Frasier Fir by Candle Science

Trappeur

53 minutes ago, Moonstar said:

Moonshine I too am anxiously waiting to hear from Puma about the Frasier Fir. Also Ive never tried any Fo's from WSP but the Frosted Cranberry was 

out of stock + should be available today maybe or by tomorrow. I also decided to put the Spiced Cranberry in my cart lol ! oh geez :/ Im debating on

the Warm Vanilla Sugar, Im wondering if it'll be kinda weak for in wax ? You + another poster got me going on WSP VBN + the other posting was 

raving about the Frasier Fir - Said it better + closer to Thymes Frasier Fir so I have a 4 oz bottle in my cart to try out. What are you getting ??? he he !!

Your too funny Moonstar!

Trappeur

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Moonstar said:

Moonshine I too am anxiously waiting to hear from Puma about the Frasier Fir. Also Ive never tried any Fo's from WSP but the Frosted Cranberry was 

out of stock + should be available today maybe or by tomorrow. I also decided to put the Spiced Cranberry in my cart lol ! oh geez :/ Im debating on

the Warm Vanilla Sugar, Im wondering if it'll be kinda weak for in wax ? You + another poster got me going on WSP VBN + the other posting was 

raving about the Frasier Fir - Said it better + closer to Thymes Frasier Fir so I have a 4 oz bottle in my cart to try out. What are you getting ??? he he !!

Warm vanilla sugar was weak for me in soy plus the notes were so similar to VBN I didn't want 2 close to the same 

it could work different in your blend though 

VBN is the best I ever tried - love it!

I will be ordering the Fraser fir now since it's not similar to Fillmore's Christmas tree - the frosted cranberry I will be trying - I have more cranberry requests lately and I only carry spiced from NG because I tested it many years ago

I will be ordering my usual Fall/Winter scents 

VBN

witches Brew

vanilla oak

autumn lodge

fresh bamboo

angel

new ones I will be trying are 

Fraser fir

frosted cranberry 

Fabulosa lavender 

cider lane

mahogany teakwood

rainforest

alpine frost 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Moonstar said:

Puma how does it compare to CS frasier fir - that is of course if you have that one. Im waiting for WSP Frosted Cranberry to be back in stock

which should be by tomorrow before checking out. I have their Frasier Fir - VBN - Lemon Drop Cookies - Crackling Firewood ( thanks Trapper)

Gingerbread - Vanilla Buttercream - Vanilla Hazelnut - Peppermint Cream _ Warm Vanilla Sugar + Spiced Cranberry 

Will you use it in your famous wax chunks or candles ? 

Hey Moonstar, I have never tried the CS Fraser Fir....I probably won't at this point. I went with the opinion of Beaches (THANKS BEACHES!)  and the others who posted their opinion of WSP Fraser Fir and just went with it and ordered a 16 oz bottle.... I'm not sorry I did. It is so clean, so fresh, absolutely NO type of cleaner smell in this.....just perfect. I don't think I will even do a blend with this scent..it is that good! But I was tweaking the idea of blending with just a titch of WSP Dirt and call it Appalachian Trail. Oh , this scent is glorious! I also have the Fillmore Christmas Tree...love it and IT IS a different scent (Thanks Trappeur and Beaches for the education) :) and I do a 5 scent blend with it of all evergreen type scents such as Mistletoe, Bayberry, Cedar, etc such as what a live wreath would have in it.  Thanks Trappeur for starting this thread...what awesome discoveries we can find with these that people start.  :)

• Like 2

11 hours ago, moonshine said:

Puma and Moonstar- Ok I need to know as well if WSP Is better than CS

I order from places a lot and never tried Fraser fir

also is there enough difference between either from Fillmore Christmas Tree?

