New embed from the "expert" LOL

Donita

My friend, Kate Chu, from my Yahoo pressed flower group, posted her new work this morning. You can visit her website to view all of the wonderful flower art pictures she does. She is our modertor and has won world wide awards. This picture doesn't do her work justice....but I tried. She makes everything out of flower petals....her website is worth seeing. You should see her Statue of Liberty.....I just love Peonys and have 3 pictures in my bedroom so I made this for myself.

To any of you that are following this thread about embeds.....I found out something today that I will pass along. I used a seamless aluminum mold for this and I don't like it as well as my old tin ones. The thinner metal works much better....it is quicker and the candles come out easier....just a little tip from the new "expert".....hee hee hee.....I am doing candles with my whole family on them....there is not stoppin me now. Donita

post-248-139458376723_thumb.jpg

Boy am I on a roll...thanks everyone...you see the tenacity that I have had since I was born. I was soooooo determined to make these perfect....that I am almost there.....I pray a lot too.....I am sure that there is some kind of divine intervention going on....God just felt so sorry for me that he hooked me up with the right people who could steer me in the right direction...then I did the hard work and it is paying off. I am soooooooo happy. I want to tell anyone who hasn't had good luck doing this that is has to be something very simple because as soon as I did the "right" it takes me about a minute to make one. No bubbles or sticking in the mold. It's not just beginners luck anymore...I am seeing things.....like putting the picture into your melt pot before placing it in your mold......all of the air bubbles come out in the pot...not your mold.....I also heat my wooded spoon in the melt pot so as not to cool off the wax in the mold or introduce more air bubbles.....also....lots and lots of mold cleaner and pam...then refrigerate until they fall out...if you have to pull them, something is wrong and they will be messed up. I did one of my grandson yesterday and it came out crooked....I just heated the edge of the photo, peeled it off, repoured , put the photo in the melt pot, took it out and placed in back into the mold and the whole process took about 5 minutes to completely correct that problem. When I was searching the archives I saw so many people say that they gave up.....don't....not if you really want to learn this....it very easy when you know how it works. I can harldly wait to order new molds to start this new phase of my business. Here is a picture of my granddaugher Nikki when she was younger and visiting us in Coeur d'Alene, Idaho. She is 14 now. Had a full head of hair when she was born..honestly....the flight attendants had to call each other over to "look" at the baby with the head of curls....she was 5 months old.....she is one of those people who has too much hair....and it is curly..... Donita

post-248-139458376739_thumb.jpg

Donita, Just love your work AND your enthusiasm AND your sharing. You absolutely deserve everything good that comes your way PLUS mountains more. Thanks for making my candle making foray that much more enjoyable.