Box of candy question , safe in basket ?

I;m making this basket for a guy, to give to his wife and i wanted to put a white bear that i have holding a box , shaped like a heart with chocolates in it, sealed up of course, but i was wondering if the tarts that i'm putting in the basket , could make the candy smell like them :rolleyes2 since i only do tarts i always like to put something extra in with them.

Sorry, can't remember who it was, but someone on this site gave me a link to free lessons via the internet on basket making. One of the things they talked about was mixing food and candles. It was a huge no-no. I was surprised since some things are totally sealed, but they said no. Just passing this along, I have a feeling there are a lot of basket makers out there that combine the 2, but really don't know.

Scented thats what i was thinking, with the box already sealed good and i always put my tarts in the ziplock tart bags , that it would be ok, but on the other hand i also heard from somewhere likeGerrie said that it was a no-no. but wasn't sure if it was candy or some other food they were talking about... i tried to rememember if i have every seen chocolate and tarts/ candles in same basket . it would be so embarrassing if the tart scent did get into the candy.

Not to sound like the bad guy here, but there is a reason the grocery store doesn't put soap, window cleaner, etc in the same bag as your food. Even though it's sealed, there is that chance the candy could take on the scent of the candle... hth

A NO-NO here too.I would not make one and would not eat the candy that was in a basket with tarts,candles potpourri etc.I agree it would not be something food and health dept would agree that should be done.

I saw a candle(apothecary jar) once that had candy in the top and turned me off.Potpourri) or anything else but NOT candy.

I have favors when I do fundraising and NEVER have mints or anything else without being wrapped.I have seen mints(unwrapped) in small cup at functions and turns me off.

I would be afraid the candy would smell like the tarts and taste like them too!!

LynnS

Not to sound like the bad guy here, but there is a reason the grocery store doesn't put soap, window cleaner, etc in the same bag as your food. Even though it's sealed, there is that chance the candy could take on the scent of the candle... hth

My grocery store does, LOL! Sometimes you have idiots that bag groceries and I get meat bagged in with my veggies. :shocked2:

LOL! Kaybee, you must shop at my supermarket , some of them will mix anything together, i have to watch them. Quietgirl thanks for the link, i want to look at it, i think it will help me to do better baskets. i just got the small vase at walmart today, with the heart on it, going stick some rose's in there and let the bear hold it, because i just don't want to take a chance of the chocolate somehow getting the scent of tarts and i will have about 4 scents in it.

thank you all, i left out the candy and ending up with a basket that the man was crazy about. and the one that got it , also the aunt and she is wanting 2 baskets. the picture isn't good. but i put 2 packs of tarts on each side and 6 single tarts with hearts in them front and back, then there is a small bucket from walmart that has a heart on it , i filled with single warpped different scents. its a big basket about 30" oval

post-257-139458393773_thumb.jpg