Anyone else have the pet peeve...

Enter your Paypal cc# as a Mastercard, I never had a problem with it. It acts as a credit card if they don't accept Paypal. Have you tried this? In the drop down menu on the site, just click on the Mastercard logo and enter the card number. Should work just fine. 

• Thanks 1

Enter your Paypal cc# as a Mastercard, I never had a problem with it. It acts as a credit card if they don't accept Paypal. Have you tried this? In the drop down menu on the site, just click on the Mastercard logo and enter the card number. Should work just fine.

Who knew Hopie! Thats great news...will definitely give it a try. 

My pet peeve😬....casually filling my cart with dreamy fragrances...only to find the supplier does not ship to Canada...or they want an astronomical  amount for shipping...either way takes the wind out of your sails!

Yes, that would really tick me off! I guess you'd have to check each supplier beforehand to see if they ship to Canada. As a "former" online seller, I never refused a sale, thus I shipped worldwide :).

I've bought stuff with my Paypal card with any company, if it's entered as a credit card, works every time. They don't need to "accept Paypal" at all. It acts as a credit card if entered as such. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Hopie said:

My PayPal is connected to my checking account, so I suppose it won't work.

18 minutes ago, Faerywren said:

My PayPal is connected to my checking account, so I suppose it won't work.

If you dont have the paypal debit card/credit card that they offer then what they are saying will not help you. 

Does it have the Mastercard logo on it? You can always upgrade to the business Paypal card...that was what I did right off the bat. I don't think there's any cost to do that. Also, if you have limited funds in your Paypal account, and it's linked to your bank, you can still use Paypal and it will deduct the funds in that account, then revert the remaining balances to your checking. I also have mine linked. 

You may be able to do the entire thing online, or give them a call, they have excellent customer service. I hope this helps?

52 minutes ago, Hopie said:

Does it have the Mastercard logo on it? You can always upgrade to the business Paypal card...that was what I did right off the bat. I don't think there's any cost to do that. Also, if you have limited funds in your Paypal account, and it's linked to your bank, you can still use Paypal and it will deduct the funds in that account, then revert the remaining balances to your checking. I also have mine linked. 

You may be able to do the entire thing online, or give them a call, they have excellent customer service. I hope this helps?

There problem still lies with the fact that they may not have the paypal card on them at the time.  I have on several occasions decided not to buy something online cause i did not have my card on me or nearby.  I did have a paypal business card for a while but if i didn't have my wallet it was useless, so i would empty the cart and order from somewhere else.  There is a few stores i will not purchase from using a cc/debit card anymore.  My brother had 2 of his debit card numbers stolen from him on there.  My card numbers were never stolen but figured if it happened to him twice i was not taking a chance on it  Personally I much prefer to use my paypal account online where i can as it is more secure since you run it through paypal's site for the transactions.

Edited by ncraiders
  • Like 1

I have the same gripe.  There have been several occasions I wanted to purchase something but nope, no paypal.  Their loss as I'll just not purchase.  I don't have the Paypal credit card nor do I want one.  I have it linked to my checking account that I use for business. 

• Like 1