Suggestions for not so great peach & cranberry FOs ?

chevcher

About a year ago, I acquired some fragrance oils from a local candle company (maker) that sold her business.
Out of several pounds of oils that were great, I'm a bit stumped as to what I should do with these two scents ?
Peach Preserves is a bit syrupy to my nose, and the cranberry reminds me of Robitussin 😖
I hate to throw anything away, because they're still good oils. I'm just not sure what the heck I want to do with them ?!
TIA 

2 hours ago, chevcher said:

About a year ago, I acquired some fragrance oils from a local candle company (maker) that sold her business.
Out of several pounds of oils that were great, I'm a bit stumped as to what I should do with these two scents ?
Peach Preserves is a bit syrupy to my nose, and the cranberry reminds me of Robitussin 😖
I hate to throw anything away, because they're still good oils. I'm just not sure what the heck I want to do with them ?!
TIA 

I would take that peach, blend it with a bourbon, a tobacco, and the tiniest bit of lemon verbena and call it Southern Gentleman. In fact, I really like the sound of that and I am going to try it myself, lol. Or if you have an OMH, blend that and call it Peach Cobbler. Do you have a black tea fragrance? Peach tea is really big around here. I bet it would be awesome with honeysuckle for a fruity/floral too.

I detest cranberry. Maybe mix it with a pine for a Christmas scent? Do you have a birthday cake fragrance? Maybe the cranberry, the cake, and some vanilla for a fruitcake fragrance.

2 hours ago, ncraiders said:

If you don't want to use them you might be able to sell them on here to someone.

Or that!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

OOH I love the sound of those blends !
Right up my alley :) 
I have NG Boston Tea Party, it's a sweet tea w/ lemon, so that might work !
Normally I love cranberry, but this one...not so much :(  It will definitely be a mixer.
I think it was called "Cranberry Crush " ?  I can't imagine anyone wanting a Robitussin scent wafting through their home 😄
 There was about one pound of "Citrus Blast " that reminded me of baby asprin. Luckily, I blended with a creamsicle and a bit of vanilla & sold all of those last season.

• 1 year later...

I know what you mean about the Robutussin! I once made a cranberry from Wellington and thought my light sockets were burning. I thought I was having an electrical fire so I went around smelling outlets! Turned out it was just the candle. Needless to say I haven’t sold those :) I do like Cranberry Cheer from Rustic Escentuals. 

• Like 1

Sometimes the really stanky scents are tough to cover up so you may have to use way more of what you're blending with on that Cranberry.  Pine is a great suggestion as it's strong.  I've never had a cranberry smell like that so I guess I've just lucked out.  The peach you can blend with just about any other fruity or spicy scent.  I love Cinnamon Peach blended.

• Like 1

I've got Spiced Cranberry from WSP that I've tried to blend a thousand ways from Sunday and that sucker takes over everything with its vileness.  Maybe this thread has encouraged me to try one more time. Or maybe I should just throw it out and regain the shelf space.  

• Like 1

6 hours ago, bfroberts said:

I've got Spiced Cranberry from WSP that I've tried to blend a thousand ways from Sunday and that sucker takes over everything with its vileness.  Maybe this thread has encouraged me to try one more time. Or maybe I should just throw it out and regain the shelf space.  

I got their Spiced Cranberry last year and tried blending it too!  I'm finally to the point where I think I may have something! 

There is a Midnight Pomegranate-type that has a way of taking over too, so it is something that can mask and I really like it.  Most Twigs 'n' Berries scents also seem to come out "on top" of many other scents if added to them.

@Sebleo, I used a champagne from WSP and a peach from I can't rememer where (lol) to make a peach Bellini and it was awesome. I bet Vanilla Champagne would take it to the next level!

I did end up making the Southern Gentleman blend with peach, tobacco, bourbon and something else... sandalwood maybe? It was good, but heavy on the peach, if I get the urge to make it again I'll have to tweak it.