Heads Up - I Just Got This Email From Bittercreek

pcbrook

After over 25 years in business, I have decided to retire and sell Bitter Creek.
I will move on having met so many great friends, customers, vendors, and employees over the years and I couldn’t have imagined doing anything else.
July 31st will be the last day to place new orders and our last shipping day will be August 2nd.
After August 2nd the phones will not be answered and the only email that will be monitored is purchasing@candlesupply.com
We will keep you updated of any changes and where you will be able to get our products in the future.
Thank you again for 25 years of your trust in us and our products.
Sincerely,
Rich Hansen President / C.E.O Bitter Creek Candle Supply, Inc.
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Shocked 1

I hope someone buys the business and brings back a few of the fragrances they discontinued from Bubbles N' Lights and Sissy's.  I've been a customer for 23 of those 25 years and I will miss them.  For about five minutes I thought about retiring myself because I've lost so many great suppliers over the years...I'm old and cranky and it's a pain to have to constantly be looking for replacements lol.  

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

I know there are a few of their fragrances that are a staple in my line.  I am hoping whoever buys will keep my favorites.  

I have to say I wasn't really surprised by the news either.  There are a lot of things out of stock or discontinued.  But I wish him the best of luck in whatever he does.  

• Like 2

12 hours ago, pcbrook said:

I know there are a few of their fragrances that are a staple in my line.  I am hoping whoever buys will keep my favorites.  

I have to say I wasn't really surprised by the news either.  There are a lot of things out of stock or discontinued.  But I wish him the best of luck in whatever he does.  

Yes, same here. Autumn Leaves and All Hallows Eve are two of my bestsellers and have been for 18 years. Let's hope WSP doesn't get their grubby, greedy hands on them. LOL

• Like 2

I'd been trying to convince them to sell me their remaining sample of WYW Goddess so I could dupe it for myself for several years.  Talked with their manager yesterday, and she says it doesn't exist.  Waiting to hear back from Rich to see if  he has something squirreled away. That FO is my white whale.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, KrisS said:

I'd been trying to convince them to sell me their remaining sample of WYW Goddess so I could dupe it for myself for several years.  Talked with their manager yesterday, and she says it doesn't exist.  Waiting to hear back from Rich to see if  he has something squirreled away. That FO is my white whale.

There have been so many of those for me over the years.  A few I can think f from BC are Bubbles N Lights' Blackberry Musk and their Warm Vanilla Sugar.  The WVS was a spot on dupe but not very strong so I anchored it with another stronger WVS.  Also, Sissy's Peppercorn.  I'm a passable blender and I use to keep hundreds of samples just for that purpose and I managed a version of both Blackberry Musk and Peppercorn because I never could find anything from another supplier that even came close.  I do candles, melts, CP soap and bath and body.

• Like 2

On 7/26/2023 at 7:05 AM, KrisS said:

Hi Kris - I have a 16 oz bottle that I haven't used yet. If you're interested, just let me know!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 7/25/2023 at 4:29 PM, BJ~ said:

I hope someone buys the business and brings back a few of the fragrances they discontinued from Bubbles N' Lights and Sissy's.  I've been a customer for 23 of those 25 years and I will miss them.  For about five minutes I thought about retiring myself because I've lost so many great suppliers over the years...I'm old and cranky and it's a pain to have to constantly be looking for replacements lol.  

On 7/25/2023 at 1:52 PM, Lizzy said:

Sad to see this but not surprised. Lots of products were discontinued over the last 2 years :(
I got my start with BCN with a kit....and I will miss them. 

I just saw this now.  Just after reading about NG.  I've been a customer for about the same time, and like you got started making candles with my very first kit back then from BC.  Makes me sad!