CS Peppermint Bark

Trappeur

I've been reading the CS reviews on Peppermint Bark and they are very mixed.  Over 1/2  say they say the throw is hardly there.  I'm trying to figure out a couple scents to offer for Valentines Day and I would like to have a peppermint bark.  Has anyone tried this scent?  I'm using 464.

Trappeur

I have a sample from CS that I haven't used yet. I got it to compare to Lonestars I have been using for years. I love their Peppermint Bark. It threw extremely well in the old PB and it throws really well in feather palm. 

When I made candles almost 10 years ago you could twist off the lid and smell it immediately from 5 feet away (in a parasoy blend)

You smell a little more of the chocolate. ..about 60/40 chocolate to peppermint. And CS smells the same oob. 

It's a good strong fo and throws well for me in C3 in both candles & melts.   I add more chocolate to it.  I was going for a scent like Bert's when I first tried CS and it's def more peppermint than chocolate.  I sell it year round as Dark Chocolate Mint.

I like the Peppermint bark from JS. Also, WSP has Jelly Donut that I think might work for Valentines. It surprisingly strong and so realistic its 

unbelievable. Its sweet too, almost too sweet for me but I still like it. I think I sent you a wax melt in it. Look through your stash lol !

Edited by Moonstar
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Trappeur said:

Thankyou Sebleo for your review.  I will order a small bottle from Lone Star as I do like their fragrances and will test each one.

Trappeur

I'm sorry, Trappeur, I double checked my sample bottle from CS. I was thinking of a different oil I was comparing. The one from CS is heavier on the peppermint oob than Lonestar. 

22 hours ago, Trappeur said:

I've been reading the CS reviews on Peppermint Bark and they are very mixed.  Over 1/2  say they say the throw is hardly there.  I'm trying to figure out a couple scents to offer for Valentines Day and I would like to have a peppermint bark.  Has anyone tried this scent?  I'm using 464.

Trappeur

Trapp,I have used Peppermint Bark from Candlesource & love it ,super strong .I use paraffin ,so not sure how the throw would be in soy .I do know CS has some strong Wonderful oils.The Candlesource is low cost & also has some great ones .I am going to do some Chocolate covered Strawberries for Valentine's ,just need to find a good oil ,or blend my own.I love the Peppermint Bark scent also .I like Flamings Sweet strawberry & thinking about adding some smooth chocolate to make the scent .You could blend your own PB if you do not get good results with the ones you order. I love blending oils 😀

46 minutes ago, katmeltswax said:

hocolate covered Strawberries for Valentine's ,just need to find a good oil ,or blend my own

I blend my own. I use NG's Strawberry Preserves, Peaks Strawberry & Peaks Fudge Brownie. It's great! 

Did you ever try blending for your cotton candy? I need to get some of that burnt sugar TT was talking about. I bet you could make a great cc with that one. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jcandleattic said:

I blend my own. I use NG's Strawberry Preserves, Peaks Strawberry & Peaks Fudge Brownie. It's great! 

Did you ever try blending for your cotton candy? I need to get some of that burnt sugar TT was talking about. I bet you could make a great cc with that one. 

JC does the brownie smell like a smooth type chocolate ? I have Aztec brownies & it is super strong .I like the sound of your blend .I have not test poured the CC yet .I am still trying to decide on a Vanilla to add .I do think the burnt sugar sounds great .I should be getting my CC oil from CS any day ,excited to try theirs in my wax .I do have a blend of Strawberry a splash of peach & a Vanilla I had on hand blending .It really does not smell like CC ,smells good but not what I could name CC. I am going to test pour just to see how it turns out lol. I am definitely going to order some Burnt sugar TT recommended ,sounds like a great blending scent for sure . 

4 hours ago, Moonstar said:

I like the Peppermint bark from JS. Also, WSP has Jelly Donut that I think might work for Valentines. It surprisingly strong and so realistic its 

unbelievable. Its sweet too, almost too sweet for me but I still like it. I think I sent you a wax melt in it. Look through your stash lol !

4 hours ago, Moonstar said:

Moonstar ,I love WSP Jelly donut ,the strawberry jam really comes thru .It also reminds me of Country Berry hotcakes from other companies .I sometimes cannot tell the difference between the two after pouring both . Also similiar it ICS Wild Berry Mousse .Do you smell the similarities at all ? Maybe it's just me idk .

15 minutes ago, katmeltswax said:

JC does the brownie smell like a smooth type chocolate ?

Yes, very smooth, nothing sharp or off about it. I LOVE it and I have 3 customers that can't get enough of it. I need to find another one soon as I only have 3lbs of it left, and it's going to go fast I'm sure, and now that Peak is gone or whatever the heck is going on with them, I'll have to test and see if Keystone carries it and if they do, if it really is the same. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Jcandleattic said:

Yes, very smooth, nothing sharp or off about it. I LOVE it and I have 3 customers that can't get enough of it. I need to find another one soon as I only have 3lbs of it left, and it's going to go fast I'm sure, and now that Peak is gone or whatever the heck is going on with them, I'll have to test and see if Keystone carries it and if they do, if it really is the same. 

I ordered alot of Peak scents from Keystone when they made them available .I honestly do tell a difference with the ones I purchased .I was thinking maybe the heat got to some of the oils during the move idk .I am a bit skeptic to try more .I spent over $100 on oils and test pours were not near as strong as the original, I used to buy from Peak. I am not putting this Co down in any way ,just my results were definitely not the same as they used to be. i did find a few of Keys  I actually do like & will order  again ,just will not be ordering the Peak scents . As far as Peak not sure what is going on .I see he is back online selling oils only .I have not ordered yet .I may get a few to test pour & compare .Thanks for sharing your Wonderful oil blend .I have to try this one for sure .

20 hours ago, katmeltswax said:

Trapp,I have used Peppermint Bark from Candlesource & love it ,super strong .I use paraffin ,so not sure how the throw would be in soy .I do know CS has some strong Wonderful oils.The Candlesource is low cost & also has some great ones .I am going to do some Chocolate covered Strawberries for Valentine's ,just need to find a good oil ,or blend my own.I love the Peppermint Bark scent also .I like Flamings Sweet strawberry & thinking about adding some smooth chocolate to make the scent .You could blend your own PB if you do not get good results with the ones you order. I love blending oils 😀

I’ve Blended both Flaming’s Sweet Strawberry, & WSP ( they are pretty much identical ) with WSP’s white chocolate & it is absolutely decadent. I’ve also added Sweet Strawberry in the cocoa sugar scrubs that I love to make, & same with those !

Sweet Strawberry is the perfect strawberry to blend with chocolate, & lots of other gourmand scents,

22 hours ago, Moonstar said:

Oh yea my stash Moonstar!   I have to order some more VBN from WSP so I will get a bottle of their Jelly Donut.

Trappeur

16 minutes ago, WaxingPoetic said:

I haven’t tried that one, but my absolute favorite dessert type mint would be Creme De Menthe Whip from JS. It is soooooo delicious smelling 😍 WSP has a great Peppermint Cream, too.

Now that sounds delicious Poetic!   I'll get that sample...thankyou.

Trappeur

• Like 1

7 hours ago, WaxingPoetic said:

I’ve Blended both Flaming’s Sweet Strawberry, & WSP ( they are pretty much identical ) with WSP’s white chocolate & it is absolutely decadent. I’ve also added Sweet Strawberry in the cocoa sugar scrubs that I love to make, & same with those !

Sweet Strawberry is the perfect strawberry to blend with chocolate, & lots of other gourmand scents,

I agree Poetic.....love, love Flamings Sweet Strawberry.

Trappeur

• Like 1