reputations is where I like to keep my business at because they deserve it and will go the extra mile for their customers. And we all know there's lots of good suppliers out there.

Suzanne

quote.gif quickreply.gif

Very true! I guess I trusted where I got the info from! I should of known better, huh? But anyways, the situation is much more serious than that. Hmmm, I wonder who invited him to this board and the dish where the complaints were posted? Nevermind, that's not important.

No problem with what you've quoted regarding the seller above, Suzanne.

However, if a seller that you choos to buy from clearly states shipping terms, then you have no argument with that seller if the specified terms have not at all been exceeded.

It is significant that all emails (other than normal order status advice notices) were sent to us by you or were direct replies to emails sent by you, other than normal order status advice notices. No other emails other than normal status updates were sent to you by us.

**The posting of personal contact information for the purpose of inviting harassment of us is a serious issue and needs to be addressed by the owners of this discussion board. Such action would get any member immediately banned from Ebay and would result in immediate action by most reputable discussion board and ISP providers. This is most definitely widely considered to be unallowable harassment

Wow this guy is flipping out with the numerous emails I've recieved from him. He's threatening and harrassing me in emails. Where should I report this? This guy is sick. He's emails are at least one to two pages long. The last one I got was all in CAPS. Unbelieveable! He is so angry that I filed a complaint with paypal.

And to think, I just wanted to cancel my order because they never emailed me back letting me know the status of my shipment.

It's pretty scary too! This SOB has my address, name and phone number. Geez I thought paypal would not let things get out of hand like this.

He's talking about identity theft, internet fraud, liars, thiefs, death threats and drug makers. WTF!?!

You talk about rage. He's crazy. Warning to anybody filing a complaint with paypal. It might send the party you complained about over the edge.

I want to send copies of all his emails to paypal but I can't figure out how in the hell to do it. It was hard enough just to get the complaint in there. I'll be calling them tomorrow for sure about this.

Is there a place on the internet where you can file complaints about this company and this sick man?? Should I contact my local police dept.??

You can't use anything in emails to arbitrate PayPal payments. There is no way to verify the email is real and since it didn't happen on PayPal, they won't read it or take it into consideration.

You know if you have a bad experience with a supplier you should be allowed to post your thoughts and feelings about your experience, it is up to others to decide for themselves if they choose to do business with that company or not...we are all adults here...well okay except for one person. I do not feel that it is okay morally or ethically for a company to sign in to a forumn and use it to continue to engage in unethical business practices. I would not only report this company to the BBB, I would also contact the Attorney General's office in your state and the state in which the business is in. I would also file a complaint with my local authorities, and speak with the FBI's internet divison...God and this fool only knows what he has said to others, or what possibly he is capable of. It is one thing to defend yourself and it is another to go way overboard. As a business owner, if someone is not satisfied with my service in any regards, I do what I can to "make the customer happy"...isn't that good customer service??

AMEN Hewells!!

I know that I would DEFINITELY never do business with a company that I thought would have the potential for "stalking" me into the very forums I frequent just to pester me and belittle me over an unsatisfied transaction. Terrible terrible "business" practice, if you can even compare it to that.