Frasier Fir Reviews

Trappeur

21 minutes ago, moonshine said:

From elements I use 

-Rocky Mountain Christmas- smokey wooded pine 

-sensuous black rose (exact of Moonworks gypsy rose)

-juniper and aloe

-downpour 

-exotic Amazon teakwood

-sea island grapefruit 

-sweetgrass

many more I want to try but I have to get through my other 100 samples first - lol

great oils and have worked wonderfully strong for me in 415

The other pine they have flickers Rocky something I did not care for nearly as much as the Rocky Mountain Christmas 

By chance have you tried the Balsam + Citrus. Someone on here said its wonderful + strong  - Now Im looking - Geez lol ! 

BTW ... VBN is on sale @ WSP $31.33 1# (Fragrance of the month) 

Edited by Moonstar
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Moonstar said:

By chance have you tried the Balsam + Citrus. Someone on here said its wonderful + strong  - Now Im looking - Geez lol ! 

BTW ... VBN is on sale @ WSP $31.33 1# (Fragrance of the month) 

No I haven't but now I am intrigued....?

• Like 1

That is great info to know Trappeur! You definitely have a nose for pines and I just love to read your descriptions and thoughts on scents!  I have done several pours of the WSP Frasier Fir now and it is such a joy to pour! The scent is just so wonderful! It is good to know that CS is extremely similar! Thanks for the descriptions. :)

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, puma52 said:

That is great info to know Trappeur! You definitely have a nose for pines and I just love to read your descriptions and thoughts on scents!  I have done several pours of the WSP Frasier Fir now and it is such a joy to pour! The scent is just so wonderful! It is good to know that CS is extremely similar! Thanks for the descriptions. :)

Hi Puma!

You are very welcome!

Trappeur

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I can't say with certainty but I recall someone on here saying that they did not care for FB 's Frasier Fir . CS is really good + so is WSP 

A better price is CS for sure as its super close to WSP's . Hopefully someone else will chime in who's actually tried the one from FB.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Moonstar said:

I can't say with certainty but I recall someone on here saying that they did not care for FB 's Frasier Fir . CS is really good + so is WSP 

A better price is CS for sure as its super close to WSP's . Hopefully someone else will chime in who's actually tried the one from FB.

I have not tested WSP's FF, however, CS FF is so darn good IMO that I need to look no further  :)  

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Terry said:

I have not tested WSP's FF, however, CS FF is so darn good IMO that I need to look no further  :)  

Terry what wax + wick have you tested the CS version in ? I agree - its so good :) Im going to be testing in 464 with Cd wicks .

On 10/2/2016 at 2:23 PM, Trappeur said:

I also meant to say, not giving myself a pat on the back or anything, but I consider myself to have a pretty good judgement on pines, because I love love them and I think I've tested just about every pine out there and really do know what all sorts of pines smell like and what I'm looking for.  I've got just a handful that I use all the time and they are all different from one another.  Each one is beautiful in their own way.

Trappeur

I too like the CS Fraser Fir, it's a very clear Fir smell, and brings a brightness that is frequently lacking in pine scents. 

So speaking of pine scents, I am really looking for a pine scent that smells like old heartwood pine, like aged lighter fat... Any tips on where I could find something like that Trappeur? 

On 10/3/2016 at 5:37 PM, bfroberts said:

I am replacing TCS's Under the Tree with Mistletoe from CS.  Not exactly the same, but quite similar.  I am guessing the exact match to Under the Tree is probably out there under the name "Mistletoe" something or other.

Along those same lines as CS Mistletoe is Holly Berry, I can't remember which is which right now, but I think that the Mistletoe has more of a pine scent to it and the Holly Berry has much of the same but with a softer almost honey like warmth to it. Anyway one is more sharp and slightly "greener" than the other, and the softer one is a very warm and almost, I really don't know what the term would be other than honey like or just warm and inviting...   

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Daisymay66 said:

I ordered 2 bottles of FF from CS. I am praying it gets way better once in wax! Am I the only one that thinks it smells like BIG TIME stinky arm pits? Oh my gosh, I bout gagged pouring it :( 

Oh... my... Um, It doesn't smell like that to me but then again, I like the smell of durian fruit, ( yum! Vidalia onions...) Sandalwood makes me involuntarily retch. Smell and taste are rather personal things.

27 minutes ago, YAMS said:

I failed with Frasier Fir and Blue Spruce which MAKES NO SENSE to me because out of the bottle I expected them to be super hot throwers. Maybe I need to try them again because the smell is fabulous.  

I thought it was just me.  I did not have success with the Frasier Fir either.  I've tried Premier wicks 185 and 190.  I always test with the same jar, same wax, same % of oil, same wick.  If that doesn't give me the throw I want, I give up on that fragrance.  However, so many ppl have success with this oil, I may try one more wick.

Goldie

Guest OldGlory

This is where each person's sense of smell comes in to play. We're all different. Some people love Apple Jack, some people hate Apple Jack. It's the same fragrance (the one I use) so why do some love it and some hate it?

It's because my sense of smell is different than yours. Likewise, your customer's sense of smell is different than yours.

You just can't expect to like an FO based on the recommendation of anyone else.

Goldie, I think you meant to say you tried Premiers 785 and 790, not 185 and 190. Don't want someone trying to find a Premier 185 and not being able to. (Just a typo I'm sure - I do it all the time!)

46 minutes ago, GoldieMN said:

I thought it was just me.  I did not have success with the Frasier Fir either.  I've tried Premier wicks 185 and 190.  I always test with the same jar, same wax, same % of oil, same wick.  If that doesn't give me the throw I want, I give up on that fragrance.  However, so many ppl have success with this oil, I may try one more wick.

Goldie

Hi Goldie,

Can you tell again what jar and wick and percentage you used for the Frasier?  Do you have it in 464 wax?   Because I think, didn't you say you were using the 16oz canning jar?

Trappeur

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, OldGlory said:

This is where each person's sense of smell comes in to play. We're all different. Some people love Apple Jack, some people hate Apple Jack. It's the same fragrance (the one I use) so why do some love it and some hate it?

It's because my sense of smell is different than yours. Likewise, your customer's sense of smell is different than yours.

You just can't expect to like an FO based on the recommendation of anyone else.

Goldie, I think you meant to say you tried Premiers 785 and 790, not 185 and 190. Don't want someone trying to find a Premier 185 and not being able to. (Just a typo I'm sure - I do it all the time!)

Yikes I knew it didn't look right!  Don't suppose we can delete a message once posted?  Thanks for catching that.

Goldie

2 minutes ago, Trappeur said:

Hi Goldie,

Can you tell again what jar and wick and percentage you used for the Frasier?  Do you have it in 464 wax?   Because I think, didn't you say you were using the 16oz canning jar?

Trappeur

Yes pint canning jar, Premier wicks--785 then 790, 7% oil in 464. 

Goldie

53 minutes ago, GoldieMN said:

Goldie

Sorry, Premier wicks 785 and 790 not 185 & 190.  I'm getting old. :(

Goldie