Save on Scents

LilFirecracker

I use some of their fragrances and I don't think there's a difference. I have bought some second hand out of all the strengths and they all seem just as strong. Some of their fragrances are weak though.  I love their coffee Italy, fresh Coste Hotel, fruit punch, apple cinnamon cider, and more. They also offer free shipping when you spend $100 on fragrance oils.

5 hours ago, ShelleyF said:

I use some of their fragrances and I don't think there's a difference. I have bought some second hand out of all the strengths and they all seem just as strong. Some of their fragrances are weak though.  I love their coffee Italy, fresh Coste Hotel, fruit punch, apple cinnamon cider, and more. They also offer free shipping when you spend $100 on fragrance oils.

Yeah, I'm a little leary of ordering after reading a bit. I'm having so much trouble finding oils that'll last in my melts. My next order will be from Pure Fragrance Oils I think. 

5 hours ago, LilFirecracker said:

Yeah, I'm a little leary of ordering after reading a bit. I'm having so much trouble finding oils that'll last in my melts. My next order will be from Pure Fragrance Oils I think. 

I've never ordered from them but was just wondering who all you've ordered from so far? 

1 hour ago, Belinda said:

I've never ordered from them but was just wondering who all you've ordered from so far? 

Just 2 so far. Lone Star and Aztec. So far the first 5 that I've tested from Aztec were all duds for me. Idk if it's the oils or the new wax so I made the same ones in the old wax I had left. 

On 1/5/2022 at 11:54 AM, LilFirecracker said:

I hate Aztec. Maplestreet, Studio. I heard Midwest is weak. I haven't tried pure fragrance oils yet but plan to. WSP is strong. NG is too. I like  Fragrance Buddy, Keystone, Essentials by Catalina, Muddy Soap and others. Brambleberry is great. I get scared trying new companies but heard Batch Escentuals  is good. Nurture Soap is great. I hate Indigo.Flaming Candle has some I love but I don't find a lot of them super strong.  But their Honolulu Sun is great and cocoa butter Cashmere is too. Virginia stepped up their game and I'm finding winners there too. Natures oils is great but expensive. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I've read enough about Maple Street to stay away. I think next on my list after Pure will be Sweetcakes, Candle Cocoon, and The Chemistry Store. They all have a different variety, so it'll be interesting! I already have my cart ready for the first 3 lol. After I hit those up, I'll re-evaluate and go from there after I see how many keepers I end up with. I'd like to have at least 20-25 amazing scents to go with before I open for business. I got my wax order in from Lone Star today, and the 4633 I got was the same as the original one I had got - not the soft one I got from Aztec. I'm VERY happy about that! But I know now that in the future it can still change. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/5/2022 at 11:54 AM, LilFirecracker said:

I don't use fragrances that don't last long. I do hear you on that because it's important that the melts last. If a fragrance doesn't perform properly I get rid of it because there are too many fragrances that work great. One of the fragrances that is a huge Powerhouse is from Bitter Creek and it's called Coconut Bay. A lot of coconuts are not strong but that one is super strong.

• Like 1

On 1/6/2022 at 2:36 PM, LilFirecracker said:

I've read enough about Maple Street to stay away. I think next on my list after Pure will be Sweetcakes, Candle Cocoon, and The Chemistry Store. They all have a different variety, so it'll be interesting! I already have my cart ready for the first 3 lol. After I hit those up, I'll re-evaluate and go from there after I see how many keepers I end up with. I'd like to have at least 20-25 amazing scents to go with before I open for business. I got my wax order in from Lone Star today, and the 4633 I got was the same as the original one I had got - not the soft one I got from Aztec. I'm VERY happy about that! But I know now that in the future it can still change. 

Sweet Cakes has good fragrances. Mad always has good fragrances and so does muddy soap. The chemistry store does have great fragrances. Those are Leubermuth fragrances and they are top quality. A lot of people like candle cocoon but I don't find them very strong and impressive. I think it's a company you either love or hate. There's a smell in her fragrances that I do not like. You can usually tell where a fragrance is from after a while because they all have a certain undertone to them from different suppliers.

• Like 1

On 1/18/2022 at 6:26 AM, ShelleyF said:

Sweet Cakes has good fragrances. Mad always has good fragrances and so does muddy soap. The chemistry store does have great fragrances. Those are Leubermuth fragrances and they are top quality. A lot of people like candle cocoon but I don't find them very strong and impressive. I think it's a company you either love or hate. There's a smell in her fragrances that I do not like. You can usually tell where a fragrance is from after a while because they all have a certain undertone to them from different suppliers.

