Vanilla Bean Fragrance

Tony

Hey Guys!   I am trying to find a nice clean strong and vanilla bean Scent  set has a good scent throw.  I use C3 so I wax. I have tried a couple that seem OK but they smell more like cake. I'm looking for something to smells like true vanilla bean and has a strong scent throw. Who has the best vanilla bean fragrance?  

Which vanilla bean FO's have you tried? Do you want a straight vanilla scent or one more like Vanilla bean noel?

I've used NG's vanilla bean and love it. Aztec has one called vanilla bean and I have some but have never put it in wax. It smells different than the one from NG to my nose OOB.

• Like 1

Hi Belinda!   I have not tried any vanilla beans as of yet. I am coming to the conclusion that that is what I'm looking for since most of the vanillas that I try end up smelling like cupcakes LOL. I tried the vanilla from  Candlewic and it just doesn't have a very strong hot throw.  I am definitely looking for a straight vanilla bean. I have not tried the one from NG yet. I will have to give it a try. ?

I agree with Moonstar and Moonshine about WSP's VBN. If that's they type of vanilla you're looking for then it's the bomb for sure! I also like NG's Mrs. Claus Cookies and to my nose they smell almost the same. I have some of each of these if you'd like I can send you a sample of them. Just let me know.

• Like 2

I use Nature's Garden Vanilla Bean and it is my favorite.  I like Candle Cocoon's Vanilla Voodoo as well, but it is very sweet and cakey.  Both are very good, but NG's is more subtle, in my opinion.  I just can't handle anything too sweet.

• Like 1

Are the 'toasted marshmallow' scents basically another form of vanilla? They seem very popular.

I also like the vanilla voodoo from CC, but I've not tried many others.

I've steered clear of vanilla till now - I was once given a vanilla candle that was so cheap and strong I had to stick it in the garage to not gag. That left an impression.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Incendia said:

Are the 'toasted marshmallow' scents basically another form of vanilla? They seem very popular.

I've steered clear of vanilla till now - I was once given a vanilla candle that was so cheap and strong I had to stick it in the garage to not gag. That left an impression.

RE has a wonderful toasted marshmallow. It smells more like a very rich vanilla to my nose over toasted marshmallow but it's delicious! JS has a couple of marshmallows but I haven't put either in wax, except for marshmallow fireside and I think vanilla bean marshmallow is good too. 

• Like 1

Is it too late to take the name 'MadWoman'?

I just took 2 tsp from each of 4 small bottles of various samples of vanilla and close relatives, and mixed them, and refilled a small bottle. They had been OK scents, but not great. Oh, my! The scent of these together is nicer than the scents when separate. There was a toasted marshmallow, crème brulee, a 'vanilla smoothie', and that 'Noel' one. (I did not mix in any vanilla voodoo because I like that as it is.)

I had been nervous about doing this for some reason,  but then I thought, 'Why not?' 

Disclaimer: I do not sell my candles. The people I give them to are grateful to receive my scent experiments. Or so they say. :)

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Incendia said:

Is it too late to take the name 'MadWoman'?

I just took 2 tsp from each of 4 small bottles of various samples of vanilla and close relatives, and mixed them, and refilled a small bottle. They had been OK scents, but not great. Oh, my! The scent of these together is nicer than the scents when separate. There was a toasted marshmallow, crème brulee, a 'vanilla smoothie', and that 'Noel' one. (I did not mix in any vanilla voodoo because I like that as it is.)

I had been nervous about doing this for some reason,  but then I thought, 'Why not?' 

Disclaimer: I do not sell my candles. The people I give them to are grateful to receive my scent experiments. Or so they say. :)

I'll bet that smell concoction was awesome!

Trappeur

• Like 1

On 2/18/2017 at 0:05 PM, Incendia said:

Well, they sort of are in a way......

They lean towards a 'smore's scent.  

One of these days I will either find my true "Campfire Marshmallow" dupe of McCalls or I will continually try to create one.

Every one I have ever tried I wasn't really happy with.  I know RE has the most liked toasted marshmallow but for me, it lacks something; depth and richness.  I've tried doctoring up this one but still couldn't come up with something as of yet.  Since CS came out with Snickerdoodle which I love love I'm thinking of adding that to the RE toasted marshmallow.  Maybe that might bring me closer...who knows. Indiana has one that isn't bad, but it still is not the real deal.  The closest I ever came to a campfire marshmallow was Community Candles Campfire Marshmallow, and I used to order it all the time.  But then she sold the business to someone else and they dropped it from the line as they said it was not a good seller.  Now they just brought it back to their line and named it Toasted Marshmallow so I got a 1 ounce sample of it.....and it is not the original one but something else and it smells like all the rest of the toasted marshmallows I have' a burnt smell....so the never ending search saga continues....sigh.....

Trappeur