Cut pic

Scented

Here it is. Not as bad as I thought, but where the white lines show up, that's where the liner folded over into the soap :rolleyes2 Definitely could use more color and though I was trying to avoid white, well I would have liked some. So get to learn about titanium dioxide ... and I have to cut much better, but since it's my first why should I care if 14 bars break?

I haven't caught the bug just yet, but I am determined to make more with less screw ups!

[ATTACH]4659[/ATTACH]

post-23-139458393263_thumb.jpg

Here it is. Not as bad as I thought, but where the white lines show up, that's where the liner folded over into the soap :rolleyes2 Definitely could use more color and though I was trying to avoid white, well I would have liked some. So get to learn about titanium dioxide ... and I have to cut much better, but since it's my first why should I care if 14 bars break?

I haven't caught the bug just yet, but I am determined to make more with less screw ups!

[ATTACH]4659[/ATTACH]

checking:)

looks great!!

You attempted color on your first soap? I don't think it looks bad at all. That is a hell of a job for your first bar.

BTW, I unmolded that strawberry musk today. OMG. I'll post pics soon.

Oh hell yes and I used FO too (Sweet Pea). I was thinking about two colors, but turns out one was enough for the time being since I had not a clue! I wanna see the strawberry musk!! :drool:

Oh Leslie you kill me!! Now get your butt down here so I do it right the next time LOL!

No Bun Bun I haven't used it yet. I keep trying to smash it together where the liner separated it LOL! I know, you can't glue soap together, but I keep thinking another miracle will happen. Of course the first miracle was nothing blew up.

And thanks you guys, because your kind words make me feel not so disgusted with myself.

Very nice Julie, congrats! Not as bad as you were thinking it was going to be, I think it looks very nice. I am going for a whiter soap in one of my next batches too. From the picture though, it looks pretty white to me with a nice swirl. :)

Looks great Julie!! Now on to your second batch!

Is your mold a slab or a log? I have found that my soap in my log molds come out more swirled if I swirl in the pot. If I use a slab mold I pour from up high with the color and then swirl with a knife or something.

ok thats my tip for the day...cant wait to see your next batch!

Pam

That turned out absolutely awesome:yay: :yay: :yay: . Somewhere in the archives you will find my first soap. What a disaster! You are a natural!!!!!:highfive:

Thanks all!

Janis it definitely doesn't feel natural lol! I think I can access that recipe we were working on way back in the summer. Hoping so! But gotta remember what was in it lol. And then copy and paste those instructions.