Rustic Esc. has a new marshmallow!

Trappeur

OH MY GOODNESS!! I told myself absolutely no more oils till I test the 258,699 that I already have. But I have been looking for Campfire Marshmallow forever. Even tried blends but just couldn't nail it. Now, I'm gonna wonder my butt over there and you all know how that goes! Well you gotta make it worth for the shipping! Oh please Jesus help me stay under a hundred bucks lol :)

2 hours ago, Daisymay66 said:

OH MY GOODNESS!! I told myself absolutely no more oils till I test the 258,699 that I already have. But I have been looking for Campfire Marshmallow forever. Even tried blends but just couldn't nail it. Now, I'm gonna wonder my butt over there and you all know how that goes! Well you gotta make it worth for the shipping! Oh please Jesus help me stay under a hundred bucks lol :)

lol, lol

Trappeur

• Like 1

6 hours ago, GoldieMN said:

@Trappeur You use to sell McCall's candles.  I wonder if this Toasted Marshmallow is similar to their toasted marshmallow fragrance (now called S'Mores).

GoldieMN

No it really isn;t Goldie....from the bottle that it is....Man that was my most favorite scent on this earth.  It's nice but I'm definitely putting in wax today when I get back from town.  Couple days ago I ordered Fbuddys toasted marchmallow I see they had....I think I have every marshmallow there is out there and still not even close.  The one closet which was awesome was from Community Candle but when they sold the business they dropped it.  Now they have one in, but it is not from the same supplier.''

Maybe I will get smart and give a melt of McCalls S'mores to whoever you think would duplicate it good and see what happens.  That would be the best idea.

Trappeur

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Trappeur said:

No it really isn;t Goldie....from the bottle that it is....Man that was my most favorite scent on this earth.  It's nice but I'm definitely putting in wax today when I get back from town.  Couple days ago I ordered Fbuddys toasted marchmallow I see they had....I think I have every marshmallow there is out there and still not even close.  The one closet which was awesome was from Community Candle but when they sold the business they dropped it.  Now they have one in, but it is not from the same supplier.''

Maybe I will get smart and give a melt of McCalls S'mores to whoever you think would duplicate it good and see what happens.  That would be the best idea.

Trappeur

I feel the same way about McCall's Spiced Pear=my favorite.  I have no knowledge of companies that duplicate scents and if they are spot on or not.

GoldieMN

On 1/22/2018 at 2:06 PM, Trappeur said:

A fiery sweetness you say??? Now that's a very unique word to describe this scent.  Has really got me wondering....Geesh I think I ordered it, but can't remember.  Need to look in my cabinet and see if it is there.  Cause I haven't made it yet...I'll post my findings too!  Thanks for posting Greywick!

Trappeur

Did you try it Trapp? I'm dying to know!!

On 1/26/2018 at 10:28 PM, Daisymay66 said:

Oh Trapp! Please do! I've been looking and trying samples forever but no luck! Please share your results as soon as you can! I'll be looking at this post a million times lol

I sure will Daisey.  I did make a candle of FBuddy's Toasted Marshmallow and right now it is at I think about a 7 day cure.....(damn I never tagged it with the date like I always do)....and I will say the cold throw is really really very rich and creamy smelling.  Probably one of the nicest I have smelled as of yet.  Just for the heck of it, I think I'm going to light it Sunday which should be 10 days, just to get an idea.  I'll burn for a bit then blow out and test 5 days later which will be the full 14 day cure.  I'll come back and post it here, if I can remember where this post  was! ha!   I seem to always have that problem.  I'll read something I like and then go back and try to find it, half the time I can't cause once we all get yacking on a post so many of them wind up off track and we start talking about something different than what the post was!  Know what I mean? lol

Trappeur

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, kfintoni said:

Okay with all this talk of RE marshmallow I think I will put it in some wax today. Bonfire Bliss is a great seller for me so hoping it is good. I will let you all know how it smells later.

Karen in MA

Ok good Karen!  So which marshmallow are you doing and what wax you using?

Trappeur

7 hours ago, Trappeur said:

Ok good Karen!  So which marshmallow are you doing and what wax you using?

Trappeur

I poured the RE Campfire Marshmallow in 444. I am having a hard time telling much of a difference between that and Bonfire Bliss. I find other than the sweet note there is a dusky almost powdery scent to it.

Karen in MA

2 hours ago, kfintoni said:

I poured the RE Campfire Marshmallow in 444. I am having a hard time telling much of a difference between that and Bonfire Bliss. I find other than the sweet note there is a dusky almost powdery scent to it.

