Supplier Complaint - Summer Bee Meadow

Suzanne

I just want to let other people know about the bad customer service from Summer Bee Meadow. I located them from the Lye supplier thread in the B&B section. So, I thought I'd try them because they have the lye and a few other oils I use. Placed order on 2/28 (knowing I was running low on oils). After not hearing anything for a week I sent them an email asking for the status of my order. In the mean time I noticed another complaint about them at the Dish. This got my curosity up more about them, since I've never ordered from them before. After discussing with another person what they were going through with them, and finding out they sell on ebay, I sent them another email 2 days later just asking about the status of my order. I heard nothing. I wanted to call them just to find out about my order but was not able to obtain a phone number for the company on their website.

So, this morning I found out this other person who was having trouble with them canceled her order, was able to get her money back, and got a nasty email from them calling her a name and some other crap.

At this point, I thought, I'm not going to do business with a company like that. Not replying to my emails, no phone number listed, some negative feedback on ebay and hearing about the nasty emails this company sends to people when they complain, and them not replying after my 3rd email requesting my money back and wanting my order canceled. So I followed through with a complaint with paypal just asking to cancel my order and send my money back. I filed this today.

Then tonite, I finally get an email from the company which was very rude, unprofessional and the guy sounding like a big jerk. He refuses to cancel my order and says he will still send it out and not refund my money. However, at this point, I don't want to do business with a friggin company like that. This guy is a real jerk. He doesn't deserve my business or anyone else's for that matter. I called paypal and they can't do anything unless I don't get the order.

But right now it's just the whole point of the thing. What's the big deal, just cancel my order and send my money back. He said in the email that my order has not been sent out yet. Hopefully I'll never have to deal with another company like this in this industry. I also just ordered what I needed from a more reputable supplier which I should of done to begin with.

Sorry about all the ramble, but I know I like to know if there's any suppliers I need to beware of and this is certainly one of them. I won't be doing business with SUMMER BEE MEADOW again.

That really sucks, fortunatlely I have only had one bad experience with a company, finally did get my order , and a large discount, which she complained about, funny I use to look at there site but never got around to ordering from them. Thanks for the heads up.:)

Wow this guy is flipping out with the numerous emails I've recieved from him. He's threatening and harrassing me in emails. Where should I report this? This guy is sick. He's emails are at least one to two pages long. The last one I got was all in CAPS. Unbelieveable! He is so angry that I filed a complaint with paypal.

And to think, I just wanted to cancel my order because they never emailed me back letting me know the status of my shipment.

It's pretty scary too! This SOB has my address, name and phone number. Geez I thought paypal would not let things get out of hand like this.

He's talking about identity theft, internet fraud, liars, thiefs, death threats and drug makers. WTF!?!

You talk about rage. He's crazy. Warning to anybody filing a complaint with paypal. It might send the party you complained about over the edge.

I want to send copies of all his emails to paypal but I can't figure out how in the hell to do it. It was hard enough just to get the complaint in there. I'll be calling them tomorrow for sure about this.

Is there a place on the internet where you can file complaints about this company and this sick man?? Should I contact my local police dept.??

Where is this idiot located again? And, do you really think he'll take the time to come over and visit if it's far away? Probably not even if it's close by. People like that are generally full of themselves and hot air.

If it were me, I'd just laugh and keep harrassing him. This guy is a true piece of work. He blamed me for ordering the weekend BEFORE Thanksgiving. I kept him pissed off for about three weeks total, although he never did offer to try to kill me.

You can forward the emails to anyone just by chosing FORWARD in your email program, then type in the address where you want to send them.

You can probably file a complaint with the BBB in your state, as well as ebay as he does do business there as well if I remember correctly... Paypal my be able to suspend his account, but I really doubt it. The local authorities may be able to scare him a bit, I'm not sure. It'll be interesting to hear what you find out.

Suzanne,

Just be careful...and stay safe......

Maybe you should call you local police and ask them what your options are.:undecided

This guy sounds like he needs to be medicated and someone should put him

in a white jacket..:whip:

Keep us posted on what happens..

Guest Milkmaid

Call your own local PD and tell them what is happening. He needs to be reported to his ISP also. I know that there are some PDs that take internet threats VERY seriously and will make sure that you get him nailed to the wall in every direction possible.

If it were me, I'd just laugh and keep harrassing him.

No disrespect meant Grumpy and I love you, but this is not a good idea. The written word can sometime come back to haunt you. JMHO

Yup Cindy, good point. I never thought this guy would go that far over the edge. I guess ya never know though.

Thanks everyone! And thank you for his info. You guys are amazing! Right now I'm just going to leave it all alone and see what happens through paypal. However, I did file a complaint with BBB after the last email, last nite. I'll keep you informed about what happens. :tiptoe:

I would find out where at ebay to forward his emails to and forward all of those copies to him. No seller has the right to harrass a buyer like this. I would complain everywhere on ebay that you are allowed to. I think I'd also contact his local police department and forward these harrassing emails to them. Perhaps he'd back off them.

I ordered from him on 3/5 via paypal via a cc. If I don't hear back from him by the end of Monday, I will cancel the order and dispute it through my cc company. Screw doing the dispute through paypal, my cc gives the credit right away without investigation and there is no doubt from them that I will get it.

Their auction states 48 hours. Sometimes longer due to excessive orders. To me, 4 days is still adequate time to put it in a box and slap a label on it and have UPS pick up.

If this guy has threatened you you need to report it to your local PD. I would not ignore this man. Even if he's nowhere's near you, I'd hate to think of what he might do to someone close to him who pissed him off. I wouldn't let it go even if he's just being a jerk, someone needs to smarten him up.

this guy surely sounds like a looneny bin thanks for the warning...kind of funny how he can finally respond to your email when you want to cancel your order but can't respond when you are checking your order. what a jerk he doen't need to be in the business.

Hi all! I actually followed a link from another forum (www.soapdishforum.com) with a thread about this exact same topic. I've had the same issues with this supplier as others here, apparently. You can read the emails he's sent me here:

www.idealwebcraft.com/summer.htm

(apparently, my webserver is having issues right now, so you can also view these emails here: http://www.geocities.com/netriaus/summer.htm If you want the emails with the header info (dates, times, etc.) to get the lapsed amount of time straight (about 4 business days), shoot me an email, its on the site).

Also, I've been wanting to enter the realm of candlemaking for awhile now, and have been searching for a good forum to join up. I've spent some time lurking, and candletech seems like just the thing I was looking for. :D

So, although I wish it wouldn't have been a crappy supplier experince that lead me here, I'm still glad I found my way here. :grin2:

HOLY CRAP!!!!! Can we say "issues" ?

man! what a psycho! I think he should drop being in business and go work for someone to make a living.. definitely not the "working with the human race" type.

WELCOME TO THE BOARD NETRIAUS!!!!!!! :grin2:

ANY Thyroid issue can effect you neurologically. So, to answer your question, yes, if he's not taking his medication as directed, he can get a little scary.

Yes, that was is true, my friend who had thyroid probs told me she doesn't know how she remained out of the psych ward before she was properly treated.

BUTTTT.....I still don't think this excuses his behavior at all, his wife is in business w/him, she needs to take the bull by the ring and stop the blabbering idiot, just reading his crap gave me a headache