I have to place an order with WSP in the next couple of days.....frosted cranberry I never tried this either....how would you describe this 

Place your order from WSP Moonshine...AWESOME Fraser Fir! :) I had never tried Fraser Fir either before.  The Fillmore Christmas Tree IS a different scent and you would want to carry that too...I am..that is for sure. :)

Edited by puma52
  • Like 2

25 minutes ago, puma52 said:

Hey Moonstar, I have never tried the CS Fraser Fir....I probably won't at this point. I went with the opinion of Beaches (THANKS BEACHES!)  and the others who posted their opinion of WSP Fraser Fir and just went with it and ordered a 16 oz bottle.... I'm not sorry I did. It is so clean, so fresh, absolutely NO type of cleaner smell in this.....just perfect. I don't think I will even do a blend with this scent..it is that good! But I was tweaking the idea of blending with just a titch of WSP Dirt and call it Appalachian Trail. Oh , this scent is glorious! I also have the Fillmore Christmas Tree...love it and IT IS a different scent (Thanks Trappeur and Beaches for the education) :) and I do a 5 scent blend with it of all evergreen type scents such as Mistletoe, Bayberry, Cedar, etc such as what a live wreath would have in it.  Thanks Trappeur for starting this thread...what awesome discoveries we can find with these that people start.  :)

Hey Puma .... Im on it lol ! thanks so very much for letting us know . Now off to place my order !! 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, puma52 said:

Place your order from WSP Moonshine...AWESOME Fraser Fir! :) I had never tried Fraser Fir either before.  The Fillmore Christmas Tree IS a different scent and you would want to carry that too...I am..that is for sure. :)

Ok Puma now you did it!  I can't stand listening to WSP Frasier Fir that everyone loves.  I've really never ordered from Wholesale supplies except for the crackling firewood but I'm doing it now!  Just what I need another supplier. *shudder* And the other thing I'm getting is their VBN and nothing else!  i think..... I don't want to hear what else is good from them too!....Well, maybe if you want to tell what else is good, I could just read about....ya know? lol

Trappeur

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, Trappeur said:

Ok Puma now you did it!  I can't stand listening to WSP Frasier Fir that everyone loves.  I've really never ordered from Wholesale supplies except for the crackling firewood but I'm doing it now!  Just what I need another supplier. *shudder* And the other thing I'm getting is their VBN and nothing else!  i think..... I don't want to hear what else is good from them too!....Well, maybe if you want to tell what else is good, I could just read about....ya know? lol

Trappeur

Lol....WSP is going to have order overload today- I'm logging in to order as well

autumn lodge is awesome, I'm just saying....if you don't have a grandpas pipe,woodsy, cozy cabin with a fire cracklin in the background type scent  ?

Witches brew which I call B Witched is a awesome Fall scent _ patchouli with spices and something incredible I can't figure out 

you will love their VBN....I use 415 so I have to believe your 464 it will throw just as good 

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, puma52 said:

Thanks Puma

I am on it as well- can't wait even though more scents is the last thing I need- I haven't splurged in months 

Edited by moonshine
  • Like 2

I just got my sample of CS Frasier Fir and thought let me go to the forum and see what everyone else is thinking.  Personally I thought it smelled awesome OOB.  I also have Fillmore Christmas Tree as well as CS's Mistletoe and agree Frasier is different.  I think I like it better than Christmas Tree....seems stronger but have to test in wax.  I don't really need another Evergreen scent so need to decide if it's great if it can replace something.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Moonstar said:

Hey Puma .... Im on it lol ! thanks so very much for letting us know . Now off to place my order !! 

:icon_highfive:

8 hours ago, Trappeur said:

Trappeur

Can't wait to hear what you all think! It was just exciting to hold the bottle in my hand even before twisting the lid off...but it is just wonderful...I think a lot of people will be so happy with this fragrance. I expect a lot of oohhhhhs and ahhhhhhs on this one. :)

• Like 1

:) If any of you make soap, WSP's Frasier Fir is terrific in soap @ .75 oz ppo...smells exactly like Thyme's soap...no A or D and no drama soaping.

