It's all about your Branding & Marketing

Put this here because they are soy candles, maybe belongs in business section.

Another promotion all over the web, claims they are great so of course I need to order one, lol.

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/best-pet-odor-eliminating-candle-amazon-211650327.html

Edited by kandlekrazy
  • Like 1

Been seeing this add everywhere from Yahoo to FB. I'm not buying it. Anyone here who is a fairly good candlemaker can make one for half the price that probably burns way better too. All you really need is a good odor eliminator FO. I used to make them myself an they worked fantastic.

• Like 2

On 6/2/2019 at 2:41 PM, Candybee said:

Been seeing this add everywhere from Yahoo to FB. I'm not buying it. Anyone here who is a fairly good candlemaker can make one for half the price that probably burns way better too. All you really need is a good odor eliminator FO. I used to make them myself an they worked fantastic.

I agree totally, I just am a sucker and always buy others candles.  For 1 I like to see if what they say is true, like to see if I can figure out which wax it is and see how they burn.  Also I just like candles.  

• Haha 1

You all had me curious so I went and checked them out. I found their shop on Amazon. Here's what I noticed.

- Their products look real nice, pretty label designs and I like the glass status jars with the flat glass lids.

- They impressed me with their product images and the fact that they used some of them as info graphics as well, as a buyer I really like that. I like product info to be quick and easy to find.

- Several of the reviews I read did not speak favorably of the candle quality.

- For some reason they are having or have had terrible problems with their candles arriving cracked/busted by several customers per the reviews. Yet surprisingly, they still have 73% of 5 Star reviews. Go figure?

- Seems hit or miss with their candle products which is a shame.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B016CHUTI2/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&linkCode=sl1&tag=pet-house-odor-eliminating-candle-20&linkId=3396396d0ebe24b4eb42830b73c3b1b2#customerReviews

• Like 1

On 6/2/2019 at 3:41 PM, Candybee said:

What is the best odor eliminator you've used?  I read a discussion on it months ago and cannot find the thread again!

4 hours ago, MTMade said:

What is the best odor eliminator you've used?  I read a discussion on it months ago and cannot find the thread again!

The 2 recommendations I can remember were from Candle Science as a stand alone oil. And the one from Community Candle that blends with any fragrance oil to make any fragrance an odor eliminating candle. 

I sampled the one from CS and it does work in wax melts. Haven’t tried it in a candle yet. I will be sampling the one from CC later this year. 

I want to try just the additive because any of the fragranced one I find horrid smelling. If you can add to a nice fragrance then that would be great. I don’t care for the linen, airy ones they smell like tin to me and the fruity ones just smell like bad bathroom coverup.