There's a handful of like to try from Candle Cocoon, one being the elusive Vanilla Voodoo! I had never heard of CC or Vanilla Voodoo before I came to this forum. When I was thinking about scent names, being from Louisiana and New Orleans is famous for voodoo, that was going to be my vanilla name. That is - until I saw there was already that popular one out there. So I'll only get to use it if I decide to use that particular oil. I can live with that! 

• Like 2

On 1/18/2022 at 6:23 AM, ShelleyF said:

I don't use fragrances that don't last long. I do hear you on that because it's important that the melts last. If a fragrance doesn't perform properly I get rid of it because there are too many fragrances that work great. One of the fragrances that is a huge Powerhouse is from Bitter Creek and it's called Coconut Bay. A lot of coconuts are not strong but that one is super strong.

58 minutes ago, LilFirecracker said:

There's a handful of like to try from Candle Cocoon, one being the elusive Vanilla Voodoo! I had never heard of CC or Vanilla Voodoo before I came to this forum. When I was thinking about scent names, being from Louisiana and New Orleans is famous for voodoo, that was going to be my vanilla name. That is - until I saw there was already that popular one out there. So I'll only get to use it if I decide to use that particular oil. I can live with that! 

How would you describe coconut bay?

9 hours ago, TallTayl said:

How would you describe coconut bay?

It smells like a very strong  coconut cracked open. It's like the juice hits you in the face. It is kind of like pink Sands but different. Pink Sands has a strong hit you in the face  too. It is not a wimpy coconut. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, LilFirecracker said:

I'm in TN but am originally from New Orleans. I still have my accent.  The food is so good there.  I have the vanilla voodoo but don't like it much. It is like CS very vanilla. I have it too. I just use it as a mixer until I run out. I like BC Vanilla Extract.  I am working on a New Orleans line. King Cake, Strawberry Daiquiri, Magnolia, Pralines, Beignets are a few I'm doing. Not sure how many yet. 

• 1 month later...

What is it with coconut scents?  It seems every one that I've tried is weak or has a funky fake/metallic tone to it.  Caribbean Coconut from Indigo is the only one I've been impressed by.  I'm anxious to try the Coconut Bay - wasn't that a Yankee Candle scent?

15 hours ago, Cynna said:

What is it with coconut scents?  It seems every one that I've tried is weak or has a funky fake/metallic tone to it.  Caribbean Coconut from Indigo is the only one I've been impressed by.  I'm anxious to try the Coconut Bay - wasn't that a Yankee Candle scent?

I'm still on the hunt! Until then, I found an amazing alternative with Exotic Coconut from Sweet Cake's. I love it - so intoxicating! It's like a soft musky coconut. The scent is strong, just the musky part is soft. 

• 4 months later...
On 3/9/2022 at 12:21 PM, LilFirecracker said:

I'm still on the hunt! Until then, I found an amazing alternative with Exotic Coconut from Sweet Cake's. I love it - so intoxicating! It's like a soft musky coconut. The scent is strong, just the musky part is soft. 

Have you tried Cajun Candle supply yet? I don't order much from them because shipping is high to me even though I'm in Texas which I find strange since Aztec's shipping is cheaper and they are farther away. I don't care for a lot of Aztec's oils either.  Anyway, Cajun has some good oils. I like their Christmas Mulberry, Banana Nut Bread and they have the best cream brûlée I've tried. 

On 7/28/2022 at 9:49 PM, Belinda said:

Have you tried Cajun Candle supply yet? I don't order much from them because shipping is high to me even though I'm in Texas which I find strange since Aztec's shipping is cheaper and they are farther away. I don't care for a lot of Aztec's oils either.  Anyway, Cajun has some good oils. I like their Christmas Mulberry, Banana Nut Bread and they have the best cream brûlée I've tried. 

Funny...I'm in Louisiana and never bought from them! When I first checked out their oils, they didn't have a lot of the ones I was looking for at the time. A lot has changed since then and I'm not even using most of the ones I started out wanting. At the time their shipping was high to me and I'm less than 2 hours away. Lone Star's shipping was way cheaper. I just recently checked again because just like everyone else, Lone Star went up on their waxes - A LOT! Canjun Candle has all the waxes I use and they haven't gone up yet, and shipping was a little more than Lone Star, but overall everything was just a little cheaper. I was gonna order, but then they were out of one of the waxes. Took forever but they finally got it in after about 3 weeks. Went to order...they were out of one of the other waxes! At least a month out in this one! I gave up! That's what I get for trying to cheat on Lone Star! 🤣

