Best Frankincense & Myrrh?

Hopie

For a long time, I've quit making my incense with this staple scent. The lady I was buying from went out of business, and every time I purchase it from another company, it's so bad, it's unusable. I'd love to here where I can get a great Frankincense & Myrrh to start making it again. I prefer it to be heavier on the Myrrh/woodsy for my incense, and lighter on the florals. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks for the suggestions. Just checked out Candlescience, I've never bought from them before. I see they also have a warehouse in Sparks, Nevada, which would make shipping cheaper for me. $48 a pound? Dang, does it have gold specks in it? :o

• Haha 1

I third the CS version. I've had several people tell me it smells like the real mccoy. One of them was in the middle east and buys my F&M candles because they remind him of his time there and the incense used. Another customer of mine runs an incense shop and swears it smells spot on.

I just received one in my sampler order from The Flaming Candle. Really beautiful version, perhaps a bit floral yet. Next shot, I'll try the Candle Science version. I may also buy the F&M separately, and tip the Myrrh up and see if I get that more earthy/woodsy note I'm looking for. I tend to make all of my incense on the heavier side, which is why I sell so much of it. 

On 3/26/2018 at 1:41 AM, Hopie said:

Thanks for the suggestions. Just checked out Candlescience, I've never bought from them before. I see they also have a warehouse in Sparks, Nevada, which would make shipping cheaper for me. $48 a pound? Dang, does it have gold specks in it? :o

It should have shouldn't it?

On 3/26/2018 at 1:41 AM, Hopie said:

That is the price For 5 lbs, not 1.  

DE372F58-C9D1-4A2B-8612-D2C8985B899C.png

On 3/23/2018 at 2:04 PM, Hopie said:

For a long time, I've quit making my incense with this staple scent. The lady I was buying from went out of business, and every time I purchase it from another company, it's so bad, it's unusable. I'd love to here where I can get a great Frankincense & Myrrh to start making it again. I prefer it to be heavier on the Myrrh/woodsy for my incense, and lighter on the florals. Any help would be appreciated.

I love this FO: https://rusticescentuals.com/Essence-of-Jesus.html This oil is a woody myrrh fragrance adorned with a touch of lavender, clove leaf, and patchouli set upon a bed of sweet musk. Very earthy and masculine - a divine choice for holiday & religious candles as well as anything you need for your masculine line of products such as lotion or body mist.

I love this FO like is it but if I wanted to go the extra mile and change it a little, I'd probably add a little more earthy scents,(Myrrh, patch, musk, sandlewood, etc) It's all about testing until you achieve the exact scent throw your're wanting. (and I do not consider this a masculine scent at all---when burning this in a candle, it fills my house with nothing but a pleasurable scent.)