Replacement for Tennessee Pumpkin pecan Waffles ,Salty Caramel & Tangerine Dreams

katmeltswax

Hello & I want to introduce myself to everyone. I make wax tarts ,chunks, cakes & unique wickless items. I am trying to find out if anyone can help me replace Tennessee Pumpkin pecan Waffle BBW ,Salty Caramel BBW type & Tangerine Dreams .This company has closed & my heart goes out to the owner. I have had a lot of family loss & it certainly is a emotional struggle . I do not want to get off subject ,just trying to find out if anyone has had any luck with these amazing fragrance oils. I used all 3 & these were so wonderful. I appreciate any help with trying to find replacements for them. I have tried TCS Salted Popcorn ,just not my beloved PPW or Salty caramel .I know both were BBW types & I have been looking for replacements with no luck . I hope to find these soon ,I love the wonderful performance of these 3 oils.Thank you kindly for any information you can give me on these replacements. The price of ship is way to high to buy from every supplier to try them all. Hope for someone to help assist me with this problem :)

I've used PPW from Fragrance Buddy and to my nose it smells the same as Tennessee's. I don't know of a replacement for Tangerine Dreams though. I have tried that one of theirs and I honestly like the one from NG by the same name better. To me the one from Tennessee was a little sharp if that makes sense. 

I'm also looking for a replacement for Salted Caramel Corn from Tennessee. So far, salted caramel popcorn from RE and Caramel Popcorn from Southern Scentsations is pretty close. I may have to mix my own to get what I want but I loved theirs!

Also, Candle Wic's new scent, pumpkin pancakes is PPW's to my nose but just a different name.  Indiana carries it and so does Cierra Candles. I wouldn't hesitate to order from either of those. I've also smelled Flaming's and again to my nose it smells the same as Tennessee's but my smeller might be off!

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Belinda said:

I've used PPW from Fragrance Buddy and to my nose it smells the same as Tennessee's. I don't know of a replacement for Tangerine Dreams though. I have tried that one of theirs and I honestly like the one from NG by the same name better. To me the one from Tennessee was a little sharp if that makes sense. 

I'm also looking for a replacement for Salted Caramel Corn from Tennessee. So far, salted caramel popcorn from RE and Caramel Popcorn from Southern Scentsations is pretty close. I may have to mix my own to get what I want but I loved theirs!

Also, Candle Wic's new scent, pumpkin pancakes is PPW's to my nose but just a different name.  Indiana carries it and so does Cierra Candles. I wouldn't hesitate to order from either of those. I've also smelled Flaming's and again to my nose it smells the same as Tennessee's but my smeller might be off!

Belinda ... I thought it was only me that thought it was a little sharp lol ! As a matter of fact i burned a wax melt this morning in my Scentsy burner + if anything 

it became even sharper than when I made them about 8 weeks ago. Im not really a fan of that one. Try Indianna Candle for the Carmel Corn - not sure if she

has one but I know she has some type of a nut cluster + its always on her best seller list. She also has a PPW but Ive never tried it . 

• Like 1

Thank you Jcandleattic for putting this in the correct section. I am new to the board & absolutely love being able to communicate with you all :). I put in a order for PPW at Flaming candle & waiting to compare ,keeping my fingers crossed for this one. I also found another PPW from Northstar ,never purchased from this company ,but getting desperate for a replacement . Do any of you have any input on Northstar fragrance oils? Thank you Belinda for the Natures Garden tip on the Tangerine Dreams . I will be placing a order from them as well. I did see NG has Sugar Babies dupe & may try this one for my Salty Caramel . I also browsed Candlescience & they have a salted caramel popcorn , just not sure if  it would come close to the Salty Caramel TCS carried. I am going to miss TCS & hope someone will purchase her business & continue to sale those beloved fragrance oils. To stay on subject ,was wandering if anyone has found a great Pumpkin Marshmallow BBW type .I tried Aztec & no go ,very light throw in my paraffin wax. I will say I love their toasted marshmallow ,so may can blend my own .I may try a mix of  Vanilla pumpkin pie & Toasted Marshmallow 1/2& 1/2 & see what happens. I am open for suggestions . I appreciate any thoughts on Northstar oils as well .They have free ship on 1 oz sampler packs .

