Candle care instructions

jmspgh

Does anyone include care instructions or burning tips with their candles? I have purchased many many candles and this is rarely included. I realize that most people aren't going to follow them. Prior to starting my candle making research I was one of "those" people who frequently burnt a candle either all day or for 15 minutes and wanted every last drop of wax gone. Just curious how others go about this.

Yes candle care most definitely Include, because people are clueless.

I know a person who thinks candle care includes lighting a candle with a match then putting the match in the melt pool. Not uncommon to see this person with 10 matches in a candle in the melt pool. I have tried to educate.

• Sad 1

I mean that sounds all well and good, but at the end of the day it’s a candle. If I read the instructions and leave the candle in the bathroom and my husband has not read the instructions and just lights it because it is there, will it still be safe?  This is a practical example that happens in my own house every single day. 

It can be  part of shipment packaging and looks like like you care,  But if I have to do something special to a random candle it needs to be on the candle right? Or redesign the candle so anyone can safely burn.

When a candle says trim the wick to a quarter of an inch before lighting what happens if they don’t? I can’t think of very many candles that I have purchased in the past decade that have their wick perfectly trimmed upon arrival.

I started including candle care on the box. So when I customer opens the lid, the first thing they see is candle care. All the usual stuff, plus how to prevent tunneling AND estimated burn times if they "follow the rules." In reality, who looks at the warning sticker on the bottom? Practically no one.