Precise pouring

barbaranj

I make such a mess pouring into tiny cavity molds....I have yet to find something that has a narrow enough spout to help keep the wax IN the cavity instead of all over the mold.

I would love to know if there is actually something out there that would make pouring more precise!

Thanks,

Barb

I tend to use these the most especially for smaller molds. They are small and the pour is really accurate. You have to move fast but it saves me so much wasted wax and clean up time!

3 Pcs Silicone Measuring Cup

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07DC225TZ

If I'm pouring into very very small molds like embeds, I tend to just use the pipettes for those for the same reasons!

• Like 1

I make lots of small embeds and those little cups are great.    Like she said you need to learn to move fast as you are pouring the wax is solidifying.  After each pour I have a paper towel held right under the pour lip and I quickly wipe after each pour to stop the wax from running down the little pourer,,,,,,,,,,,it can be done, but has to be done very swiftly.

Trappeur

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Trappeur said:

I make lots of small embeds and those little cups are great.    Like she said you need to learn to move fast as you are pouring the wax is solidifying.  After each pour I have a paper towel held right under the pour lip and I quickly wipe after each pour to stop the wax from running down the little pourer,,,,,,,,,,,it can be done, but has to be done very swiftly.

Trappeur

That is exactly what I do. I have been known to pop it in the microwave for a few seconds if I don't move fast enough! 

For small openings, like lip balm tubes, I use stainless steel creamers. They come in a huge range of capacities. So long as the container is less than half full the pour can be pretty precise with no special actions. If the pot is very full I need to move the molds close to the edge of the countertop to fully control the pour.

leave them on the griddle or in a hot water bath to keep at the perfect temp. No muss no fuss. 

You could crimp the spout I suppose, but I’ve never needed to. 

AB5393C2-21D5-42CF-97C5-7E39D527B10D.jpeg

These are my favorite. 

images.jpg.0b8d35b34da0a9c0708bf60511ff7342.jpg

I also use them to keep small amount of FO ready & warm during the cold months.  I set them on my hot plate.  They also come in handy if I want to color a small amount of wax different colors.  They are extremely easy to clean by rewarming on hot plate or using heat gun.    I purchased the metal butter cups first then the light bulb came on and I realized a HANDLE would be nice so i moved to these!:rolleyes:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 2/16/2019 at 5:03 PM, gls said:

These are my favorite. 

images.jpg.0b8d35b34da0a9c0708bf60511ff7342.jpg

I also use them to keep small amount of FO ready & warm during the cold months.  I set them on my hot plate.  They also come in handy if I want to color a small amount of wax different colors.  They are extremely easy to clean by rewarming on hot plate or using heat gun.    I purchased the metal butter cups first then the light bulb came on and I realized a HANDLE would be nice so i moved to these!:rolleyes:

Awesome, yes, I think I may need to get some of those. They just may suit my needs as well.