And don't forget the room spray! Essentials by Catalina has professional cologne base that doubles as a body spray or air freshener.

Edited by heartsong
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, heartsong said:

:) If any of you make soap, WSP's Frasier Fir is terrific in soap @ .75 oz ppo...smells exactly like Thyme's soap...no A or D and no drama soaping.

And don't forget the room spray! Essentials by Catalina has professional cologne base that doubles as a body spray or air freshener.

Another awesome way to use this fragrance! Thanks Heartsong! :) These others guys that just ordered.....they are going to love this Frasier Fir aren't they? :)

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, puma52 said:

Another awesome way to use this fragrance! Thanks Heartsong! :) These others guys that just ordered.....they are going to love this Frasier Fir aren't they? :)

placed my order today + got some extra goodies too, including VBN + Frosted Cranberry ! YAY !!!! 

• Like 1

Oh my gosh!! I can't even believe I'm considering ordering WPS Frasier Fir! I was working in my shop today and was so disgusted with all the oils I have and now I wanna order from yet another new supplier :( as much as I love this site, boy I sure don't need anymore oils but I read your all's post and think oh I need that!! ;) 

• Like 2

On 9/13/2016 at 7:47 AM, puma52 said:

I never thought it would get so much action Puma.  Your welcome!

Trappeu

1 hour ago, bfroberts said:

I am really loving the Fraser Fir from CS.  I'd kinda like to try WSP's Fraser Fir, but I don't really like dealing with them.  Is it really that much better than the CS version?

Yep, that's what I'm wondering too.

All these dang ENABLERS!

Trappeur

• Like 2

1 hour ago, bfroberts said:

I am really loving the Fraser Fir from CS.  I'd kinda like to try WSP's Fraser Fir, but I don't really like dealing with them.  Is it really that much better than the CS version?

i DID put it in wax and yay!  It was a tremendous success after a 15 day cure!  Love it the throw and everything.  

Trappeur

Oh yes, in 464 I put....

• Like 3

Hey guys! Wanted to post my update as well. I finally burned my CS Frasier Fir today and it smells divine. I used 464 with a 10% fragrance load and let it cure for one week. It smelled great when mixing and then a bit more mild than I expected as far as the CT but then when lit the HT was excellent. It smells very fresh and pure. VERY pleased with how this performed and will be using it in my line. Worth noting I tried the CS Christmas tree (meh) and the CS Blue Spruce (great in bottle, weak CT, weak HT). Anywho, that's my experience. *happydance*

• Like 2

On September 14, 2016 at 10:14 AM, bfroberts said:

I can't tell you if it's better or not because I haven't used either one but I did order from WSP....I needed to order from them anyways and the scents I do use from them throw better in my wax than the CS ones....I love CS and most of my supplies come from them but when I did the math on many FO's, if I run out and just need to order a pound of say lavender it costs a few pennies more than getting it from WSP because their shipping is in their price already

did you have a bad experience with WSP before?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, moonshine said:

I can't tell you if it's better or not because I haven't used either one but I did order from WSP....I needed to order from them anyways and the scents I do use from them throw better in my wax than the CS ones....I love CS and most of my supplies come from them but when I did the math on many FO's, if I run out and just need to order a pound of say lavender it costs a few pennies more than getting it from WSP because their shipping is in their price already

did you have a bad experience with WSP before?

No, no bad experience really, and I do think they have quality products.  The last time I ordered from WSP it took over a week before my items shipped, and that was off-putting.  That's my biggest issue.  Then their prices are crazy, and the handling fee, and the "jump the line" thing.  I'm just not a fan.  I was looking at Autumn Lodge and it would have been $47/lb w/shipping.  
I'm sure something will entice me to order from them again though.  I've been tempted by all this Frasier Fir talk. :)  

Edited by bfroberts
  • Like 1