Dumb question for the day, do dipped rose's , suppose to look like wax?

Spud those are pretty, i looked for some that was more of a rose bud, but my walmart was low on rose's as usual. I tried to post a picture of mine but for some reason manage attachment isn't opening for me:sad2: i put red color in mine. they were red roses.

Thanks, they are great sellers for me, especially this time of year. I also do the single ones in a vase. I use artificial water, with clear marbles in the vase. They are all silk roses. The red ones are silk velvet roses, and I get most of my roses:) off ebay.

Hi First Lady,

I don't know what it is you are worried about, those look beautiful to me. I would be proud to receive them, as I think your DIL will as well. It's the kind of thing that I would save forever. You know how I love making memories.

I don't know how you do this without them being all drippy, what a neat looking bouquet. I really love them.

Thanks Fern-M , they look better in person, the flash on camera changed the looks, made them look like white on them, they don't have any. i'm giving her a gift certificate also, but i wanted to give her a personal gift too, she likes stuff that someone has put effort into.:)

First Lady, those are beautiful roses! You did a great job on those. :highfive:

To explain artificial water, it is basically a clear casting resing, that you pour in the vase with the marbles, then you can position the roses how you want them and they will stay that way.

Thanks Fern-M , they look better in person, the flash on camera changed the looks, made them look like white on them, they don't have any. i'm giving her a gift certificate also, but i wanted to give her a personal gift too, she likes stuff that someone has put effort into.:)

I thought exactly that on both counts: the flash played off of the wax and mad it look white, and yeah, you bet, something made from you and from your heart will mean the world. I'm sure she'll cherish them.

Thanks all, my Dil loved them, they were the first ones i've done and went with what i could find at the last min. i'm sure a better quality of rose's would had been better, i like rose's that aren't completely opened up. also wanted white baby breath ones to put in the vase but couldn't find any, so i used those what ever they are LOL! my walmart didn't have much at this time to choose from. i'm going look for the artificial water spud mention,

First Lady - those look great! I don't know how you can dip something in wax and not have it look like it's been dipped. I guess if you continue to dip then you have the wax build up and that may not be too good!:shocked2:

I got some black roses yesterday (friends 50th birthday) and dipped them in wax with no color, when it dried, you could see that it was clear/white. So I put some black in there and dipped again. They turned out pretty good. She's gonna get a bouquet of black roses tomorrow. I hope she likes them.

(oh...by the way, Peaks Rose Bouquet is wonderful!);)

Its a small kit you buy from Walmart in the craft section.

Its like a powdered gel substance you add water to. It hardens to give the appearance of water in the bottom of a vase with fresh flowers in it.

You have got to be kidding me!!! All this time, I have been looking for a can of clear liquid. Ya know, it sure would be nice if the ppl at Walmart knew this. I walked all over that craft area looking for a can!!

Thank you for clearing that up for me.

Man, do I feel dumb. :rolleyes2