an ugly heart

cybersix

Over pour wax is going to cover chunks, that's a part of chunk candles.

If you don't like the wax over the chunks, take a knife and cut around the chunk shape. The wax will pop off. If you need to you can use a soft paint brush to brush away any crumbs. After this you can lightly heat the candle with the heat gun.

It doesn't look bad at all. I agree that it would look a bit better without the wax over the hearts. But, like Candle Man said, you can chip those off gently. When I do that, I use a piece of nylon panty hose to buff around there instead of a heat gun though.

There is nothing wrong with that heart candle Sabrina. Wax overpour will always (most of the time) cover at least part of an embed. That happens to my letters sometimes...and other things. I use a very small sharp knife to cut out the wax.....then as Ducky said...buff or gently hit it with the heat gun. If I find that I still screwed it up in a few places.....that is where the glitter comes in. It would look perfect on a heart. Donita

Dear Sabrina, your candle looks fine. If you want to get rid of some of the outer layer of wax, you can always dip the candle in hot water - that's what I sometimes do to make my chunks stand out a bit and it can also get rid of any imperfections. I love the hearts.

Sabrina is good,

Sabrina is clever,

Her candles are great,

And to look, we all wait!

So keep chandling on,

Without any tears,

So we can all look

And give you three cheers!

Jo how sweet you are!!!

Thanks!!!

Thanks for the advice, I will try that!

Dear Sabrina, your candle looks fine. If you want to get rid of some of the outer layer of wax, you can always dip the candle in hot water - that's what I sometimes do to make my chunks stand out a bit and it can also get rid of any imperfections. I love the hearts.

Sabrina is good,

Sabrina is clever,

Her candles are great,

And to look, we all wait!

So keep chandling on,

Without any tears,

So we can all look

And give you three cheers!