16 minutes ago, katmeltswax said:

Thank you Jcandleattic for putting this in the correct section. I am new to the board & absolutely love being able to communicate with you all :). I put in a order for PPW at Flaming candle & waiting to compare ,keeping my fingers crossed for this one. I also found another PPW from Northstar ,never purchased from this company ,but getting desperate for a replacement . Do any of you have any input on Northstar fragrance oils? Thank you Belinda for the Natures Garden tip on the Tangerine Dreams . I will be placing a order from them as well. I did see NG has Sugar Babies dupe & may try this one for my Salty Caramel . I also browsed Candlescience & they have a salted caramel popcorn , just not sure if  it would come close to the Salty Caramel TCS carried. I am going to miss TCS & hope someone will purchase her business & continue to sale those beloved fragrance oils. To stay on subject ,was wandering if anyone has found a great Pumpkin Marshmallow BBW type .I tried Aztec & no go ,very light throw in my paraffin wax. I will say I love their toasted marshmallow ,so may can blend my own .I may try a mix of  Vanilla pumpkin pie & Toasted Marshmallow 1/2& 1/2 & see what happens. I am open for suggestions . I appreciate any thoughts on Northstar oils as well .They have free ship on 1 oz sampler packs .

I don't think I've ever tried North Star so I can't help you there but I do love Vanilla Pumpkin Marshmallow from FB.

I tried Vanilla Pumpkin marshmallow from JS and it smelled really faint to me. I'm glad I only got a sample of that one. It wasn't good at all. 

I noticed that Cierra Candles has a pumpkin Marshmallow and I was planning to get a sample of that to see if it's any different than VPM from FB.

What is the Sugar Babies dupe from NG called? I think I would love to try that one!

Ive never tried Aztec 's toasted marshmallow only RE's + Im not not getting any of the "toasted" in that one. Just very sweet vanilla . Do you get the 

toasted bit in the Aztec FO? I really like the food type scents that Indianna Candle has + I really like the quality as well. Id give them a shot !

• Like 1

The Aztec oil does have that sweet note to it ,but I can detect the toasted note. I plan to add a splash of Candlesource Campfire to it & see if this will give it a bolder toasted smell. I have found some customers like the stronger toasted notes & some prefer lighter . I plan to carry both. I make wax melts & chuncks. Thank you for the Indianna Candle referral. I will definitely check this company out. I have always wanted to try their oils. I am needing the PPW replacement that TCS carried. I will also be placing a order with North star ,free ship with sampler pack of 10 . They have PPW BBW dupe so crossing my fingers on this one.

Belinda, the NG sugar babies is called SEA SALTED CARAMELS. It is a sugar babies candy dupe. I thought it may be close enough to the TCS Salty caramel. I am going to place the order for it & the Tangerine Dreams you suggested. LOL seems these fragrance oils never end .I have way to many & still buying .I wish I had enough time to get all the oils I have purchased into the wax . I cannot remember if the reviews were good on the NG sugar babies ,but I am going to try it regardless. I may have to add some more caramel to it idk. I am willing to give this one a  try to replace the TCS salty caramels ,it was a BBW dupe. I hope this one works out :) 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, katmeltswax said:

Belinda, the NG sugar babies is called SEA SALTED CARAMELS. It is a sugar babies candy dupe. I thought it may be close enough to the TCS Salty caramel. I am going to place the order for it & the Tangerine Dreams you suggested. LOL seems these fragrance oils never end .I have way to many & still buying .I wish I had enough time to get all the oils I have purchased into the wax . I cannot remember if the reviews were good on the NG sugar babies ,but I am going to try it regardless. I may have to add some more caramel to it idk. I am willing to give this one a  try to replace the TCS salty caramels ,it was a BBW dupe. I hope this one works out :) 

Thank you! I think that's one of the few of NG's that I haven't ordered yet LOL!

I sure hope FB's VPM works for you. I really like it!

Are you looking for a replacement for Salted Caramel or Salted Caramel Corn? Candle Wic has a good Salted caramel and so does FB.

