Frasier Fir by Candle Science

Trappeur

Over the years I have used many oils from WSP.  They have always been worth the extra $$ in my opinion.  I know their patchouli used to be very good, since Moonworks quit several were trying to find a good one.  I haven't used theirs in years, still have some of Moonworks and when I run out will be getting it from WSP. 

Edited by grama
  • Like 4

On August 27, 2016 at 9:04 AM, Trappeur said:

Yep Old Glory.  You sent me a sample a while back when you just got it in but you hadn't tried it yet and then I went and ordered some from Flaming.  I wasn't that impressed with it.  (That's just my opinion).  I'm sitting here right now smelling both of them and CS is much stronger and "much truer" to Thymes.  It's wonderful!   I can send you a melt or something so you don't have to pay that shipping from CS if you want?  Your going to love it!  I knew you were looking for it a while back.

Trappeur

So you think I should order from CS for the stronger Thymes smelling one? 

On 8/27/2016 at 1:05 PM, Beaches said:

Frasier Fir is the only candle my husband ever picks up in a store and asks me to make.  So I have tried a few versions of it.  To my nose, WSP has a dead on match.  Fragrance Buddy is completely different and smells nothing like the original by Thymes.  I just got a couple sample bottles from Candle Science when I noticed they have a few new scents on their site.  The CS smells close, but not as close as the WSP.  I have not used it yet, but will most likely just mix it with WSP when I do.

Hi Beaches....

Hmmm....you have got me to thinking....have you ever gotten Christmas Tree from Fillmore? Is the Frasier Fir from WSP better? Would love to hear from anyone regarding this.....Is IT POSSIBLE to buy a better Christmas Tree scent than Fillmore's....I'm excited....opinionated opinions appreciated. I have the WSP Frasier Fir sitting in my cart.  :)

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, puma52 said:

Hi Beaches....

Hmmm....you have got me to thinking....have you ever gotten Christmas Tree from Fillmore? Is the Frasier Fir from WSP better? Would love to hear from anyone regarding this.....Is IT POSSIBLE to buy a better Christmas Tree scent than Fillmore's....I'm excited....opinionated opinions appreciated. I have the WSP Frasier Fir sitting in my cart.  :)

Hi Puma,

Fillmores Christmas tree who I have been using for 10 plus years is a "true" balsam fir.  It's beautiful and so many use it.

Now Frasier Fir is another completely different pine unlike Fillmore's balsam called Christmas Tree.

The company "Thymes" has the most popular fragrant scent of another different type of pine which is the Frasier Fir.

So many including myself have been looking and hoping for a dupe of Thymes's Frasier Fir.  Candle Science just came out with a new scent called Frasier Fir and I think it is a beautiful dupe.  I have it in wax and will be ready to test momentarily which I'll put up my review.  I've been seeing so many here on the board say that WSP has the exact dupe of Frasier Fir.  I've never tried it from them, but I'm thinking about it since it is getting rave reviews.

Trappeur

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, Trappeur said:

Hi Puma,

Fillmores Christmas tree who I have been using for 10 plus years is a "true" balsam fir.  It's beautiful and so many use it.

Now Frasier Fir is another completely different pine unlike Fillmore's balsam called Christmas Tree.

The company "Thymes" has the most popular fragrant scent of another different type of pine which is the Frasier Fir.

So many including myself have been looking and hoping for a dupe of Thymes's Frasier Fir.  Candle Science just came out with a new scent called Frasier Fir and I think it is a beautiful dupe.  I have it in wax and will be ready to test momentarily which I'll put up my review.  I've been seeing so many here on the board say that WSP has the exact dupe of Frasier Fir.  I've never tried it from them, but I'm thinking about it since it is getting rave reviews.

Trappeur

Hmmmmm....so I actually need to keep using my Christmas Tree from Fillmore and the Frasier Fir is another type of animal and scent?  Another must have? :)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, puma52 said:

Hmmmmm....so I actually need to keep using my Christmas Tree from Fillmore and the Frasier Fir is another type of animal and scent?  Another must have? :)

And the Blue Spruce (CS )  is different from both of those too if you haven't tried it. All 3 are awesome Puma - IMO . CS also has a new Snickerdoodle which I

also ordered... smells yummy :) The other few new ones they had Im not really a fan of those type of scents so I passed for now . 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Moonstar said:

And the Blue Spruce (CS )  is different from both of those too if you haven't tried it. All 3 are awesome Puma - IMO . CS also has a new Snickerdoodle which I

also ordered... smells yummy :) The other few new ones they had Im not really a fan of those type of scents so I passed for now . 

i have used the Blue Spruce and it is beautiful scent. I need to order a couple of scents from CS...LOVE their Cinnamon Stick and others....might need to sneak a Snickerdoodle in. Thanks guys for the answers....appreciate you always! :)

Edited by puma52
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Trappeur said:
8 hours ago, Trappeur said:

Exactly!

Trappeur

7 hours ago, Moonstar said:

Well.....I ordered it and am excited! Lots of great reviews on the WSP Frasier Fir. Can't wait to do at least the oob review when I first get it. :) Thanks for your help guys! :)

• Like 1

14 hours ago, puma52 said:

Hi Beaches....

