Is JUST SCENT any good for FO?

CyanideNoodles

I use beeswax for my candles and I want to have the best scent possible. I always use about 1 oil to get a strong scent in my candles.

What are your opinions on JUST SCENT? They have a lot of scents other sites like natures garden, flaming candle, and CS don't. I really am interested in them but I've seen some different opinions. I am trying to make it so my candles smell as strong as say a bath and body works candles so fragrance oils need to be strong and smell really good. I already use vybar in my candles too. Thanks in advance.

I remember reading their cotton candy super strong + cotton candy frosting ? is really good.  On a side note I think you'll have to just 

order some from a few places + see what you think. I can't tell you how many times Ive bought oils based on others reviews + I didn't care for them 

we all smell differently, what smells overly sweet to one can smell weak to another ... does that make sense ? 

NG seems popular with many but Im not crazy about them for the most part although they do have some nice ones too. Have you tried Peak ?

35 minutes ago, CyanideNoodles said:

Yeah I was interested in their super strong fragrances because that's a big thing for me is to have a strong FO. I like NG but they don't have very unique ones. I have not heard of peak. What is your experience with them? And the full name if you don't mind.

JS has some really good oils, and like you said, some unique ones. She also has some duds like all suppliers. I use quite a few of her oils. 

I think Peak is Peak candle supply. You can google it. They have some great oils as well as Candle Science and Fragrance Buddy, Flaming Candle, and several more.

Some that I have from JS that are strong in my opinion are:

Cranberry Cobbler

Cranberry Pomegranate

Chestnuts and Brown Sugar

Buttercream sugar cookie

Flip Flops

Absolutely Fabulous Cake

Coffee Ice Cream

Cinnamon Coffee

Apple Butterscotch cake

Berry Buttercream puffs

Birthday Cake

Buttery Gingerbread

Cardemom Spice cake

Country Berry Hotcakes

Marshmallow fireside

My Mama's blueberry cobbler

orange caramel crumble

Snicker doodle

Peppermint Mocha

Totally Scrumptious

Blonde Moment

And there are a few more that I can't think of right off the top of my head.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Belinda said:

JS has some really good oils, and like you said, some unique ones. She also has some duds like all suppliers. I use quite a few of her oils. 

I think Peak is Peak candle supply. You can google it. They have some great oils as well as Candle Science and Fragrance Buddy, Flaming Candle, and several more.

Some that I have from JS that are strong in my opinion are:

Cranberry Cobbler

Cranberry Pomegranate

Chestnuts and Brown Sugar

Buttercream sugar cookie

Flip Flops

Absolutely Fabulous Cake

Coffee Ice Cream

Cinnamon Coffee

Apple Butterscotch cake

Berry Buttercream puffs

Birthday Cake

Buttery Gingerbread

Cardemom Spice cake

Country Berry Hotcakes

Marshmallow fireside

My Mama's blueberry cobbler

orange caramel crumble

Snicker doodle

Peppermint Mocha

Totally Scrumptious

Blonde Moment

And there are a few more that I can't think of right off the top of my head.

have you tried serendipity ? Indiana has one too but the description is different ??? 

I like Peak but no matter where 

you get oils from you'll find duds

or some scents are inherently softer type while others are strong

Sorry I couldn't give you a better 

answer ? What scents are you looking for ? I think you'll like Peaks oils though ?

• Like 2

Super strong huh? Save on scents has super strong oils and reasonable prices. I like them, "overall". They've got duds like everybody. They do kinda take their time on shipping, and I'm not overly fond of that aspect, but they're no worse in reality than Bulk Apothecary or Bramble Berry. I haven't gotten anything terrible from them "yet". 

On 1/5/2017 at 4:48 PM, CyanideNoodles said:

My only thing with Just Scent is there are no reviews so it sorta scares me from buying from them. Is peak really really good? I want super strong oils.

I've had some from JS that are really strong and some that aren't, just like any other supplier. Even some of her Bodacious Buys are strong. You're going to find strong oils at Peak, Candle Science, NG, and other suppliers, along with duds. JS does seem to have quite a few duds but she also has some really good oils. What are you interested in and I can send you a sample.

• Like 1

I have several from them that are really good and have gotten some that are not so good.  You just have to either order samples and try them.  The reason you are not seeing alot of reviews is because she just redid her website so the reviews from the old site are not on the new one. I think they have gotten alot better then what they used to be like.   Every company has their good and their bad ones.  I have alot from JS but am not at the shop today to look them up for you but will try to remember when I go in. :)

Edited by countrygal3115
  • Like 1

Like everyone said, they all have hits and misses.  You just have to test them out.  I would do a search here and look for the oils that people say work in the wax they use.  Just because some scents may be great for some, what wax are they using?  You need to check that out.  When ever you make a post here and ask a question, it is really very important you post what wax your using, what jar and what wick.  Put all this information up in each  post so we all can see and you will get many answers but at least you will narrow down your question with helpful answers.  Wicking is a very important thing in determining what scents are going to be throwers also.  Lets face it, we all want a strong fragrance, so that is a known given.  You can  always back down on the percentage of the oil going into a candle, but finding an oil that throws is the million dollar question.  And once you find compatable oils to your wax, it sure would be great to post your findings to help others.....

Trappeur

• Like 1