Frasier Fir by Candle Science

Trappeur

Just got in from CS :

Peppermint Bark:  I had a sample of this I had forgotten - smells nice and I would use as a blend for the holidays.

Mediterranean Fig:  I've never smelled a fig before and I saw CS had great reviews so I ordered.  I don't know...doesn't smell like anything special to me but I'll get in wax and maybe it will be different.

Coriander & Tonka:  Now this is simply lovely and so very very upscale!  I know this will work for one account I have who does all the wines from me.  This is right up her alley!  I love love this and it is so "not me"!  It is extremely rich, sweet and at the same time masculine....very very earthy and very smooth.   The description says:  It is a rich and sultry fragrance with notes of amber, tobacco and vanilla.  And I smell everything in it as the description.  Just love it !  Boy I hope it works in 464.

Frasier Fir:  When I went to place an order with CS for some oils I ran out of I saw they had this new scent, Frasier Fir.  I have been looking for eions for someone to come up with a dupe of Thymes Frasier Fir and wow is this ever beautiful!  What a terrific dupe of Thymes Frasier Fir!  No other supplier in my opinion even comes close to this.  I just put it in wax (464)  and can't wait to see how it does.

Trappeur

• Like 5

Good to hear on the Frasier Fir. The Thymes candle is one of my all-time favorite candles. I also buy it in the room spray. The Mediterrean Fig 

to my nose is a tad more perfumey than the Fig Tree. The Fig Tree is a touch sweeter + not as perfumey. I ordered some of the Frasier Fir +

also the new snickerdoodle - can't wait to get those. Coriander + Tonka sounds interesting though. Ive hesitated in the past because I thought 

it would be a hippy- earthy scent, which Im not a fan of at all. Cant wait to hear about how your new FO's perform. Do you like CS cranberry 

marmalade ? I just love that one ! 

• Like 1

Good morning!

If the Frasier does well in 464 I'll be ordering a couple pounds of it and I'll try the fig and snickerdoodle.  I didn't see the snickerdoodle...must be new also?

Yes the Cranberry Marmalade is excellent.    Apple Harvest is another great one.  Wildberry Mousse is another great one and I love that also.  I have many great ones from CS I love.

Trappeur

• Like 1

Snickerdoodle is new. The CS Wildberry Mousse I believe is a discontinued scent? CS is one of my favorite suppliers, even OOB they just smell quality.

Belinda and others on here swear by Candlewic's Sugared Vanilla Shortbread, I currently use ICS's but Im going to try that one. Is there  a good brandy

FO - I see a Kentucky Bourbon on Flaming but can't find a brandy. I like your idea of adding brandy to CS Brandied pear. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, OldGlory said:

Trappeur, did you try the Frasier Fir at Flaming? I'd be interested in knowing how it compared to the one from CS.

Yep Old Glory.  You sent me a sample a while back when you just got it in but you hadn't tried it yet and then I went and ordered some from Flaming.  I wasn't that impressed with it.  (That's just my opinion).  I'm sitting here right now smelling both of them and CS is much stronger and "much truer" to Thymes.  It's wonderful!   I can send you a melt or something so you don't have to pay that shipping from CS if you want?  Your going to love it!  I knew you were looking for it a while back.

Trappeur

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Trappeur said:

Just got in from CS :

Peppermint Bark:  I had a sample of this I had forgotten - smells nice and I would use as a blend for the holidays.

Mediterranean Fig:  I've never smelled a fig before and I saw CS had great reviews so I ordered.  I don't know...doesn't smell like anything special to me but I'll get in wax and maybe it will be different.

I'm not crazy about the medi-fig by itself , but I've mixed it with pomegranate,  green tea, or guava and they are  good together

Edited by franu61
  • Like 1

Guest OldGlory
1 hour ago, Trappeur said:

Yep Old Glory.  You sent me a sample a while back when you just got it in but you hadn't tried it yet and then I went and ordered some from Flaming.  I wasn't that impressed with it.  (That's just my opinion).  I'm sitting here right now smelling both of them and CS is much stronger and "much truer" to Thymes.  It's wonderful!   I can send you a melt or something so you don't have to pay that shipping from CS if you want?  Your going to love it!  I knew you were looking for it a while back.