I've never tried Fillmore.  I think Christmas Tree would probably be a different scent than Frasier Fir though.

• Like 1

Noob here so plz be gentle. 

Super interested in in this scent bc I'm looking for a very true Pine scent. I've only tried CS oils so far....Blue Spruce and Pine Cones. I blended them @ 10% (max) oil in 464 soy @ 185 degrees and poured @ 135. The Blue Spruce smells great but isn't really giving me much hot throw (or cold throw). The Pine Cones has a great cold throw but I haven't burned it yet bc it's not the true pine tree smell I was looking for. I just want the room to smell like a Christmas tree. 

Idk how the fraiser fir will work for me although many of you seem to have high hopes for it, but it arrives tomorrow and I'll be blending Saturday so we shall see! 

If anyone has any other pure, strong pine tree smelling oils they could recommend id be very interested. Or if you have recommendations on how I've previously blended something incorrectly...all info welcome. 

Here is to Fraiser Fir working for all of us!

Edited by MissGamble
  • Like 2

I haven't tried CS Fraser yet but the best hands down so far IMO of Christmas tree is Fillmore's Christmas tree 

another amazing Christmas pine mixed with berries and something wonderful is CS mistletoe....huge year round seller for me 

Just a suggestion with the 464- try cutting back your FO a touch, maybe try 1.5 ounces per pound of wax and 1.25 and 1 ounce and see where the hot throw takes you, it may make a difference 

Edited by moonshine
  • Like 1

Guest OldGlory

Another vote for Fillmore's Christmas Tree.

And if you are going to buy samples, the Citrus & Spruce ( or Spruce & Citrus ) is amazing as well as the Nutmeg & Ginger.

There are probably some threads in the Fragrance Discussion category. If you type 'Fillmore' in the search box you will see plenty of suggestions for other fragrances worth buying from them.

I got a sample of CS Fraser and have already tested it, it smells nice. it had a good throw in GB 444 for me after 3 days of curing time (so shorter than i normally cure my candles). it is just a straight up evergreen scent, i'm not quite as good as distinguishing the different evergreen scents as some other people on here but i thought that it was pleasant and smelled like there could be a tree in the room with me. 

I got my WSP Frasier Fir today and let me tell you...I unscrewed the lid with great excitement ...held my breath..lifted the lid and sniffed ......IMMEDIATELY I was taken back to my childhood to when my Dad was bringing the Christmas tree into the house....THAT scent...I will never forget......all I can say is WOW, WONDERFUL, AWESOME and I'M GONNA SELL A LOT OF THIS! :)

• Like 3

1 hour ago, puma52 said:

I got my WSP Frasier Fir today and let me tell you...I unscrewed the lid with great excitement ...held my breath..lifted the lid and sniffed ......IMMEDIATELY I was taken back to my childhood to when my Dad was bringing the Christmas tree into the house....THAT scent...I will never forget......all I can say is WOW, WONDERFUL, AWESOME and I'M GONNA SELL A LOT OF THIS! :)

Puma how does it compare to CS frasier fir - that is of course if you have that one. Im waiting for WSP Frosted Cranberry to be back in stock

which should be by tomorrow before checking out. I have their Frasier Fir - VBN - Lemon Drop Cookies - Crackling Firewood ( thanks Trapper)

Gingerbread - Vanilla Buttercream - Vanilla Hazelnut - Peppermint Cream _ Warm Vanilla Sugar + Spiced Cranberry 

Will you use it in your famous wax chunks or candles ? 

Edited by Moonstar

Puma and Moonstar- Ok I need to know as well if WSP Is better than CS

I order from places a lot and never tried Fraser fir

also is there enough difference between either from Fillmore Christmas Tree?

I have to place an order with WSP in the next couple of days.....frosted cranberry I never tried this either....how would you describe this 

• Like 2

Moonshine I too am anxiously waiting to hear from Puma about the Frasier Fir. Also Ive never tried any Fo's from WSP but the Frosted Cranberry was 

out of stock + should be available today maybe or by tomorrow. I also decided to put the Spiced Cranberry in my cart lol ! oh geez :/ Im debating on

the Warm Vanilla Sugar, Im wondering if it'll be kinda weak for in wax ? You + another poster got me going on WSP VBN + the other posting was 

raving about the Frasier Fir - Said it better + closer to Thymes Frasier Fir so I have a 4 oz bottle in my cart to try out. What are you getting ??? he he !!

Moonshine I forgot to add CS Frasier Fir is really nice + smells completely different from Fillmores Christmas Tree - Both are Awesome !

I have Tennessee's VBN but after reading your rave reviews about WSP version I now have to try it :) 

Edited by Moonstar
forgot to add something
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, puma52 said:

Well, it's 9:00 in the evening now and am lighting the frasier fir by CS. I made on Aug. 29.  So it's 15 days its cured.  It's in one of my huge 8" diameter crystal jars with 3 wicks.  I used 464 wax.  I have high hopes for this scent!  I should know very shortly in a couple of hours or sooner.  The cold throw is amazing!  Please please let this be a good thrower for me.......I have had a couple of duds this past week so I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Trappeur

• Like 3