Anything Wonderful from Brambleberry?

glasllyn

FO wise just love their chocolate + they have a really great expresso too. Citrus coconut is yummy and one that I didn't care for when I first got it was 

Winter Gardenia , but after sitting for a few months I really like it. Its hard to describe . Its not a in your face gardenia, its softer and has a hit of peppermint 

and something else. Also, I like their pumpkin soufflé better than CS - very nice - I like it. If you like grapefruit, grapefruit bellini is pretty good.

I recall TT saying they have a good black tea as well. What are you thinking of getting ? I love a lot of their oils .

Oh and they have a soap mold that looks similar to the clinique soap shape :) 

Edited by Moonstar
  • Like 2

43 minutes ago, franu61 said:

Lemon verbena and christmas candy,  And I LOVE their bulk goats milk m&p

whats the christmas candy like, is it basically peppermint or a sweet candy . I believe their goat milk m+p is SFIC brand ???? Ive read the sugar plum fairy is nice too.

• Like 2

Christmas candy smells like the ribbon candy, no peppermint.  I renamed it lollipop to sell in off season.   I'm not sure if it is sfic in the bulk or a proprietary blend, but I really like it and the price is good.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Moonstar said:

whats the christmas candy like, is it basically peppermint or a sweet candy . I believe their goat milk m+p is SFIC brand ???? Ive read the sugar plum fairy is nice too.

They have SFIC, as well as their own blend. I like the SFIC ingredients better. That's exactly the product I was considering.

Thanks for these suggestions! I bought from them maybe 5 or 6 years ago when I first became interested in soaping, and then I took a long hiatus. When I decided to start back up, I really researched this time to find better FOs and keep costs down, so I looked everywhere else. Only when I got a coupon did I decide to look at them again since shipping is so high. I do have a few of theirs that are good and some that weren't. Their anjou pear, smokey patchouli, kiwi cucumber and cucumber melon were good; the coconut and vanilla were NOT. I guess the coconut totally forgot to show up for work that day because it certainly wasn't in the bottle. The vanilla was just another vanilla impostor who wasn't good at her job.

Edited by glasllyn
Typo
  • Like 2

I wonder why that is. I received a sample of Perfumer's Apprentice's coconut, but haven't tested it yet. I'd have to make one wax melt of one soap with it, but, hey, it might be the best one ever! Guess I know what I'm doing to day. I have an obligation to aid in the search for a good coconut.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Faerywren said:

I like BBs Oatmeal Milk and Honey (although it doesn't sell for squat), Grapefruit Lily, Honeysuckle (a best seller for me. I blend with just a bit of Peak's Wild Mountain Honey) and Coconut Lemongrass.

Ive always wanted to try BB honeysuckle. There is 2 ... surplus and heavenly, which do you use ? 

• Like 2

Materials?  I do love their butters and oils.  When I was making B&B I used them a lot for soap and butter/lotion supplies.  They now make a beginners soap making kit if you are very new to soap making that I'm sure is worth the price they charge for it.  Overall great supplier, noticed several out of stock last time I looked but that seems to be everywhere these days.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, 8-GRAN-ONES said:

i just received an order,

in it was a free sample of their new fruity fusion..oh my my...it smells wonderful OOB

Can't wait to try it in something..

I got one too!  Forgot about it until you reminded me. gonna put it in my easter egg M&P soaps. :)

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Faerywren said:

I use the surplus and it smells great and sells great!

That's kind of funny. They have two: one with a beautiful name, and one that sounds like it's in a barrel out back somewhere. How'd that happen?

FO Namer #1: "What should we call this Honeysuckle?" 

FO Namer #2: "Hmmm. It smells lovely. How about 'Heavenly'?"

FO Namer #1: "That's nice. OK, how about this other Honeysuckle?"

FO Namer #2: ">sniff sniff< Beautiful! I think we should call it "Surplus!"

FO Namer #1 "That's why we hired you, Greg." 

• Like 1