Greenleaf FO reviews-pls add yours

Pam W

I received & tested the Indonesian Teakwood. I was expecting a 'woodsy' scent like sandlewood but it's anything but. Very delicate with a nice throw. I wasn't real careful in measuring the FO % - used the whole OZ in aprox 1lb of wax. Have more on order & will add higher % on the next pour ... cause I like it so much:cool2:

Editing to add: the throw is almost instant when lit.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got the cucumber melon with my wax sample.

I haven't put it in wax yet, but OOB I don't like it very much. It's more floral than fruity. I've never smelled a cucumber melon FO like this.

Uhhh - then there must have been a mistake on the label of the bottle or something. You would definitely smell mostly Cucumber, not floral. Please provide me your email address so I can search you out :)

Thanks

I got the Maduro and made it for my SIL as she loves the Archipelago Candle that it is duped from. She absolutely loved this and thought it was a dead on duplicate. Her teenage daughters liked it "more" than the original but they're biased :) Awesome cold and hot throw. A "masculine" FO to me, but I know lots of ladies that buy it too. Thanks to Brenda for insuring my SIL will always buy her stuff from me!

I got the Maduro and made it for my SIL as she loves the Archipelago Candle that it is duped from. She absolutely loved this and thought it was a dead on duplicate. Her teenage daughters liked it "more" than the original but they're biased :) Awesome cold and hot throw. A "masculine" FO to me, but I know lots of ladies that buy it too. Thanks to Brenda for insuring my SIL will always buy her stuff from me!

I smelled the archipelago candle in Havana yesterday. I thought I would not like it but I was pleasantly surprised that I did. I need to try this oil and the indonesian teakwood.

Oh, lordy, my list keeps getting longer and longer!

I tested the Maduro in their Perfect Blend wax. I used 9% which I didn't mean too. It was a 4 oz jj with HTP-93 and this baby scented my master bath, bedroom and was creeping out the doorway of my master bedroom. These are decent sized rooms too. I think I could get away with cutting down a bit but it wasn't headache strong just crept everywhere which is a good thing. I also tested Coconut Banana Cream Pie from Wix-N-Wax in Greenleaf Perfect Blend at 9% and it was awesome too.

I have more FO's and another slab of wax ordered and can't wait to try more.

I got the Indonesian Teak as my sample and also received Rainy Nights, Orchid Magnolia, and Maduro in subsequent orders. Love them all, especially the Rainy Nights! It's a pleasantly light floral with a rain "essence". The Orchid Magnolia is a floral with a bit of fruitiness OOB - have not used this in wax yet. I have already placed another order and will get Grapefruit Watermelon, Black Currant, Ginger Vanilla, and Energizing. I can't wait! :drool:

I received the Indonesian Teak as my sample and I was enchanted with the scent OOB. I am compelled to order some other scents to try. This is a unique scent. I got my samples very quickly, but was probably one of the first 10 to email Greenleaf before they were overwhelmed with requests. I am more than sure those who haven't gotten their's yet will get them soon~ be patient.

Brenda, if I may suggest~ perhaps some soaping notes added to the site?

I'd love to see how some of these fragrances react in CP soap. That Energizing sound like it would be delightful in soaping applications. I know your main focus is candles but soapers are always looking for new suppliers to try.

I received the Indonesian Teak as my sample and I was enchanted with the scent OOB. I am compelled to order some other scents to try. This is a unique scent. I got my samples very quickly, but was probably one of the first 10 to email Greenleaf before they were overwhelmed with requests. I am more than sure those who haven't gotten their's yet will get them soon~ be patient.

Brenda, if I may suggest~ perhaps some soaping notes added to the site?

I'd love to see how some of these fragrances react in CP soap. That Energizing sound like it would be delightful in soaping applications. I know your main focus is candles but soapers are always looking for new suppliers to try.

