Best Wax For Hot Throw C-3 or 464?

Which wax will give the Best Throw C-3 or 464?

I have not worked with soy before and want to try it but looking through the suppliers  wax descriptions and the forum here I am really confused about what to buy.

The C-3 so far sounds the best.  Candle Science reviews for 464 sound horrible,

Need some help Please

Thanks

I have not really dabbled enough into pure soy myself, but I have read pros and cons to both on groups.  However, C3 seems to be the top choice among many and those who use it have good reviews when looking at their business.  Hope this helps!

ETA: I do hear it can be temperamental in appearance and pouring temps.

Edited by lovelyscents

The last round of ecosoya waxes they reformulated. Wow, talking of soy wax that I thought was the worst - well there were many people who thought the wax was great. You do have to test for yourself because everyone has a different level of taste of what is acceptable  and also what kind of enviroment you work in. If you are into making candles. Buy a couple bags of different types of soy and pour a number of samples - you can learn a lot about candlemaking, wicks and candles by doing so. It’s not just the wax either. There are post and posts and about different wicks working with different waxes! 

• Like 1

I've worked with both as well.  It is preference.  I never had good luck with HT using 464 with too many scents so switched to primarily C3.  There are people here that have great luck with 464.  Test and see which you like. 

• 1 month later...

I'm testing both right now.  Have the baseline wick for both and pored with fo tonight.

A few days will tell.   used Fo Lavender Fields in C-3  and Roses and another in tulips in 464

They have reat CT right now aftersetting for a few hours.

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, karinz40 said:

I'm testing both right now.  Have the baseline wick for both and pored with fo tonight.

A few days will tell.   used Fo Lavender Fields in C-3  and Roses and another in tulips in 464

They have reat CT rigiht now aftersetting for a few hours.

Both of those waxes change a lot in the first couple of weeks. Give them plenty of cure time.  In my shop I notice a change in wick requirement of sometimes several sizes between a couple of days and a couple of weeks.