Belinda, I am looking for Salty Caramel BBW type .It is not the Yankee dupe ,it's the BBW one. TCS carried this amazing oil & now I cannot find one that even comes close. I will definitely keep looking . I am thinking the sugar baby from NG may be a good replacement. I am sure going to place a order & check it out. It is called NG Sea salted Caramel ,sounds wonderful. I will also try FB's VPM. Thank you for sharing :)

• Like 1

Moonshine , thank you kindly, I have not tried FB's , but will place a sample in my next order. TCS was the BBW type & was more creamy than salty unlike the Yankee type. I am going to miss TCS fragrance oils & hope to see someone buy the business & keep it going . They had some amazing fragrance oils. I love a lot of FB oils as well. The problem is I love so many from different suppliers & the shipping gets expensive. I also want to try NG sugar babies candy ,it is listed as NG Sea salted caramels. I appreciate your recommendation & will be placing my FB order tomorrow. I also want to try NORTH STAR . I noticed they have free ship on a sampler pack. If I remember correctly , it is $20 for 8 or 10 samples . I am hoping someone can give me some reviews on this company .The scents they carry sound very interesting & would love to have any information on this company. Thank you bunches & I look forward to sharing my results :)

I will definitely try this one ,also another recent new Aztec oil is Autumn Delight , missed the intro price on this one but will be adding it to my cart as well. I read the scent notes & cannot pass this on by . I wanted to let you all know about the new ones. Thanks for all the recommendations & I will be placing orders from INDIANNA, FB, NG, & AZTEC of course. I have to try the BBW Cinnamon sugar doughnuts. I thought bakery fans need to hear about this one. I am hoping I find my new PPW & Salty Caramel BBW type. I appreciate the recommendations from you all .I feel blessed to be on board here :):):)

So far the ones I have purchased have been around a couple of years .I buy a lot of the BBW type scents & luckily they have stayed in stock. I love the introduction prices & always try to grab a pound ,if it is something I think I will use. I love the 5 for 5 deals they have monthly .I have way to many oils in stock myself. I always think I am going to find the time to get them in the wax LOL . I did purchase a pound of the Cinnamon sugar doughnut BBW type today along with a newly added scent called Autumn Delight. It sounded so good ,so hope it will be a keeper. I also like getting a free sample for every 8oz or larger bottle purchase. I am looking forward to my samples from Flaming ,FB, & North star on the Pumpkin pecan waffle bbw type. I hope I can finally find a replacement for the TCS. I want to try Indianna also , I have heard a lot of good reviews on this company.

On September 21, 2016 at 0:40 PM, katmeltswax said:

News flash for you all . Aztec has a new fragrance oil.

BBW TYPE

CINNAMON SUGAR DOUGHTNUTS. Introduction special price $9 a pound.

Did you order the Cinnamon Sugar Donuts - what do you think ? Im wondering if the donut scents are basically a cake FO with cinnamon ?

$9 is a great price though :/ 

Moonstar, I did order 1 lb & waiting for it to arrive. It should be here by tomorrow. I am excited about this one ,it is the BBW type. I will let you know as soon as I get it in the wax. I can send you some to try to try if  you'd like. I also ordered  Autumn Spice ,the scent notes sounded so good .I am hoping to have 2 new great fall scents. I received my PPW from Flaming today. The scent does smell strong & seems to be the same as TCS .I am planning to get this one in the wax asap. I am keeping my fingers crossed this one works out. It does smell nice & strong :). Let me know if you want a sample of the BBW Cinnamon doughtnut . I do not mind sharing :)

• 2 weeks later...

Aztec now has another new scent BBW Cinnamon caramel Swirl .I am thinking about this one since the Cinnamon Sugar donut was a no go for me so far. The oil leaked after I made wax melts in CW 129 ,only used 1.2 oz per pound. I have only had this happen once before with a WSP oil. I may try the donut again in the 4630/4625 wax blend ,such a disappointment. Aztec is discontinuing 11 more fragrance oils as well. I thought you all may find a scent you like at a bargain price. I use their Lollipop swirl & hate to see it go. I use this one year round & in the fall winter season I call it Ribbon Candy ,sells out at the craft show everytime. It is a nice & strong in CW 129  ,I will miss this one. Jcandleattic your correct about Aztec discontinuing scents. I ordered a newly added scent a couple of months ago 'Guava' love love & now it is on the cut list . I am hoping the BBW Cinnamon donut is going to work in a different wax blend ,or I will be stuck with a lb of this stuff .I think it may be defective or something .I have never had this issue with Aztec oils before . I just wanted to let everyone know about the discontinued oils ,great prices & some of these are wonderful scents .I recommend the Lollipop swirl & Guava.

Has anyone tried the Pumpkin Pecan Waffle from Maple Street Candles? A fellow soaper/wax friend of mine uses their oils with good results, but I don't recall her having this one. There is also a Salted Caramel on their site.

Edited by Faerywren

• 2 months later...