Front Porch FP Fragrance Oils

Tina J

On February 4, 2017 at 3:02 PM, mulberrysoap said:

I really don't understand some people, this is the same company that left tons of her customers and vendors in the lurch and now this company have done it again?! What is the point??

Yep Mulberrysoap it is :(

• Like 1

I agree with Trappuer about Maple Street purchasing TCS :) I have purchased many samplers from Maple & most I have tried are exactly as TCS .I do recommend Maple street to anyone wanting some great fragrance oils. I am happy with the ones I have poured ,especially the Pumpkin pecan wafflers ,Iced lemon Danish ,sweet orange ,Jingle berry wreath ,Pumpkin spice, Vanilla Pumpkin Marshmallow, Peach magnolia Raspberry ,Vanilla bean noel along with many others. I do want to try WSP Vanilla noel. I purchased VBN during the sale in Nov & they refunded my paypal. . They said the scent was out of stock after I placed my order ,so disappointed .This oil is $38 a pound right now. I was going to get a pound in Nov at $28. May have to splurge for this one later along with their Jelly Donut ,amazing scent .I highly recommend their jelly donut . I purchased a 4 oz & definitely going back for a pound of this one :)

Definitely will avoid FP due to not being able to get  replacement oils if need be in the future.

9 hours ago, katmeltswax said:

I agree with Trappuer about Maple Street purchasing TCS :) I have purchased many samplers from Maple & most I have tried are exactly as TCS .I do recommend Maple street to anyone wanting some great fragrance oils. I am happy with the ones I have poured ,especially the Pumpkin pecan wafflers ,Iced lemon Danish ,sweet orange ,Jingle berry wreath ,Pumpkin spice, Vanilla Pumpkin Marshmallow, Peach magnolia Raspberry ,Vanilla bean noel along with many others. I do want to try WSP Vanilla noel. I purchased VBN during the sale in Nov & they refunded my paypal. . They said the scent was out of stock after I placed my order ,so disappointed .This oil is $38 a pound right now. I was going to get a pound in Nov at $28. May have to splurge for this one later along with their Jelly Donut ,amazing scent .I highly recommend their jelly donut . I purchased a 4 oz & definitely going back for a pound of this one :)

Definitely will avoid FP due to not being able to get  replacement oils if need be in the future.

It was asked if this was the company people THOUGHT bought TCS. The owner of Maple Street, in another post indicated that he did NOT buy TCS and in fact, indicated that his oils were better than TCS. He could have duped some of their oils although many here indicated that they did not find the quality the same.  He has offered the name of the manufacturer he uses and perhaps TCS bought form the same as while there are tons of suppliers, manufacturers in the US are few. Here is the response so that you can read what Maple Street's owner said when asked. 

Screen Shot 2017-02-13 at 7.36.39 AM.png

Edited by justajesuschick
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, WaxingPoetic said:

Wow...I never knew that she sold her oils. I think that she has some excellent tarts.

She sold oils a few years ago. Abruptly closed leaving a LOT of online vendors in quite a bind. No notice. 

Then she began selling oils again recently. I was not interested in testing any since I saw what my fellow online vendors went through the first time. Was not worth the risk for me. I do not just make and sell what scents I have on hand or what sounds good to me. I have a scent list which customers know and is ordered from over and over. It is not easy to just switch out a scent in a blend.

If she has closed the supplier side of her business again, I trust my instincts now more than ever.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, justajesuschick said:

She sold oils a few years ago. Abruptly closed leaving a LOT of online vendors in quite a bind. No notice. 

Then she began selling oils again recently. I was not interested in testing any since I saw what my fellow online vendors went through the first time. Was not worth the risk for me. I do not just make and sell what scents I have on hand or what sounds good to me. I have a scent list which customers know and is ordered from over and over. It is not easy to just switch out a scent in a blend.

If she has closed the supplier side of her business again, I trust my instincts now more than ever.

Oh, wow, that surprises me ! That is good to know, though, now I won't be tempted to order even if she does start selling them again. Thanks for the heads up ! 

• 2 weeks later...