Karen in MA

Oh that is such a bummer.. I like BB but it's definitely not the same as McCalls :( 

• 2 months later...
On 2/2/2018 at 5:42 PM, kfintoni said:

Karen in MA

Trapp

Did you try this yet?

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/19/2018 at 10:05 PM, Daisymay66 said:

Trapp

Did you try this yet?

Yes I did and no go......but listen to this....!!!

Omg....I just can't believe what I 'm going to tell you.  Are you reading this too Goldie???

I just got Tall Tayles pound of her PInk Sugar last night which smells totally awesome!   She also sent me her samples of her other fragrances and some samples of Oregon Trails oils.  Well.....one of the samples was called "Marshmallows by the Fireside".  I opened it up and oh my God, this is an EXACT EXACT EXACT dupe of McCalls Campfire Marshmallow to the T no ifs ands or butts but this is it!!!!.  It is like I struck GOLD! It is so so so so what I have been trying to dupe of McCalls Campfire Marshmallow of which McCalls has renamed to Smores.....I have been on over a 12 plus year search for this scent and have tried blends and everything.  I have tried I swear every Marshmallow out there. Even last year I ordered another Marshmallow that Oregon had at the time cause they had 2 marshmallows, but I never ordered this one....stupid me.....  I just can't stop talking about and sniffing this bottle.  I went to Oregons site to check out the price and make sure they still had it.  Well, my heart started to sink real bad as they only had Marshmallows by the Campfire and the sample I got from Tall Tayle said Marshmallows by the Fireside so I emailed Oregon today and asked if they just misprinted the label wrong cause I want   5 pounds of this stuff if it is one in the same and it is!!!  They said they like the word campfire better than fireside....I swear this oil BETTER work..it just better cause if not, if I have to order some friggin paraffin that I have never worked with, I will! lol, lol....RE Toasted Marshmallow has NOTHING on this scent or anyone else for that matter!   Can you tell how EXCITED I AM! OH BOY!  Trap's on a high and is going to make up  100 candles this week in that scent!   Whoopee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Well, I better get the scent ordered first.....lol  and I want roll on perfume made in it for me too.  Oh yeah lets see, I want someone to make me a loaf of soap in this scent too.. lol....Maybe I could find someone here on the board who makes soap....lol, lol

Oh yeah, I'm reviewing the oil samples of Tall Tayl's goodies I got on another thread so go there to see if you want....

A great big THANKYOU Tall Tayle for your remembering what I love in posts I've been in....You DA MAN!:thumbsup2::bow::yes::yay::biggrin:

Trappeur

• Like 3

@Trappeur I'll be interested in your testing of these in 464.  McCall's Country Store was the overall top seller, I believe, in the shop I worked in; Cabin Scents, second.  Wish I could find a dupe of their Spiced Pear.

By the way, check your "messages" on this board.

GoldieMN

• Like 1

Great now I need to order from another supplier. I am also looking for a great toasted marshmallow. I sell tons of Bonfire Bliss so will definitely order this one. Any other suggestions for scents to order from Oregon Trail, I hate just ordering one. 

Karen in MA

On 4/28/2018 at 4:17 PM, Trappeur said:

Yes I did and no go......but listen to this....!!!

Omg....I just can't believe what I 'm going to tell you.  Are you reading this too Goldie???

I just got Tall Tayles pound of her PInk Sugar last night which smells totally awesome!   She also sent me her samples of her other fragrances and some samples of Oregon Trails oils.  Well.....one of the samples was called "Marshmallows by the Fireside".  I opened it up and oh my God, this is an EXACT EXACT EXACT dupe of McCalls Campfire Marshmallow to the T no ifs ands or butts but this is it!!!!.  It is like I struck GOLD! It is so so so so what I have been trying to dupe of McCalls Campfire Marshmallow of which McCalls has renamed to Smores.....I have been on over a 12 plus year search for this scent and have tried blends and everything.  I have tried I swear every Marshmallow out there. Even last year I ordered another Marshmallow that Oregon had at the time cause they had 2 marshmallows, but I never ordered this one....stupid me.....  I just can't stop talking about and sniffing this bottle.  I went to Oregons site to check out the price and make sure they still had it.  Well, my heart started to sink real bad as they only had Marshmallows by the Campfire and the sample I got from Tall Tayle said Marshmallows by the Fireside so I emailed Oregon today and asked if they just misprinted the label wrong cause I want   5 pounds of this stuff if it is one in the same and it is!!!  They said they like the word campfire better than fireside....I swear this oil BETTER work..it just better cause if not, if I have to order some friggin paraffin that I have never worked with, I will! lol, lol....RE Toasted Marshmallow has NOTHING on this scent or anyone else for that matter!   Can you tell how EXCITED I AM! OH BOY!  Trap's on a high and is going to make up  100 candles this week in that scent!   Whoopee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Well, I better get the scent ordered first.....lol  and I want roll on perfume made in it for me too.  Oh yeah lets see, I want someone to make me a loaf of soap in this scent too.. lol....Maybe I could find someone here on the board who makes soap....lol, lol

