A little tip about sourcing original containers.

Everyone may already know this, but for anyone that doesn't....

I mainly do 16oz mason jars, but I also like to offer a luxury line and something special for the holidays, but containers are scarce right now so I thought someone might find this post useful.

The metal fitment lids that fit status jars, tumblers, apothecaries, etc. also fit a lot of Libbey, Anchor Hocking, etc. tumblers and glassware.  A couple of years ago, I bought tons of these 10oz. crosshatch tumblers (in pic) from various Walmart stores and paired them with the silver metal lids.  The lids fit perfectly and they make very nice looking candles.  A box of 4 tumblers sold for $4.96, so paired with the lid they worked out to be around $2 per....which may or may not sound that good to you, but since I always have to have my glassware shipped to me, it was a decent price for me with the added bonus of having an original container that no one else was using.  So then I learned to carry a lid around with me everywhere I go and try it on any glassware that catches my eye.  If you hit up discount and closeout stores, you can really score.  I found 12pc AH tumbler sets for $7.99 just this week at a discount store, and the metal lids fit perfectly.  I also have the wooden lids and various sizes of corks that fit a pretty wide variety of off-the-shelf glassware.  You can make some really nice looking candles in original vessels for less than the price+shipping of containers through our normal sources. 

2017-Silver-Metal-Flat-Top-Lid.jpg

crosshatchtumbler.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1