Lip Balm Trays

moniek

Just a tip- if you have a sporting goods store in your area that sells bullets and reloading equipment (hunting stuff) check there. I'm not exactly sure what they're called- but they're little trays that hold bullets for storage, they're normally near where the guns are sold. I got one there that holds 40 tubes for like $7. It's plastic and the tubes I use fit perfectly.

I'm a member. I'll see if I can track him down and get an email addie for you. We have a Bass and Pro shop not too far from me. I might just make a run out their with one of my tubes and check out the gun shell tray. $7 sounds awesome.

You may be able to find one that fits the ovals, maybe put them at a diagonal in a tray that has squares? I discovered this totally by accident...I was planning on buying the one from MMS but my husband dragged me to one of those stores one day and I was waiting standing there waiting for him to grab all his junk I spotted a shell tray that looked close to MMS' one when the idea hit me. Grabbed my tube out of my purse and started sticking them in all the different trays until I found one that fit! LOL

You can sometimes find them at Academy and the sporting good section of Walmart. There was an item sorta like this in the fishing section several years ago. I remember using it to organize lipsticks in a make-up drawer.

Those are cool. Are the trays from the sporting goods store like that?

No, that is the point I wanted to make. The trays from the sporting goods store are reloading trays ( I reload a lot and have several) They are for holding cartridge cases that have been charged with powder, and the bottoms are not open.

The lip balm trays are expensive, but would be an intelligent investment if you make lots of lip balms.

I don't make that many at a time, so a rubber band around 15-20 tubes and a condiment bottle ( restaurant style ketchup bottle) works fine.

"The tray" would make perfect tops on the balms and I'll probably be making a purchase soon (hopefully):D