Greenleaf FO reviews-pls add yours

Pam W

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

so sorry, :awww: It's gotta be tough waiting when the rest of us are doing our ooooohs & aawwwws. but by the time yours arrives, we'll have worked out all the wicking problems and you can just heat, pour and enjoy. Which FO did you request?

lol thanks and I suppose that's true, everyone will have the bugs worked out before I get around to pour ;)

I requested the berries and cream...thought it sounded like a good one for the summer

I have poured Baked Apple Pie and Orange Vanilla and of course Maduro again. Orange Vanilla was in 6006 and the other two were in GL perfect blend.

All 8 oz square mason

Maduro-1 oz pp Eco-10 did really well. It was perfect on the scent throw. Not to strong. (you don't want this fo too strong) My father is going to test this one in their house when I get another poured they have a very open and large living room, dining room, and kitchen and I want to see how this baby does in their house.

Baked Apple Pie--1.50 oz pp. This one wasn't as strong as I thought it should but I might have had candle nose. I am going to make another one and give to my friend that loves Apple Pie and get her to test it.

Orange Vanilla--1.25 pp in the 6006. I got a fuel smell bad but I am going to cut back because it was very strong thrower.

Will post more when I get some poured. Overall I am really enjoying Brenda's oils and wax.

What is the estimated time wait? I placed a request for samples back in January.

I understand and I know it is frustrating and apologize for it. The time wait at this point is all dependent on when our wax arrives back in stock. We were expecting it on around the 23rd and on Monday they pushed it to the 28th. If this Monday comes without a hiccup then we expect it to be back in stock by Wednesday - allowing for the trucking time.

We have sent out 200+ samples to date. We will not leave anyone out - I promise. We have probably 5-700 requests to go and we are moving through them as quickly as we can. I won't give anyone a time frame at this point - we have had to deal with a box shortage and now the wax issue so who knows what else may be around the corner. Orders and business do come first and we have orders lined up for when the wax hits. All I can tell you is that each and every person that requested our samples will get them - at no charge. If the wax hits on Wednesday, we will begin mailing them again. So I ask for your indulgence and understanding while we work through these requests and we will get them to you as soon as we can.

Thanks

I had the pleasure of getting the samples on time and I decided that I was going to try it.

I am NOT into soy which I call the BEAST lol

Anyway, I tried the wax and the oil that Brenda sent and made a batch.

I put it in a 9 oz hex jar and wicked it using LX 14.

Well its been burning for 1 day and I must say that I am not getting any hangup at all, the hot and cold is awesome, and the melt pool is just perfect.

Thanks again Brenda

Uhhh - then there must have been a mistake on the label of the bottle or something. You would definitely smell mostly Cucumber, not floral. Please provide me your email address so I can search you out :)

Thanks

I got my shipment of perfect soy about 2 weeks ago and the day i got it i tried it. I used 9 oz hex jar wicked it with 51, satin sheets from greenleaf 1 oz pp i let it cure for about a week and i burned it and i can't smell a thing. I was just reading another members post and she did the same thing as i did and hers came out perfect. I followed the instructions on the paper just as it was stated. Can someone tell me what i did wrong. Should i try to wick it with a 44 wick b/c i just bought some. I'm fairly new to this and i am testing testing all the time. I am about to use the p/s with china rain (ls) i really is getting to me because i just CANT GET IT. Any help would be great. Thanks lou lou:embarasse

Hi Loulou,

First, I'm here to help you so no sad faces :wink2: . I need to know several things. Did you weigh everything with a scale? 1 lb of wax, etc. Some of the samples we send actually weigh more than 1 lb, depending on who cuts them. A 44c is actually smaller than the 51c - can you tell me how long you burned the candle, how deep was the melt pool and was the melt pool all the way across in that amount of time? Did you use dye, if so, how much? I need some details to try and assist.

Thanks

Hello greenfeaf. Ok here is what i did i bought 10# cut it and weighed it myself. I know that when the wax is melted that it is not the same # as it is in the block.So i put 14oz to make my 2 9 oz hex jars. I burned the candle for 8 hours and still nothing. Melting pool is about An inch maybe less. the pool was all the way around burn beautifully. I made a ivory candle and i used 2 small drops of dye. I made another one with another scent from cajun candle supply and the same thing. I hope to get this because these candles came out so beautiful i love the look but i am just having bad luck i guess. Thanks hope to hear from you soon. thanks lyndie

Ps here is a smile:D

Wow - 8 hours - a long time. I need you to burn this candle for about 3-4 hours only and let me know what's happening with the melt pool. That gives me a better idea of how this candle is burning. Do you mind?

Glad to see a smile ;)

Thanks

Brenda, I burned it for 3 hours still no scent i also had the other candle i was burning in the other room and same thing. I just got finished making 3 9 oz china rain perfect soy and they are cooling right now. I think that i may have put too much oil in them but i guess we will just have to see. I used 44 wicks in one and 51 wick in two just so i can test the difference. I put 1 oz of oil per candle, I know it too much but i guess that i just think more is better. How long do i have to let them cure before testing? The melt pool is great. Thanks Lyndie

Brenda, I burned it for 3 hours still no scent i also had the other candle i was burning in the other room and same thing. I just got finished making 3 9 oz china rain perfect soy and they are cooling right now. I think that i may have put too much oil in them but i guess we will just have to see. I used 44 wicks in one and 51 wick in two just so i can test the difference. I put 1 oz of oil per candle, I know it too much but i guess that i just think more is better. How long do i have to let them cure before testing? The melt pool is great. Thanks Lyndie

Hi - I would say that 1 oz per 9 oz candle is pushing it for sure - more is not necessarily better at times. I'm surprise to hear that the 44c burned that well with that much oil and created a good melt pool. I need to know what you are seeing though, with some descriptions. You have to be my eyes. This wax doesn't require much curing before burning and being able to smell them - maybe 12 to 24 hours. Longer periods just make the scent that much stronger. Do you have any other wicks besides cottons?

Thanks

Hi - I would say that 1 oz per 9 oz candle is pushing it for sure - more is not necessarily better at times. I'm surprise to hear that the 44c burned that well with that much oil and created a good melt pool. I need to know what you are seeing though, with some descriptions. You have to be my eyes. This wax doesn't require much curing before burning and being able to smell them - maybe 12 to 24 hours. Longer periods just make the scent that much stronger. Do you have any other wicks besides cottons?

Thanks

brenda, i know that 1 oz is too much for one candle but i am just trying everything because i want to make this wax work. I only have cotton wick 44 and 51 i have never used anything else. All this is still new to me and i am trying everything i can to make it work. I made them this morning so i will test them both in diffrent rooms and let you know the out come i will be up for a few more hours so i will let you know if they have a good throw within the next 1-2 hours. thanks lyndie

brenda, i know that 1 oz is too much for one candle but i am just trying everything because i want to make this wax work. I only have cotton wick 44 and 51 i have never used anything else. All this is still new to me and i am trying everything i can to make it work. I made them this morning so i will test them both in diffrent rooms and let you know the out come i will be up for a few more hours so i will let you know if they have a good throw within the next 1-2 hours. thanks lyndie

I understand :) Sometimes though the answer is not in more oil. A candle is a system comprised of many parts and getting them working together is the key. Let me know how the testing goes. You can email me directly at brenda@greenleafcandlesupply.com if you would like and I can continue working with you. That way this thread doesn't get super long. I want this wax to work for you too :grin2:

Thanks