How Do Almond Scents Sell For You In CP Soap

Moonstar

Do any of you soapers make any almond scented soaps ? If so, how do they sell for you ? Im asking because WSP has 3 / Cherry Almond - Honey + Almond + Almond 

They also have 2 Oats + honey type ... one with milk, one without. Why do they all have to complicate things. Im so indecisive lol ! Im hoping one of you expert soapers

will be doing a oatmeal or a coconut milk soap recipe for soap of the month - wink wink lol ! Out of curiosity, if you had to choose your top 3-5 CP Best Selling scents 

what would they be ? 

47 minutes ago, Barbara AL said:

I like Honey Almond just not Cherry Almond smells like Jergens to me.

Do the oats with the milk I like it better.

if you can find a good Lavender that would be your 3rd one.

Thank you Barbara , that's just what I wanted to hear. Lavenders 

you'd think would be easy to find 

a good one but that hasn't been the case for me anyhow. Candy bee suggested one from Pure 

fragrance oils that I might just try

also, WSP has a lavender sage that has very good reviews too. 

Thanks again ?

I use NG's Almond and yes, it smells like Jergens.  It's a fairly good seller for me.   I us OMH from Southern Scentsations and it is hands down my best seller.  I tried a lot of OMH before landing on this one and it's devine.   Fortunately, I'm able to drive to get it and just made a trip a few weeks ago for 4 lbs as it's the only one I use from them.

• Like 1

I just purchased WSP Oatmeal and Honey and am disappointed. I just do not care for it, although on their site it got stellar reviews.  Im kicking myself for once again, buying a whole pound with out just ordering a little tester to begin with...

• Like 1

I love both the Honey Almond and Vanilla Almond from WSP, and they hold up well in my melt and pour soaps.  I have tried the Almond from SC, but it has a strong note in it that turns me off, it's one that I would have to mix with something else. Hope that helps!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, samirish said:

I just purchased WSP Oatmeal and Honey and am disappointed. I just do not care for it, although on their site it got stellar reviews.  Im kicking myself for once again, buying a whole pound with out just ordering a little tester to begin with...

Ugh ... I hate when that happens :( May I ask what you didn't care about, was it too sweet ? I read one review that said it was like a oatmeal cookie.

Maybe I should go with their oatmeal milk and honey ??? Theres FO's Ive purchased that when I first smelled them I didn't care for them + then a month or

so later I'll smell it again + for some reason I'll like it ... maybe it mellows IDK ?? its weird. Then theres others I hate just as much as the first time lol ! 

Thanks for chiming in :) 

2 hours ago, samirish said:

1 minute ago, se2653 said:

I love both the Honey Almond and Vanilla Almond from WSP, and they hold up well in my melt and pour soaps.  I have tried the Almond from SC, but it has a strong note in it that turns me off, it's one that I would have to mix with something else. Hope that helps!

It very much helps - thank you :) 

2 hours ago, Shari said:

I use NG's Almond and yes, it smells like Jergens.  It's a fairly good seller for me.   I us OMH from Southern Scentsations and it is hands down my best seller.  I tried a lot of OMH before landing on this one and it's devine.   Fortunately, I'm able to drive to get it and just made a trip a few weeks ago for 4 lbs as it's the only one I use from them.

I have to check this out . Thank you for your input - greatly appreciated !

Well I just went on the Southern Sensations web site + theres no button to add items to your cart ???? Also, it lacks important information such as how many of 

something your getting for the posted price - weird . Maybe they are for local pick up only ???? 

Hi Moonstar, actually It wasnt sweet enough for me. It smells kinda like feet.

2 hours ago, Moonstar said:

Ugh ... I hate when that happens :( May I ask what you didn't care about, was it too sweet ? I read one review that said it was like a oatmeal cookie.

Maybe I should go with their oatmeal milk and honey ??? Theres FO's Ive purchased that when I first smelled them I didn't care for them + then a month or

so later I'll smell it again + for some reason I'll like it ... maybe it mellows IDK ?? its weird. Then theres others I hate just as much as the first time lol ! 

Thanks for chiming in :) 

tI

• Like 1

I am currently using EBB's Oatmeal, Milk, & Honey fragrance. OMH scents are typically a honey and almond combo. I've tried several and settled on this one for a variety of reasons. Its one of my best sellers so I am sticking with it. Personally I don't want a cherry almond type because I don't want that Jergen's scent in my soap.

PFO has the best OMH but being on the West Coast plus shipping I quit buying from them a few years back and settled on EBB's version. I like it best out of all the suppliers I am currently using and it sells very well and holds its scent in CP so I am happy with it.

• Like 1

Thanks Candybee ! I remember you talking about the OMH + Lavender from PFO - Im assuming thats Pure Fragrance Oils ? I could of swore the web site 

stated they were on the East Coast ? Unless I was checking the wrong vendor, which is possible. Thanks again for your input :) 

3 hours ago, Moonstar said:

Well I just went on the Southern Sensations web site + theres no button to add items to your cart ???? Also, it lacks important information such as how many of

something your getting for the posted price - weird . Maybe they are for local pick up only ????

They've changed their site.  Wonder if they are working on it.  Sorry, I've never ordered but had the ability to put stuff in my cart previously.   I would be happy to send you some to smell and try if you like.   I have plenty on hand right now.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Shari said:

They've changed their site.  Wonder if they are working on it.  Sorry, I've never ordered but had the ability to put stuff in my cart previously.   I would be happy to send you some to smell and try if you like.   I have plenty on hand right now.

Oh thank you Shari, I don't want you going through any trouble though. I just thought it was so weird and the part of not including information such as how many

of tubes, jars etc is included in the price is very odd. Maybe I'll give them a call, like you said, they might not even be aware of it. Id hate to see them loosing out on

sales for a lack of their site not working. 

Your right Candybee, they are out in CA :( for some reason I thought they were East Coast ... Your right shipping from out West is sky high :( 

Brambleberry has a good one too but same thing - out west + high shipping :( 

Edited by Moonstar

If I was west of the Rockies I would buy a lot of PFO's FOs. I love many of their oils and their lavender, OMH, and honey are 3 of my favs. Although their prices have come down a bit in recent years shipping is still a killer. But my lavender soap sales have never been as big as when I was using their lavender. I have been reconsidering using their lavender again but it's actually cheaper to use lavender EO for my soap and that is what I have been doing.

Since they have to be buying their lavender from one of the major manufacturers other suppliers must be selling it. I will continue to search until I find another supplier that has the same.

Edited by Candybee
  • Like 1

Canine what about the True Lavender that everyone raves about from Tennessee before they closed. I believe Barbara ( on the forum) is sending TT a some 

to to what she comes up with through TT's sources. Ive never bought/used that one so I don't know much about it :( I bet your customers love the fact 

that you use lavender EO - do you use lavandin or 30/32 / 40/42 ? BTW LOVE your new profile pic ` Adorable :) 

PFO has $10 flat rate shipping still - for now. On the phone with them that might change, so if you're considering stocking up on PFO, now is a good time!

the USPS, fed-ex and UPS rates are scheduled to (or are in the process of) increasing. 

• Like 1