Suggested Best Cotton Candy fragrance oil ?

katmeltswax

7 hours ago, Jcandleattic said:

My favorite Cotton Candy is from CS. 

Great in my wax and soaps. 

Candlescience ? Thank you I am hopeful .I have trouble with this scent ,such a light throw from the ones I have used .I use paraffin blend wax. I have tried many suppliers . I get so many request for Cotton Candy ,so trying to find the best oil possible . I want to get a great one before Valentine's .I do like the oils from CS ,only have tried a hand full thou .I have not tried their CC ,will place the order soon .Thanks JC I trust your judgement .

5 hours ago, Belinda said:

JS has a pretty good cotton candy too. Her blue cotton candy is good also.

Thanks Belinda ,would you say JS Blue CC is stronger than her regular CC? Maybe I should try both lol.I will get CS & JS and see which one test best in my wax blend .This scent always seems light to me , hoping to get s good strong throw .I have many request for Cotton Candy.

8 hours ago, katmeltswax said:

Thanks Belinda ,would you say JS Blue CC is stronger than her regular CC? Maybe I should try both lol.I will get CS & JS and see which one test best in my wax blend .This scent always seems light to me , hoping to get s good strong throw .I have many request for Cotton Candy.

I'll try to sniff them today and see which is stronger. I do know that I tried blue cotton candy from NG and JS seems stronger to me than theirs was. 

8 hours ago, Candybee said:

Have you tried Pink Sugar? It is a cotton candy fragrance and my customers love it.

Yes CB love Pink sugar and throws great .Wish I could take the caramel note from it & this would pass for a awesome Cotton Candy  .Placed the order for CC from CS ,hope to get a strong melt from this one .

I think my sniffer must be different from everyone else's!! After reading this, last night I went to my FO closet and got my Pink Sugar out, and I do not detect anything even remotely close to a cotton candy scent. There is a sweetness to each of course, but when compared side by side to my cotton candy FO I have from CS, they are like night and day different.  

But it did give me an idea, so I mixed them to see what I come up with... We;ll see. I'll check on it tonight and see if it's something I like. 

I don't get Cotton Candy from my Pink Sugar either.  And I've not found a Cotton Candy I like in soap yet. Morphs on me to a plastic smell in soap.  I've tried WSP, Nature's Garden and a couple others.    I'll have to try CS sometime.  My granddaughters favorite thing is Cotton Candy.  

38 minutes ago, Shari said:

I don't get Cotton Candy from my Pink Sugar either.  And I've not found a Cotton Candy I like in soap yet. Morphs on me to a plastic smell in soap.  I've tried WSP, Nature's Garden and a couple others.    I'll have to try CS sometime.  My granddaughters favorite thing is Cotton Candy.  

IMO and experience, CS's cotton candy doesn't morph. Or at least if it does, by the time it's cured it goes back to smelling just like it does OOB. It does however, discolor unless I use a vanilla stabilizer. So that's something to be aware of. For me it went a dark ecru/light tan ish color.  - let me see if I can find my pics of it. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jcandleattic said:

I think my sniffer must be different from everyone else's!! After reading this, last night I went to my FO closet and got my Pink Sugar out, and I do not detect anything even remotely close to a cotton candy scent. There is a sweetness to each of course, but when compared side by side to my cotton candy FO I have from CS, they are like night and day different.  

But it did give me an idea, so I mixed them to see what I come up with... We;ll see. I'll check on it tonight and see if it's something I like. 

I agree JC about Pink Sugar & Cotton Candy being different . I think the caramel notes in PS is what makes them so different  .Pink sugar is a wonderful scent & great throw in my wax blend .I just cannot get a good strong throw from the Cotton candy oils I have used . I have tried Candlesource , Aztecs & WSP. I have a order placed from Candlescience & Just Scent. I am hopeful at this point .I really need a strong one before Valentines Day :)  May try Keystone ,just ship can add up so quickly ,so I need to choose just 2 suppliers at most for now .

2 minutes ago, katmeltswax said:

I really need a strong one before Valentines Day :)  

Not sure if CS's is a 'blow your doors off' strong. I put it palm recently and it is an excellent thrower in both the palm waxes and paraffin blends I use, , but IMO cotton candy is just an average scent (not strong or light) so maybe you are asking something of the scent it just can't give? 

I do know in both soap and my wax it is true and does not fade, and I love it. 

30 minutes ago, Jcandleattic said:

Not sure if CS's is a 'blow your doors off' strong. I put it palm recently and it is an excellent thrower in both the palm waxes and paraffin blends I use, , but IMO cotton candy is just an average scent (not strong or light) so maybe you are asking something of the scent it just can't give? 

