Another newbie hits the boards

Hello everyone. I am Melinda from Mississippi. My DIL & I are starting making candles. We are using what wax & accessories we found at a local Hobby store near us. I have different waxes ordered. I know I am excited to be a part of such a knowledgeable group of ladies & gentlemen. Right now we are doing container candles (wrong wax I know) and actually having pretty good luck with our burn testing. I have been lurking for a couple of weeks now and have learned quite a bit from all the posts I have read. Look forward to learning & sharing with everyone.

Melinda

Welcome Melinda!

You're gonna be sooooooo glad you stumbled across this place! Heck, you probably already know what I'm talking about since you mentioned *lurking* for a bit (I was a lurker too at first, a little shy and unsure). To me that means you've probably been reading up on recipe, ideas, tips, procedures, etc....which is only one of the many benefits of belonging here. After you realize how friendly everyone is and how all of the different personalities and skill levels make up the perfect mix of e-buddies...you'll be every bit as addicted to this forum as you are/will be to candlemaking!

My hubby thinks this website is my desktop and/or screensaver because day or night, no matter WHEN he walks past me, this is what I'm lookin at, ROFL!! Can't help myself though.

Great to have you here and I look forward to learnin more about your candles. Good luck with your venture!

My hubby thinks this website is my desktop and/or screensaver because day or night, no matter WHEN he walks past me, this is what I'm lookin at, ROFL!! Can't help myself though.

LOL My hubby did a thing where you can look up ther percentage of which websites a person looks at on a daily basis and Candletech was 90% on my profile thingy...hilarious!

Welcome Melinda! I know you're going to have fun here...I sure do!