Herbs in votive candle

I’m making small votive size candles using herbs from my garden and essential oils. Beeswax is what I used on my maiden voyage, and it worked great. I’d like to adhere a couple of herb leaves to the inside of the glass votive as decoration. Is there a glue that would work for that?

1 hour ago, Lisa ATX said:

I’m making small votive size candles using herbs from my garden and essential oils. Beeswax is what I used on my maiden voyage, and it worked great. I’d like to adhere a couple of herb leaves to the inside of the glass votive as decoration. Is there a glue that would work for that?

Hi @Lisa ATX. I don't have a good answer for you but do some searching on here because there are some posts that talk about this topic and the related fire hazards and safety concerns that should be considered. 😉

• Thanks 1

Soooo. I don't make candles but I do buy them and love them. I love the look of herbs dried little bits of ephemera on the tops of candles. It reminds me of an Alter space, really. Here is the thing... little bits of dried herbs burn and combust and fly away in the air like sparks from a fire ring. And while lovely you do not want sparks and embers flying around your house. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Lisa ATX said:

Thanks all. I’ll forego adding the herbs to the wax. Good idea on decorating the gift box with  herbs!

And, you could make some wax melts and add just a few herbs on top. That seems to work fine and not be a fire hazard. I've been doing that without any issues.

16 minutes ago, NightLight said:

You can get hanging wax tablet molds. They are for scented ornaments. Popular in Asia they look great with botanics.

D1728A8C-0B9B-470C-B453-75402545212F.jpeg

Holy heck, I need those molds.  I don't know why, but I do.  Thanks for that heads up, NightLight.

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, NightLight said:

You can get hanging wax tablet molds. They are for scented ornaments. Popular in Asia they look great with botanics.

Cool, those are adorable. I've never seen molds like that with the hang tag hole. And now I have to look away... I have way too many molds as it is. Molds and FOs are dangerous and addictive things, LOL. 🤑

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/21/2019 at 2:19 PM, Lisa ATX said:

I just gotta say that NO MATTER how much fresh herbal elements you add to your candles, it will not add ANYTHING to the hot throw.  You may certainly add some herbal leaves for visual purposes but it will not do anything for the hot throw of the candle when burned.......so WHY even go there???

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/25/2019 at 6:48 AM, NightLight said:

Hi NightLight, greetings from the tropics of Australia.  Do you mind me asking where you purchased your hanging moulds from?   

• Like 1