Good bakery scent that is non yellowing in soy?

ComfortandJoy

Hi Everyone!

I am looking for a year round bakery scent for my soy candles that is non-yellowing.  Am I asking for something that doesn't exist? 🤔  I don't color my candles.

So far, I've tried Tea and Cakes, and it's wonderful, but yellows.  I have FC Sugar Cookie Royale but I hear that one yellows too.  I know it's the vanillin, but I'm hoping there is something out there that doesn't yellow!  I don't currently have any foodie/bakery scents in my candle line.

Thanks so much! :)

Edited by ComfortandJoy

Usually only Vanilla candles turn yellow for me.  And for some reason, Spiced Apples & Peaches.  I use UV Inhibitor with any FO's with a high vanilla content.

I can think of lots that I didn't color that didn't turn yellow and didn't add UV inhibitor: Carrot Cake, Cinnamon Bun, Banana Nut Bread, Apple Cider Donut to name a few.  Maybe when it's a spicy bakery scent, they don't turn yellow. (except spiced apples & peaches from FB)

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, GailC said:

Usually only Vanilla candles turn yellow for me.  And for some reason, Spiced Apples & Peaches.  I use UV Inhibitor with any FO's with a high vanilla content.

I can think of lots that I didn't color that didn't turn yellow and didn't add UV inhibitor: Carrot Cake, Cinnamon Bun, Banana Nut Bread, Apple Cider Donut to name a few.  Maybe when it's a spicy bakery scent, they don't turn yellow. (except spiced apples & peaches from FB)

Do you use the uv inhibitor in soy?..I try avoiding fo's with high vanilla.but some sound so good..

• Like 1

On 1/30/2020 at 10:03 AM, Candybee said:

Are you using UV Inhibitor in your wax? This should help with discoloration. I get mine from CS.

In your experience does it significantly impact wicking? I’m curious to try it in my soy because I’m striving for a more uniform white. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, sarahmarah said:

In your experience does it significantly impact wicking? I’m curious to try it in my soy because I’m striving for a more uniform white. 

No it does not effect your wicking. It will help keep your wax from changing color from various FOs and improve the uniformity. Especially from exposure to harsh lighting and indirect sunlight. (Always keep your candles out of direct sunlight if you do outdoor venues.) That's why candlemakers who color and those who prefer not to color both can benefit from using UV Inhibitor. Just make sure you follow directions when using for best results.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Candybee said:

No it does not effect your wicking. It will help keep your wax from changing color from various FOs and improve the uniformity. Especially from exposure to harsh lighting and indirect sunlight. (Always keep your candles out of direct sunlight if you do outdoor venues.) That's why candlemakers who color and those who prefer not to color both can benefit from using UV Inhibitor. Just make sure you follow directions when using for best results.

Thank you thats such a relief to know