Oh yeah, I'm reviewing the oil samples of Tall Tayl's goodies I got on another thread so go there to see if you want....

A great big THANKYOU Tall Tayle for your remembering what I love in posts I've been in....You DA MAN!:thumbsup2::bow::yes::yay::biggrin:

Trappeur

Congrats Trapp on finally finding your most loved scent.I just read this post , I to will now have another supplier to add .Lol it's ok have one I am dropping.I have been searching for a long time for Gee your hair Smells Terrific ,same as the shampoo I loved way way back lol. I see Oregan Trails has this one ,so thank you for your post .I will definitely be trying this supplier for some scents favorites . I will also order the S'mores scent .I hope this turns out a Winner for you,so excited to try Oregon Trails .Thank you bunches for your post .I adore GYHS Terrific , probably as much as you do the McCalls fav .🙌

Well, I sure hope this fragrance throws Kat!  If not, I'm going to pick eveyone's brains here and order what I'm told to get in a paraffin! ha ha ha....

They have some awesome sounding fragrances and have no idea what to get!  Shipping is very high from them to me.  I swear, if it isn't one thing it's another!  Tell me what you are going to order!   I'll tell you when I figure out mine....;)

Kat, who is Gyhs? lol

Trappeur

• Like 1

On 1/26/2018 at 1:58 PM, GoldieMN said:

I feel the same way about McCall's Spiced Pear=my favorite.  I have no knowledge of companies that duplicate scents and if they are spot on or not.

GoldieMN

You know Goldie, if you don't find a dupe, maybe we can get Fragrance Buddy to dupe it for us as I would definitely get a few pounds of Spiced Pear for myself so we could go in together on it.   I wonder if Flaming dupes oils.  Geesh, I'm in pretty good with them with all the orders I give them EVERY single week.....maybe?  I'll ask them.  Matter of fact I will shoot them an email right now!

Trappeur

21 minutes ago, Trappeur said:

You know Goldie, if you don't find a dupe, maybe we can get Fragrance Buddy to dupe it for us as I would definitely get a few pounds of Spiced Pear for myself so we could go in together on it.   I wonder if Flaming dupes oils.  Geesh, I'm in pretty good with them with all the orders I give them EVERY single week.....maybe?  I'll ask them.  Matter of fact I will shoot them an email right now!

Trappeur

Sounds good.  I have a votive or sample of reed oil if they need it.

GoldieMN

24 minutes ago, Trappeur said:

Well, I sure hope this fragrance throws Kat!  If not, I'm going to pick eveyone's brains here and order what I'm told to get in a paraffin! ha ha ha....

They have some awesome sounding fragrances and have no idea what to get!  Shipping is very high from them to me.  I swear, if it isn't one thing it's another!  Tell me what you are going to order!   I'll tell you when I figure out mine....;)

Kat, who is Gyhs? lol

Trappeur

Lol. Gyhst is my short for Gee your hair Smells Terrific 😀It was my all time favorite shampoo back in the late 70's .I have actually seen the original on eBay for around $40 a bottle .I just loved the smell ,each time my hair moved ,I could smell this scent ,just adore this scent.I wish the shampoowas still around .I am going to try my hand at making my own,now that I see OT has the oil. I am definitely going to try the Coconut Breeze ,Gyhst, Marshmallow campfire ,along with many more .I am working on my list & will let you know when I am ready to order 😀

30 minutes ago, Trappeur said:

Kat, who is Gyhs? lol

Trappeur

Have not checked ship to Tx ,so guessing will be high for me as well.I will pay it thou ,just have to try this oil .Yes it seems it never ends with high price ship.I remember my Filmoore ship was extremely high .Gosh Oregon Trails have some amazing sounding oils .Let's hope these work out in wax .I use paraffin ,so I can recommend the ones I get that work for me .Lol I may need some soy advice before this is over from you ....Thanks again Trapp ,so excited .