Whats better? I  am trying to get the STRONGEST smelling candles possible. Parrafin is bad for the enviorment so I can't go there. Soy in my opinion sucks. I have beeswax. I  have a 3.25" candle with vybar and 1 fragrance oil of campfire scent. It smells good and if i am near it I can smell it a bit and if I walk into the room I smell it the most..but I want candles that smell strong in general no matter where I am in my room. I am reading about coconut wax and supposedly they are great for scent throw.  This site says beeswax can "trap" scent, is this true? Is coconut wax the way to go?

• Like 1

I don't know much about coconut wax + not sure if anyone on the forum uses it. I could be wrong though. From what I remember when researching coconut wax

theres 1 or 2 supplies- that carry it,both West Coast so that was not an option for me as wax is very heavy and shipping to me would be outrageous. 

Also Ive read that coconut wax is a very soft wax and I think it would be finicky like soy. TallTally on this forum works with beeswax and is a pro at well,

just about everything, so hopefully she'll chime in + give you advise on beeswax. 

• 1 month later...

I have used it; the first thing to know is that it comes in slabs, not flakes. That isn't a deal breaker for me, but I do have to use an electric knife to cut squares that are usable in my melting pot.  I didn't notice a better scent throw than soy waxes ( I use wellington or 464 or northwood soy) but I do like the idea of being able to claim that it's a coconut wax candle. 

It also seems softer than waxes I am used to, which again...isn't a deal breaker...and all the candles I've made with it have a very nice consistency and a very smooth top.

I was planning to try mixing it with soy waxes and see how that works....once I get out the electric knife again...

Edited by candlesinflorida
  • Like 1