I just saw a fun auction

Ebay has a seller that has a bunch of supplies listed. One of the lots I noticed in her auctions has a 2 gallon glass jar with glass lid like walmart sells now. She says she makes a CONTAINER candle out of it. Gets 100.00 each and they last for 2 months. Just caught me strange. LOL I guess I'm just tired but that just cracks me up for some reason. ;) Bruce

She doesnt have a candle for sale in this auction, just the jar and some wax and wicks. She is just telling all the good peeps that look at the auction that she used them to make container candles. http://cgi.ebay.com/HUGE-LOT-OF-CANDLE-SUPPLIES-HUGE-2-GALLON-JAR-DYES_W0QQitemZ8251382355QQcategoryZ28117QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Whats even funnier is that she is a canlde maker and cant spell candle LMAO

THIS IS THE BIGGEST JAR I HAVE EVR SEEN. i MAKE CANLDE IN THEM ALL THE TIME AND SELL THEM FOR 100.00$ MY CANLDES WILL BURN ABOUT 2 MONTHS SOLID IN IT. iT HAS AHUGE SOLID GLASS LID IN IT ALSO.

Geez, where's the link? LOL

That would be one big container...is it double wicked? Triple? LOL

I think your should just throw all the wicks in that big jar, and fill it up with wax. OH and drop in a color block too. Very interesting auction. Its a fun read on a late night. LOL

As I recall, that jar is about 16 inches accross. Near as I can figure, you'd need something like 13 or 17 wicks, depending on how you lay them out.

2 Gallons is gonna be around 15 Lbs of wax.

I figure a pillar might burn around 12 hours for every inch and these things are about 2 feet deep.... That would be 288 hours. That would be 12 days of solid burning. Even if I'm way off, that's a lot short of 30 days.

As I recall, that jar is about 16 inches accross. Near as I can figure, you'd need something like 13 or 17 wicks, depending on how you lay them out.

2 Gallons is gonna be around 15 Lbs of wax.

I figure a pillar might burn around 12 hours for every inch and these things are about 2 feet deep.... That would be 288 hours. That would be 12 days of solid burning. Even if I'm way off, that's a lot short of 30 days.

Imagine how much FO you'd need!!!!

Now who in the world would want a big container candle like that LOL! if it did get a full m/p . the smell would probably kill you:p my tarts in a dish on warmer, in my 21 x22 living room gets so strong that sometimes i will turn off warmer within just a couple hours. besides if i paid $100.00 for a candle that baby better last longer than a month:rolleyes2

I was going to say something about that, but I'm glad you did!! ROFL

Same here LOL Looks like a new kind of wax to me? OH and she doesnt just have 3 votive cups... look at her other 75 or so auctions and you can get more. Sure has been selling off extra stuff for a while now by the looks of the feedback... Bruce

One of her other auctions has for sale:

16 oz solid glass jar with "bubley" lid on it

12.5 oz solid glass jar with a "bubley" lid on it

4.5 oz jar with lid "taht" has "bubley" lid on it.

Guess she couldn't spell APOTHECARY.

One of her other auctions has for sale:

16 oz solid glass jar with "bubley" lid on it

12.5 oz solid glass jar with a "bubley" lid on it

4.5 oz jar with lid "taht" has "bubley" lid on it.

Guess she couldn't spell APOTHECARY.

(Edited to say: Oops, got posted twice!)