I wanted to make it clear that I did not mean Maple purchased TCS .I have no clue as to whom bought out TCS .I  agree justajesuschick ,my statement does sound as if I was saying Maple bought TCS. I do think many of their oils are very similar to TCS ,at least the ones I have tried thus far. I have been very happy with most I have tried in my wax blend. I do believe every oil differs in performance with different wax blends. I apologize for getting off topic here :) I filled my cart full a few months ago with FP & did not ever check out ,not remembering why .I am so glad I did not make a final purchase due to the fact ,I would be in a bind if I needed certain oils from this company by now. It is so hard to find exact replacements after a company disappears. I have found similar oils with some of my TCS favorites & some do come from Maple Street .I am still on the hunt for Salty Caramel BBW type & Tangerine Dream with no success. I wanted to clear up my last post about MS & TCS . I have no idea if TCS has been sold or not & if so would love to know which company actually purchased the fragrance oil codes .I would certainly be a customer for life. I am sorry for anyone who purchased oils from FP & now has to find replacement oils .I certainly know how hard this can be. I think this FP company is starting to get a really bad reputation from the information I have read.  I do not understand why this company would do this to their customers & twice already from what I have read . Iam sorry for the confusion with my last post .I did make it sound like MS bought out TCS ,clearly they did not :)

I do know some of their oils work great in my wax & some do not..This seems to be the case with many companies fragrance oils. I get some winners & some duds with every company . I will be sure to note not to buy FP oils ,should they launch these for sale again in the future. God Bless,Kat

20 hours ago, katmeltswax said:

I wanted to make it clear that I did not mean Maple purchased TCS .I have no clue as to whom bought out TCS .I  agree justajesuschick ,my statement does sound as if I was saying Maple bought TCS. I do think many of their oils are very similar to TCS ,at least the ones I have tried thus far. I have been very happy with most I have tried in my wax blend. I do believe every oil differs in performance with different wax blends. I apologize for getting off topic here :) I filled my cart full a few months ago with FP & did not ever check out ,not remembering why .I am so glad I did not make a final purchase due to the fact ,I would be in a bind if I needed certain oils from this company by now. It is so hard to find exact replacements after a company disappears. I have found similar oils with some of my TCS favorites & some do come from Maple Street .I am still on the hunt for Salty Caramel BBW type & Tangerine Dream with no success. I wanted to clear up my last post about MS & TCS . I have no idea if TCS has been sold or not & if so would love to know which company actually purchased the fragrance oil codes .I would certainly be a customer for life. I am sorry for anyone who purchased oils from FP & now has to find replacement oils .I certainly know how hard this can be. I think this FP company is starting to get a really bad reputation from the information I have read.  I do not understand why this company would do this to their customers & twice already from what I have read . Iam sorry for the confusion with my last post .I did make it sound like MS bought out TCS ,clearly they did not :)

I do know some of their oils work great in my wax & some do not..This seems to be the case with many companies fragrance oils. I get some winners & some duds with every company . I will be sure to note not to buy FP oils ,should they launch these for sale again in the future. God Bless,Kat

Please let me know if you ever find Salty Caramel. It was one of my favorites!

• Like 1

Belinda, I will let you know if & when I do come across our beloved Salty caramel .It is nice talking to you again :)

I would love to find out if TCS has been sold & if so who bought the business .I miss so many of their oils .If you get any information about their company ,please do let me know . I do like a lot of Maple Street oils & as with any company some are hit & miss so far. I love their Pumpkin pecan Waffles ,or shall I say it loves my wax :)

I placed a order with Cierra during their Presidents Day sale & look forward to trying some of their oils. I have read some pretty good reviews about this company. I have not received my order yet ,excited to get these thou. I will be in touch!

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

JS has Salted Caramel, I've come to love all of their scents thus far. I have been debating giving Maple Street a try, but now that i've read some of these great reviews, my doubt is gone and I'm going to place an order today with them. NG, are there scents strong and good ones?? And has anyone tried SOS scents? Are they worth the money?

I've been looking at a lot of JS oils and have a bunch in my cart.  There are mixed reviews with J.S.  but then that happens with just about every supplier.   I'm going to try them.   Never tried their salted caramel but I can tell you this....I only use Salted Caramel from Flaming and it is huge seller for me and very strong in 464 and I love this scent and I love it!  I order it about every other week.  Never tried SOS scents.  Good luck and let us know how you do with them.  

Trappeur

• Like 1

Just now, Trappeur said:

I've been looking at a lot of JS oils and have a bunch in my cart.  There are mixed reviews with J.S.  but then that happens with just about every supplier.   I'm going to try them.   Never tried their salted caramel but I can tell you this....I only use Salted Caramel from Flaming and it is huge seller for me and very strong in 464 and I love this scent and I love it!  I order it about every other week.  Never tried SOS scents.  Good luck and let us know how you do with them.  

