Year Round Scents

Grani L

Hello, 

I was just wondering...I know mainly Bakery / Spice / Pine Type scents are some of the main scents for candles in the fall / winter months...but I am searching for unisex masculine scents that is a year round scent, as well as a few Fall / Winter scents that are found to sell all year. Also is there a minty, floral, or baby type that sells year round also? I am trying to not go on an FO Rampage.... I would just like clear my head and to just order a few to test for my Candle line up. So please, if you have any suggestions, I would greatly appreciate your help! TIA.

You should order 1 ounce tester bottles and make some sample candles. Then test these out on family and friends. Anyone can make suggestions, but seriously you have to know your locale, and customers. How do you want to represent your company? Some companies only do bakery scents, some do only moody scents - decide on how you want to represent your company with your fragrances for candles. I can tell you fragrance selection can be very different from coast to coast.

On 8/5/2020 at 10:46 PM, Grani L said:

Hello, 

I was just wondering...I know mainly Bakery / Spice / Pine Type scents are some of the main scents for candles in the fall / winter months...but I am searching for unisex masculine scents that is a year round scent, as well as a few Fall / Winter scents that are found to sell all year. Also is there a minty, floral, or baby type that sells year round also? I am trying to not go on an FO Rampage.... I would just like clear my head and to just order a few to test for my Candle line up. So please, if you have any suggestions, I would greatly appreciate your help! TIA.

What NightLight said and also you can get 5 one ounce samples from Aztec for $5 every month. That might help you try some FO's without breaking the bank.

I know my favorites are bakery but most of the people in my area like leather or the masculine scents, which I don't care for but have to keep for them. 

I have found that some of the scents that sell all year long are apple pie and Mrs. Claus Cookies from NG. Some summer time bakery scents that sell are blueberry cobbler and strawberry white cake. I'm in Texas so people think they have to have leather which isn't what I want my house to smell like LOL!

My year round scents include Vanilla, Lemon Pound Cake, Black Raspberry Vanilla, Apple Orchard (no spice, just apple) and Cinnamon Vanilla because some customers want Cinnamon scents any time of year.  

• Like 1

Thanks for the responses. Everything as far as customer base will come together as I did in my ice - cream business...the customers drove the business!! So if someone was to ask me - for some suggestions for some start offs for Italian ice flavors... I would give a few suggestions...to start...and also as you stated Night Light I would definitely clue them in to listen to what their customers wanted...but I would definitely suggest they carry cherry. Because I know for a fact I could not go with out it. The people would have a colored cow if I did not have cherry. It was a nightmare when I ran out. I learned quickly to keep a spare tub in the truck freezer!! But with that being said...I have a totally different Idea than just wholesale accounts. -- Also, breaking the bank is not the issue....I have many scents...and Love Fruity Scents....And I just get carried away!!LOL!! If I start to order I will keep going and going...Oh...I don't have that one....I wonder what that smells like....next thing I know...it is in the cart. Lord knows, I just want to stick to my purpose. That was why I asked here. I may have some year rounders such as Downy Fresh? Not sure if it sells year round,  but It smells really good....so if I have to order...I want to evaluate the suggested few and only purchase the ones that I do not have!! 

OK - So all the listed suggestions are a great start. Gail, I would imagine the Lemon Pound Cake has no fuel smell? I went through my notes to a tester and noted it had that dreaded fuel smell. Just cant remember where I purchased...will have to double check. I will also look into a few of these suggested scent categories. As far as the masculine scents go...I personally like masculine scents in soap...such as the Green Irish for example...but for a candle?   I got to wrap my head around the masculines in a candle. I would like to offer just one or two to start, then see where it leads. As far as leather...LOL...I dont think I want my house smelling like leather either. I will order some, a give it a try and see what it is all about. We do have a lot of Farmland here!!!  Also, can't go wrong with apple pie and spice-less apple scents. Great Start of suggestions!! This really helps.

• Like 1

Where do you usually get your scents from?  Sometimes I need to order other things, so I'll order from WSP, although I don't order many scents from there.  But, I will say that if you're looking for a unisex type of scent that doesn't cost too much, maybe you could try their Sandalwood Incense.  It's not a usual Sandalwood scent and if you add some vanilla or buttercream, etc. to it, it really mellows it out and is a very nice scent, imo.

I have ordered from Rustic Escentuals, (Their Apple Pumpkin Strudel is very nice) - Natures Garden, (they have a very nice baby powder scent I recently used for Baby Shower Candle Favors.) I have also ordered from The Flaming Candle. - Their scents smell pretty promising. I still need to get those oils into wax. WSP - I have used some of their scents but mainly for lotion and soap. --  I will check out that Sandalwood FO. The Tobacco Caramel also sounds interesting.... I will add these scents to my scent list. Thanks.