Trappeur

That's ok, thanks tho for the offer. I have to order some 5 lb jugs from then so I'll just get a sample of their Frasier Fir then. I love that scent!

franu61 thats what I do with CS Fig Tree, I mix in some of the pomegranate. My CS order just arrived today. Oh WOW - you are so right about the 

Frasier Fir - so lovely. No sharpness to it at all - really smooth, I love it ! Their new Snickerdoodle is really nice too. Im super happy with these ! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Belinda said:

I have Frazier Fir from Cierra Candle Supply and it's labeled "Thymes Type". I'm going to order the one from CS and see if it's the same. 

I have the one from Cierra too and it's lovely.  Would love to hear your opinion on how they compare.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, soshiegirl said:

I have the one from Cierra too and it's lovely.  Would love to hear your opinion on how they compare.

I just placed an order with CS so as soon as I get it in I'll be sure to post my review! I'm excited about their new Snicker Doodle. I love a good bakery and I'm hoping this one is nice.

• Like 2

Frasier Fir is the only candle my husband ever picks up in a store and asks me to make.  So I have tried a few versions of it.  To my nose, WSP has a dead on match.  Fragrance Buddy is completely different and smells nothing like the original by Thymes.  I just got a couple sample bottles from Candle Science when I noticed they have a few new scents on their site.  The CS smells close, but not as close as the WSP.  I have not used it yet, but will most likely just mix it with WSP when I do.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Beaches said:

Frasier Fir is the only candle my husband ever picks up in a store and asks me to make.  So I have tried a few versions of it.  To my nose, WSP has a dead on match.  Fragrance Buddy is completely different and smells nothing like the original by Thymes.  I just got a couple sample bottles from Candle Science when I noticed they have a few new scents on their site.  The CS smells close, but not as close as the WSP.  I have not used it yet, but will most likely just mix it with WSP when I do.

Interesting ... May I ask what wax you use the WSP version in . How is the HT with their version. I thought the CS version was great but Ive never smelled the 

WSP version. I always wondered how their oils perform in wax, they're just so darn expensive pp :( What are some of your favorites from WSP that have 

worked well. Im in Holiday mode now lol ! 

2 hours ago, Moonstar said:

Interesting ... May I ask what wax you use the WSP version in . How is the HT with their version. I thought the CS version was great but Ive never smelled the 

WSP version. I always wondered how their oils perform in wax, they're just so darn expensive pp :( What are some of your favorites from WSP that have 

I have tried it in both 464 soy and pillar palm  The throw was good for both.  You could smell the pillars all over the room when they were not lit, and they were in a large room.  HT on both was good though.  I really have not tried very many WSP fragrances because of the cost, but I was specifically looking for Frasier Fir and ordered a sample from them.  It was spot on, so I got more.   I have tried a few more from them, but only a handful.   They are hit or miss like all the rest, and cost more.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Beaches said:

I have tried it in both 464 soy and pillar palm  The throw was good for both.  You could smell the pillars all over the room when they were not lit, and they were in a large room.  HT on both was good though.  I really have not tried very many WSP fragrances because of the cost, but I was specifically looking for Frasier Fir and ordered a sample from them.  It was spot on, so I got more.   I have tried a few more from them, but only a handful.   They are hit or miss like all the rest, and cost more.

Thank you :) It sure is fun trying out different FO's isn't it. Now you have me intrigued since I also have been using the 464 :-/

Well, I went to WSP and their oil is 31.95.00 a pound and CS is 19.97 a pound.   All the reviews were great but I know I would have a hard time I think upping my prices wholesale to sell this fragrance.  But I would like to try it though at WSP and make it for me.   One of these days I'll spring for some of their oils.

Trappeur

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Trappeur said:

Well, I went to WSP and their oil is 31.95.00 a pound and CS is 19.97 a pound.   All the reviews were great but I know I would have a hard time I think upping my prices wholesale to sell this fragrance.  But I would like to try it though at WSP and make it for me.   One of these days I'll spring for some of their oils.

