Balloon Candle Instruction Slideshow

Donita

Very nice!

I have some questions though....

How do you do the decorating of flowers? Can you give us some more specific instructions on that part?

Where do you get the flowers?

Do you flatten (press) them yourself, or do you buy them that way?

How do you attach them to the wax?

Thanks so much. I love all your stuff! :drool:

Donita...You Rock!!!! My husband really hates me coming to this site...whenever I am done reading I always say I need more wax for this project or this other project, now he is going to be bummed when I ask for the credit card again...LOL...not that he's going to give it to me or anything...LOL

Awesome instructions Donita. Very complete. i have already discovered what I was doing wrong. Thought you were suppose to dip, pull the wax out of the wax, let the wax harden and then dip again. No wonder mine didn't turn out. Thanks again! Now to melt some of my new 5055 wax. :yay:

Beautiful work, Donita. Very generous of you to share your process. Sure wish I could get the same wax here. Too expensive to ship to where I live in Canada (cutoms fees, duty etc.) Only choices here are igi 1255 and igi 1260.

As usual....such an inspiration. Thanks for the tutorial albums. They are a great help. I have attempted to dry my own flowers but have not been very successful. I thought before that you had mentioned some dried flower web sites but don't remember where I wrote them down. Could you point me in the right direction again, so I can add these to my list of projects to try. Also where do you get your 5055 wax and additive?

Thanks Chiptooth. I get my 5055 and micro 180 from Candlewic. I belong to two pressed flower groups. Kate is the moderator of one (and started the other) and has a website with pictures of her incredible work and of flowers she sells. I buy from her....the ones that I don't want to press or don't have access to. I can sell you some to practice with. Donita

www.pressed-flowers.com

Thanks for the info Donita. I will definately take you up on the offer of buying some dried flowers to try when I'm ready. Right now I'm trying to finish an afghan for a baby gift (due 3/7) and trying to get things together for my son's first birthday 3/11, after that things should slow down a bit so I can play with some more wax.

Hey....WVcandleguy......you need hurricane wax to make hurricanes. Number one it has a higher melt point and won't melt. Number two it is very transparent so the light shines through. Number three....it works. Try if you must with another formula but don't expect great results. You might make it work, but nothing else did for me. Good luck! Donita

• 1 month later...