Trappeur

I have tried many, many of JS scents and have been extremely pleased with almost all of them. Ones I've tried so far with excellent results: Senorita Margarita - awesomely strong and the best scent throw, cold and hot. Cotton candy - strong, I went only 6% with it, but next time I'm going to bump it up a bit. It is a strong one tho. Cactus and Sea Salt - went only 6% with it, perfect! Clean and Sexy - EVERYONE loves that one, male and female, only went 6%, needs bu,ped up to 8 for a better scent throw, unless you're working with a paraffin. Cold throw is thru the roof tho!. Pink Stiletto, Moscato Pink, Chardonay Wine - awesome and strong ones. Watermelon Lemonade - another strong one. Caribbean Salsa, went 8% and it sold out first day at my shops! Everyone love the caribbean Salsa, strong and awesome cold and hot throw. I use GW 416 100% Soy, altho from time to time if it's a scent I think may need a boost, I'll half and half with my ProBlend 650. If I'm going straight soy i always use 2-3 tsp of coconut oil, makes it less fragile and amplifies the scent throw. Hawaiian Cocoa Butter - another awesome and strong one. There's more I've tried from JS, but they are pure, true to form and definitely uncut oils, I definitely recommend JS.

• Like 1

I love a lot of her oils too. I've had quite a few duds from them as well though. I couldn't get her pumpkin scents to throw for me for some reason but there are some on here that love her pumpkin pie spice. I think the only one I used with success was pumpkin butter brûlée. I love her Snickerdoodle, buttercream sugar cookie (same as ICS frosted sugar cookie), blonde moment (same as FB's) cinnamon crunch cake, absolutely fabulous cake (one of my favorites) aspen caramel woods, blue cotton candy, cotton candy frosting, cotton candy, flip flops, bahama mama, honey gingerbread, buttery gingerbread, jingle bells, marshmallow fireside, oatmeal cookie with icing, orange cake, cranberry pomegranate, caramel cinnamon latte, vanilla bean buttercream or vanilla bean marshamllow (I can't  remember which one of those I got) and there are more but I can't think of them. Like every company I've bought from she has some really good oils and then she has some duds. I think the biggest complaint people have (or from what I've read) is the way she treats people sometimes. I've personally never had a problem with her.

4 hours ago, Scents and Warmers said:

I've also been wanting to get the Blonde Moment from JS, but wanted to sample it before I bought the pound of it, but they only have it in the bodacious buys size

Ugh I hate that bodacious buy stuff. Yes, the pricing is great but having to buy a whole pound of something just to find out it's not going to work stinks.

On May 31, 2017 at 0:26 PM, Tina J said:

Ugh I hate that bodacious buy stuff. Yes, the pricing is great but having to buy a whole pound of something just to find out it's not going to work stinks.

I ordered a whole bunch of their oils, I'll let you know how they work out!

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
On 5/31/2017 at 9:21 AM, Scents and Warmers said:

I have tried many, many of JS scents and have been extremely pleased with almost all of them. Ones I've tried so far with excellent results: Senorita Margarita - awesomely strong and the best scent throw, cold and hot. Cotton candy - strong, I went only 6% with it, but next time I'm going to bump it up a bit. It is a strong one tho. Cactus and Sea Salt - went only 6% with it, perfect! Clean and Sexy - EVERYONE loves that one, male and female, only went 6%, needs bu,ped up to 8 for a better scent throw, unless you're working with a paraffin. Cold throw is thru the roof tho!. Pink Stiletto, Moscato Pink, Chardonay Wine - awesome and strong ones. Watermelon Lemonade - another strong one. Caribbean Salsa, went 8% and it sold out first day at my shops! Everyone love the caribbean Salsa, strong and awesome cold and hot throw. I use GW 416 100% Soy, altho from time to time if it's a scent I think may need a boost, I'll half and half with my ProBlend 650. If I'm going straight soy i always use 2-3 tsp of coconut oil, makes it less fragile and amplifies the scent throw. Hawaiian Cocoa Butter - another awesome and strong one. There's more I've tried from JS, but they are pure, true to form and definitely uncut oils, I definitely recommend JS.

DO you think the Moscato Pink could pass for a Rosé Wine ? Im not sure what its like but I was asked if I can make some samples. Im wondering if a 

Chardonnay FO would work and maybe dye the wax a super pale pink ? IDK . Santa Baby I think is described as bubbly and fruity. Not sure if bubbly

means as in a wine or champaign ?

On 8/5/2017 at 9:37 AM, Moonstar said:

DO you think the Moscato Pink could pass for a Rosé Wine ? Im not sure what its like but I was asked if I can make some samples. Im wondering if a 

Chardonnay FO would work and maybe dye the wax a super pale pink ? IDK . Santa Baby I think is described as bubbly and fruity. Not sure if bubbly

means as in a wine or champaign ?

I haven't used Moscato Pink and have no idea what a Rose Wine should smell like but I love Santa Baby! It's strong and fruity with some fiz to it.

• Like 1