I do know in both soap and my wax it is true and does not fade, and I love it. 

JC I have a brainstorm going now & from I know your great at blending :)

I like to blend scents ,especially floral combos ,just wandering if you could suggest a blend for Cotton Candy? If so where to start ? I know CC has strawberry & vanilla along with sugar ???? Gosh I think even peach or raspberry in some oils . If you were going to make a CC oil where would you start ? I hope you can steer me in the right direction . I would not know where to start on the vanilla ,so many vanillas . I have so many request for CC & thinking maybe I should try to mix up my own to get a good strong throw . I even thought about mixing 2 or 3 CC oils together lol. Can you suggest a starting point ? Sorry for all the questions ,I know you have lots of experience & knowledge about blending . I appreciate any ideas you can throw my way .Thank you ,Thank You :)

For a vanilla you would definitely want a 'creamy' one, and not one that is straight up 'bitter' vanilla. I think I would probably try a vanilla silk type (like from NG) and then some kind of tart sweet scent like a wild raspberry, (Peaks would have been perfect for what I'm thinking) or maybe a tart lemon or something - as long as it has the sharp tart to it, and then some type of a sugar scent - like a splash of a blue sugar from Aztec, or even the pink sugar, but IDK it would probably have to have a more sugar/sweet note to it than anything else, so pink sugar may not be the best answer. 

Anyway, that's where I'd start, and maybe just keep tweaking from there. 

Speaking of blending, and this topic, I did throw some pink sugar and cotton candy together last night just to see what it would smell like. I'll know this weekend. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jcandleattic said:

For a vanilla you would definitely want a 'creamy' one, and not one that is straight up 'bitter' vanilla. I think I would probably try a vanilla silk type (like from NG) and then some kind of tart sweet scent like a wild raspberry, (Peaks would have been perfect for what I'm thinking) or maybe a tart lemon or something - as long as it has the sharp tart to it, and then some type of a sugar scent - like a splash of a blue sugar from Aztec, or even the pink sugar, but IDK it would probably have to have a more sugar/sweet note to it than anything else, so pink sugar may not be the best answer. 

Anyway, that's where I'd start, and maybe just keep tweaking from there. 

Speaking of blending, and this topic, I did throw some pink sugar and cotton candy together last night just to see what it would smell like. I'll know this weekend. 

I appreciate the suggestion . I have blended Pink sugar with Lavender ,very nice scent .I named it Lavender Twist ,customers love this one. Please let me know how your CC & PS blend turn out ,sounds great . I am not a huge floral fan ,so always blending my florals with fruits ,melons & anything else I can get my hands on to change the scents into something unique . I have a Magnolia Lemon blend ,sounds weird I know ,actually turned into a wonderful scent . The lemon tones the Magnolia down & completely changes the harsh Magnolia into something unique . I sell a lot of this one in the spring /summer . I call it Magnolia Lemon. Do  you think  any of the Aztec vanillas would work for the CC ? I have not used my 5 for 5 coupon this month . I do not have much luck with Natures Garden ,with the ones I have tried . I am sure NG has amazing scents ,just had more misses than hits with them in the past . I use Aztecs a lot & have good results with most of their oils . I am going to do some oil blends for CC & see what I come up with .LOL probably a disaster ,shall see .I will let you know .Thanks a bunch for the suggestions .

3 hours ago, Jcandleattic said:

I can't think if I have tried any vanillas from aztec that wasn't already a mix (like cinnamon vanilla, etc.) 

When looking at the descriptions, look for buzz words like creamy, soft, buttery, etc., I'm sure they are bound to have something!! 

Aztec has a wonderful Birthday cake & Creme brulee ,however neither would work for a smooth creamy vanilla.I have a sample if their Vanilla bean ,going to check the scent notes of this one  .I have a sweet strawberry ,sweet musk & a tiny bit of peach blending right now.It may not turn out CC ,but it sure smells Wonderful .I will put it in the wax next week & see what I get lol .I love the name Pretty in Pink ,so if all goes well ,may have a new custom blend scent for this one .I read the reviews for CC on Bramble Berry ,not to good .I have never used Cajun so may look theirs up as well.Candlescience is most likely as good as it gets thou.

Brambleberry has a burnt sugar fragrance. Combined with a "pink" scent like strawberry might get you really close to a carnival smell without the nuances that scents like pink and blue sugar have. 

The burnt sugar is also nifty to make a creme brulee, pumpkin brûlée and ginger brûlée. 

• Like 2