Soaping reviews will be forthcoming. I have two volunteers from this board lined up already. I want to get out all the samples before heading off on another project to track :rolleyes2 . I have seen a review in the soap area for Energizing and it did well. I will go search it down and add it to our site. Grumpy Girl is going to be doing the Indonesian Teak soap. I look forward to reading her experiences with it.

Thanks for the recommendation :yay:

I got a 1 oz sample of "Hawaiian Breeze" (OMG, it's soooooo awesome!) and a pound of the 70/30 ParaSoy blend wax. Used it all at once and out of it, I poured:

1 8oz quilted jelly jar

2 4oz quilted jelly jars

4 1/2 little melts (in ice cube tray cuz my tart pan is at my friend's house)

Heating & Pouring:

I used the same wick on all containers (51c). Heated wax to 175 degrees, then added FO within a couple of minutes at about 170 degrees. Let it cool to 145, stirred it up a bit, and poured it into room temperature jars. :-)

Burning / Melting:

I made sure the wick was trimmed to begin with, then lit and waited to see what happened. Scent throw increased tremendously within about 3-4 minutes, scenting my entire downstairs with only the two 4oz candles (lg living room, lg kitchen, bedroom, bathroom) with no trouble. The wicks did begin to mushroom after the first hour of burning, but that could be due to a lot of different factors. On a scale of 1-10, I'd give it at least an 9, maybe a 9.5 or 10 for hot throw because the smell really covered some ground.

I placed 4 of the ice-cube sized tarts (about 1/2 oz ea) into my simmer pot and after approx 10-15 minutes the whole house smelled almost like I was sniffing this FO right outta the bottle! Very impressive!

Cold Throw:

At 6% fragrance load, this wax/fragrance oil combo very easily puts off a cold throw that lets you smell the FO from anywhere inside of the same room. I'd give it a 10 on the cold throw simply because I've got sinus "issues" at the moment and yet could STILL smell this very vibrantly.

Working with the wax:

The wax itself was different from what I'm used to because it seemed "smushier", but that was not a major problem and well worth the effort to achieve the results that I did once finished. I simply cut it into cubes and microwaved it in a glass pyrex measuring cup, checking it every so often to make sure it didn't overheat. I used no color, and it is a very clean white color when cooled. And speaking of clean, it wasn't a problem to clean up after the wax as what I'd thought it would be. Just some hot soapy water and paper towels, and voila! Clean stuff again.

The Fragrance Oil:

Can't say enough good stuff about this FO! I just LOVE tropical/coconut scents, so this will be one of my favs! Very fruity with pineapple, coconuts, and some other kinds of fruits/melons I can't quite describe, a very yummy combination. I can see right now that I'm going to have to order a big bottle of this!

After trying the Ind. Teak, I ordered a larger bottle and also small bottles of Lavender & Maduro ... got a freebie Violet Musk. ALL are great. Poured the Violet Musk & Maduro last night. These two FOs really made my house smell great -- will lit them babies up today --- ain't waiting no 48 hrs.:rolleyes2

am waiting on some jars to come in to test it in wax!

you gotta have a coffee cup sitting around somewhere :cheesy2:

I burned the Violet musk today and am very pleased with it. It didn't seem to have as good a cold throw as the Teak and didn't throw hot quite as fast BUT once it got started .... :yay: It filled a 9x13 room -- with scent creeping out into the hall. It cured for only 24hrs so I'll wait a couple days before reliting it and see if the scent makes it to the LR. (4" jar with 2 LX 21)

I had poured the Teak in a 3" container w/LX 24 which was just perfect. Poured Maduro in the same jar with same wick & burned it for a couple hours but the mp was just too small for the time burned so re-wicked W/LX 26... difference in FO I assume. Will test it tonite.

Tested all 3 FOs at 1oz/pp.

I hope everyone is having as much fun with their GL products as I am.

I still haven't received mine :undecided

so sorry, :awww: It's gotta be tough waiting when the rest of us are doing our ooooohs & aawwwws. but by the time yours arrives, we'll have worked out all the wicking problems and you can just heat, pour and enjoy. Which FO did you request?