Trappeur

May I suggest you also order a sample of Lavender Fabuloso?  I make soap & tarts & room spray...this is UBER-SUPER-STRONG. but a delightful clean scent...I smell soft fir, a bit of lavender and dry florals...I call it alpine Meadows...This is a copy of the General Purpose cleaner...if used lightly it makes your house smell freshly clean, takes nasty cooking odors out...I love this especially over the Holiday...use a bit less than half of what you generally would use.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Moonstar said:

Expensive yes but the price includes the shipping 

if you add shipping into other suppliers it's not that mich different really....at least the last time I did the math

I have a handful I use from them and honestly they are all top sellers and throw like crazy in soy 

If I order a pound of Fraser Fir from Candlescience by itself with shipping to me it's $32.77....so WSP Is cheaper for me

• Like 2

1 hour ago, heartsong said:

May I suggest you also order a sample of Lavender Fabuloso?  I make soap & tarts & room spray...this is UBER-SUPER-STRONG. but a delightful clean scent...I smell soft fir, a bit of lavender and dry florals...I call it alpine Meadows...This is a copy of the General Purpose cleaner...if used lightly it makes your house smell freshly clean, takes nasty cooking odors out...I love this especially over the Holiday...use a bit less than half of what you generally would use.

I love that floor cleaner!  I never knew they had it I will be Getting this for sure!

I have been burning their VBN this weekend and I can't get over how strong this is....I'm not a sweet bakery fragrance person but my whole house just smells like wonderful goodness....all from a baby 8 ounce jar

• Like 2

Just now, moonshine said:

I love that floor cleaner!  I never knew they had it I will be Getting this for sure!

I have been burning their VBN this weekend and I can't get over how strong this is....I'm not a sweet bakery fragrance person but my whole house just smells like wonderful goodness....all from a baby 8 ounce jar

:) I'm really surprised how popular this is getting...it is "burn your nose hairs" strong, which makes it an economical choice by using less. BTW, women are my best customers for this scent...especially the soap....go figure.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, moonshine said:

You really got me thinking more and more about giving WSP a try for FO's :) I think I might just do that, doesn't hurt to try. I need to place an order

for bath + body supplies anyways. I think Im going to try the Frasier Fir , the VBN you recommended + what else should I try in terms of Xmas scents.

Ive been eyeing up : Frosted Cranberry - Peppermint Cream - Crackling Firewood - Spiced Cranberry - Gingerbread - Christmas Wreath 

Edited by Moonstar

46 minutes ago, Moonstar said:

You really got me thinking more and more about giving WSP a try for FO's :) I think I might just do that, doesn't hurt to try. I need to place an order

for bath + body supplies anyways. I think Im going to try the Frasier Fir , the VBN you recommended + what else should I try in terms of Xmas scents.

Ive been eyeing up : Frosted Cranberry - Peppermint Cream - Crackling Firewood - Spiced Cranberry - Gingerbread - Christmas Wreath 

:) Sorry, I didn't recommend the VBN...I'm just a small volume soaper. The Lavender Fabuloso soaps like a dream at lower temps (110*) I absolutely adore the Sugared Spruce for tarts, room spray and soaps, and is very popular, too...sticks like glue, no issues. Wish I could be more help, but because WSP keeps raising their prices, I'm looking to ease out of there and look closer at Candle Science and Aztec Int'l. 

I mainly use the yank dupes 

VBN- excellent holiday scent 

sun and sand

autumm lodge- excellent holiday scent

dunengrass

Witches brew- excellent Fall scent 

bamboo

Clean cotton 

vanilla oak

angel

fireside- excellent holiday scent alone or as a mixer 

and non dupes I use 

fresh picked pomelo 

Raspberry lemonade 

eucalyptus spearmint 

many more I want to try and some others I have samples of I haven't tried yet 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, moonshine said:

which company Moonshine are you using the vbn from?  wsp?

• Like 1