• Haha 1

On 8/1/2022 at 3:45 AM, LilFirecracker said:

Funny...I'm in Louisiana and never bought from them! When I first checked out their oils, they didn't have a lot of the ones I was looking for at the time. A lot has changed since then and I'm not even using most of the ones I started out wanting. At the time their shipping was high to me and I'm less than 2 hours away. Lone Star's shipping was way cheaper. I just recently checked again because just like everyone else, Lone Star went up on their waxes - A LOT! Canjun Candle has all the waxes I use and they haven't gone up yet, and shipping was a little more than Lone Star, but overall everything was just a little cheaper. I was gonna order, but then they were out of one of the waxes. Took forever but they finally got it in after about 3 weeks. Went to order...they were out of one of the other waxes! At least a month out in this one! I gave up! That's what I get for trying to cheat on Lone Star! 🤣

I hear ya! 

Aztec is quite a bit cheaper on their wax than LS and Cajun but I don't care for a lot of their oils. I have quite a few of their oils but just the ones I like to use in aroma beads don't seem to be very good coming from them like Monkey farts and Fruit Loops. They do have a great butt naked and grandma's kitchen though and a few other good ones.

13 hours ago, Belinda said:

I hear ya! 

Aztec is quite a bit cheaper on their wax than LS and Cajun but I don't care for a lot of their oils. I have quite a few of their oils but just the ones I like to use in aroma beads don't seem to be very good coming from them like Monkey farts and Fruit Loops. They do have a great butt naked and grandma's kitchen though and a few other good ones.

I have a bunch of samples from Aztec, close to 40 I had bought at one time. I couldn't even use one of them. They smelled good, just wasn't strong enough to last in my melts. I tried buying wax at the same time I got the samples because I was almost out of 4633, but what I ended up with wasn't an IGI wax. It had an Aztec number on it and it was the consistency more like 4630 than 4633. I couldn't use it. I noticed on the website there's 2 waxes that show their number with the IGI number. I don't know if they make their own or what they do. 

Edited by LilFirecracker

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/7/2022 at 11:07 AM, LilFirecracker said:

I have a bunch of samples from Aztec, close to 40 I had bought at one time. I couldn't even use one of them. They smelled good, just wasn't strong enough to last in my melts. I tried buying wax at the same time I got the samples because I was almost out of 4633, but what I ended up with wasn't an IGI wax. It had an Aztec number on it and it was the consistency more like 4630 than 4633. I couldn't use it. I noticed on the website there's 2 waxes that show their number with the IGI number. I don't know if they make their own or what they do. 

I'm not sure about them having their own blend either. I've only ever ordered IGI wax from them. They do have the best prices on wax from what I can see. Right now I've been using 450 or 133 from Flaming and RE because it can be used for shapes, containers, pillars and clams. It's so versatile but I hate the ripples it has! I'm so wishy washy when it comes to making up my mind about wax. I love 6006 for clams and also containers too but in the Texas heat it seems like 133 will hold up better in containers. Actually though, the melt point on both of those waxes is about the same so 6006 might hold up pretty good come to think of it. I hate making decisions! LOL!

10 minutes ago, Belinda said:

I'm not sure about them having their own blend either. I've only ever ordered IGI wax from them. They do have the best prices on wax from what I can see. Right now I've been using 450 or 133 from Flaming and RE because it can be used for shapes, containers, pillars and clams. It's so versatile but I hate the ripples it has! I'm so wishy washy when it comes to making up my mind about wax. I love 6006 for clams and also containers too but in the Texas heat it seems like 133 will hold up better in containers. Actually though, the melt point on both of those waxes is about the same so 6006 might hold up pretty good come to think of it. I hate making decisions! LOL!

Girl I've been testing and tweaking for a year and a half now. I'm more than intimate with paraffin waxes now!🤣 I'm always searching for better, no matter how great it already is. I'm a perfectionist with this. Not a perfectionist at all things, just certain things - unfortunately this is one. 

On 8/15/2022 at 7:59 PM, LilFirecracker said:

Girl I've been testing and tweaking for a year and a half now. I'm more than intimate with paraffin waxes now!🤣 I'm always searching for better, no matter how great it already is. I'm a perfectionist with this. Not a perfectionist at all things, just certain things - unfortunately this is one. 

Try ten years here! LOL! I have a friend on here that's been testing for years too. Neither one of us can make up our minds.🤪

What I need to do is order some of all of what I want to try and pour some testers instead of halfway doing it. I need to come to a decision and start making some of the thousands of dollars I've been out over the years! 🤣

• Like 1