New Western Label for New Store

Trappeur

I have a new store (western) that I have a presentation to do next week and have designed these labels for them I could use some critiquing on.  I have to get samples of these labels ordered today so I can get them in time and on the jars.  They will be either the status or canning jar with black lid and also 8 oz tins.

This is their logo.  What design does everyone like?  I like the red boot and hat and also the yellow star so it's a toss up for me........

Either the:

1. Red hat and boot

2. Yellow Star 

3. Red Star

4.Horse Shoes

Also more shops are asking for their location (town) with telephone number.  Does this label looked cramped or what?

I minimized the logo on the one with the horse shoes which looks a little better. 

I know they are going to need a pine fragrance, most likely the Balsam Fir but don't like what I renamed it to (Georgia Pines). I was trying to do a western name, lol...but not having good luck...maybe Ponderosa Pine?  Or just leave it Balsam Fir?  Anyone have suggestions?

Thankyou all critics!

Trappeur

#1:  Red hat and boot

Sacetts%201%20Red%20Hat%20and%20Boot.jpg

#2:  Yellow Star

Sacketts%202%20yellow%20star.jpg

#3:  Red Star

Sacketts%20red%20star.jpg

#4:  Horse shoes

Sacketts%204%20Horse%20shoe.jpg

This is what the round label for tin will look like

Sacketts%20round%20label%20for%20tin.jpg

Edited by Trappeur

Oh I can't even choose, I love them all.  Are you looking to narrow it down so the client can choose or do you just pick one to present to them?

I like the George Pines name or maybe go with Jasper Pines.  I think there is enough western in the label to cover the theme where you don't need every name to be western.

Edited by kandlekrazy

Well, to get my presentation ready for next wednesday I ordered a sample page of the square one in the red boot and hat and a round label with yellow star.

I go to my presentation.  They don't know what I am bringing for the presentation.  I use my judgement and just hope they like which they usually do.

Thanks everyone for your input.

Trappeur

7 hours ago, moonshine said:

I like the horseshoes 

they have a small horseshoe mold for an embed around the wick you could do also

I have a western line and just started doing this with the embed 

Oh, oh, oh!  I love that idea!!! I want to do that!  Thankyou for thinking of me Moonshine!  Do you care to divulge where I can get that embed....I know it would work without me even seeing it!!!  And "Pine Tar" for the pine...I love it!  Ok, got that one down....lol  I'm using that.

Oh, remember me telling you about Timmy who is 32 years old and I was having such a problem with such weight loss due to no teeth in the back as he was so emaciated looking and no matter how much I fed him Purina Equine Senior, he just was not putting on any weight?......Well when the vet came out he told me just to keep doing what I have been doing and just give him the senior as it had all the necessary ingrediants in it for horses... A good year and nothing but Timmy just wasting away....just horrible knowing my baby was just biding his time.  Well, I came up with my own formula and changed Purina Equine Senior to Impact Senior and also give him beet pulp, rice bran and lots of alfalfa cubes and 2 tablespoons of corn oil....well, you wouldn't believe how good he looks and is doing absolutely 'fabulous"...I mean so super good looking he is...actually he is starting to look pudggy! lol.......8 pounds of feeding this all as a mash 3 times a day... That's a hell of a lot of grain with added ingrediants.  The regular horse bucket when this turns into a mash is 1/2 to 3/4 full with this mash.  This horse should have died he was that horrible looking and wasting away every day.  Every time I would go to feed him, I expected to find him laying dead in his pasture...but he is such a little trooper and fighter.  I' ve never given myself a pat on the back for anything but I am on this!  I'll be using your blankets you sent me real soon....love em and thanks again Moonshine!

Trappeur

• Like 1

You are welcome Trapp! 

I am so glad to hear Timmy is doing good, I'm glad you found the right combo for him, I remember doing that for a rescue for years with the hot water and mash.....it's a lot of work and a lot of food when all is said and done but so worth seeing them bounce back and healthy 

I went with this one from Amazon because I only wanted to use 1 and it fits around the wick- I use plastic dropper to fill the mold so there isn't a overpour making a mess and one dropper fills the mold perfectly and they pop right out after a couple minutes in the freezer- I just used container wax rather than mixing up a pillar blend 

here is a picture of a tester jar with it on there- I don't fill my testers all the way anymore seeing as I have the wicking down but always burn 1 from every batch just to be sure 

IMG_6131.PNG

IMG_6132.JPG

Edited by moonshine
  • Like 1

I think your client will love it!!

the name is fitting to the equestrian world also- you don't have to use horse/western names but I did because it was fun and all my horsey customers love it 

if you need ideas for other names in scents offered let me know.....I have like 20 of them! Lol

1 hour ago, moonshine said:

I think your client will love it!!

the name is fitting to the equestrian world also- you don't have to use horse/western names but I did because it was fun and all my horsey customers love it 

if you need ideas for other names in scents offered let me know.....I have like 20 of them! Lol

I love it....I just ordered one and also I saw they also had a western boot embed and ordered 1 too.  I had points built up in Amazon so I got these 2 things for free and being I have Amazon prime the shipping was free and I get them this Friday!  Great...so I can have candles made for my presentation for the new store....Oh and yes, I definitely do want to know of some of your great names...that would be awesome Moonshine.  Thanks so much!

Trappeur

• Like 1