first year of candle making

9 hours ago, CandleMaker3D said:

I finished my first year of candle making in June of 2019, but here are some of my creations during that time and a bit afterward.

I'm still learning myself, but this is my first year of candle making and a bit after that.

Congrats, they look neat, I like the designs. Just wondering, do you get a nice, wide melt pool with only 1 wick? It's kinda hard to tell how wide the candle is.

all are 3x3

Those are the originals and I don't burn them for the most part. I make regular candles to sometimes.

I am kind of addicted to custom creating for now. I want to keep pushing further and further.

Not sure myself for now at least. Addicted to 3D printing itself.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I started over with a new site (changed the domain name) and everything. It's a hobby and I wanted to re-do everything and start over again.

This is the only one I have for now currently. It's the 2020 custom candle design. This 2020 design looks like my 2019 design.

-----

Basically started candle making a year and half ago or June/July of 2018 time frame. I've had a ton of problems along the way and many redesigns. I'll hit my first two years in June/July 2020 or so time frame. I won't have as many problems with many of my designs this time as I got much of it figured out even the warping for the 3D plastic I'm printing with. It had a warping problem since it prints at about 225C or 437F and the cooling down process was causing problems alone or warping problems since it was cooling too fast. This time should be much easier to deal with as I've learned roughly 100 ways if not 500 (feels this way) ways on how not to make a custom CAD (3D printed) candle.

-----

I had this one to as well. I'm basically after the first year mark or so and wanted to redesign everything and since I have so many problems out of the way already it was more or so the right time to do just that.

P1020599.thumb.JPG.0032fcd19de4043e4d558722e5772a71.JPG

Here's basically my only candle for now though or my 2020 custom candle design.

P1020600.thumb.JPG.390fe33d7d423d951f725390afc39b51.JPG

2020 custom candle design again

2020-candle-front-view-white.JPG

Edited by CandleMaker3D

On 10/31/2019 at 6:10 PM, Pam W said:

CandleMaker:  can you repost the pic??

On 10/22/2019 at 5:37 PM, barbaranj said:

Same here ☹️

I reposted 1 (other one is new) - I started over myself. I got to a point I needed to be at myself then started over again.

-----

Note:

Can't edit the post above.

Also in the second image that top hasn't been sanded down yet. I use a 5 inch orbit sander on the tops. 3D printing to orbit sanders it's kind of strange I guess. I'm an oddity in the candle making world I bet for now due to using an orbit sander alone if not just being a 3D printer type (use 3D printers to print my designs).

Edited by CandleMaker3D

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/27/2019 at 5:13 PM, Testing123 said:

very nice. invest in good photography and branding and you can market as luxury, avant garde candles

I have a 4k camera that does 30 FPS. 3840x2160 - 4k / 2160p

I'm getting to a great starting point is what I figure, but I want really well done designs myself.

"luxury" / "avant garde" / "candles"

"custom" / "avant garde" / candles"

Not luxury go custom at that point. Some of them were just starts to. I'd want to do 1-2 years of designing, but always sell regular candles on the side (at some point). Just got done making some regular candles with Blessed Exorcism Salts added (Christian / Catholic side of mine) in a regular or standard glass mason candle jars.

$19 ($29 max) for a custom 3x3 candle is what I'd aim for myself. I don't want to go luxury or anything expensive (should be able to get by just fine). I want to stay more or so within the realm of the general consumer.

Edited by CandleMaker3D

I guess. I'm very 7 Deadly Sins at times myself. I'd want to have very well done candles, but avoid pride or lust (desire for anything too far in the luxury / material realm).

That link is at least in my realm.

I just make candles myself (try to keep it super peaceful spiritually and/or humble for that matter - try to at least) - nothing special. pride alone or bragging for that matter is too far for me even, but I do like to share.

I struggle with the word "luxury" myself due to materialism alone. Plus I'm more or so a Christian / Catholic tech guy myself (not very luxurious).

Edited by CandleMaker3D