Russtic Essentials Sale

wgregww

Ok I feel really stupid but how in the heck do you order the 20 pack of $1 samples? It says write them down and enter them on the order page, dont get it. I really wanted to get it done tonight, otherwise I will call Monday.

• Like 1

I clicked on the sale link on their page and then opened up another window for their home page and scrolled down their FO list and went back and forth typing in what I wanted. Probably was the hard way to do it but I didn't want to write down all of that info and just typed it in as I went. 

• Like 1

Shipping is getting so expensive.  But every place I order oils from, hits me about the same so I keep adding things to the cart to get more for the same shipping.  I'm guessing you do the same.

I ordered the 20 but also got 3-16 oz. bottles of fragrance oils, plus 3 free one-ounce samples for a total of $15.17 shipping.  I would have paid the same shipping for the 20 samples which is why I added the lb. bottles that I know I will use.  

Goldie

• Like 1

I agree - I do think their shipping is high + they are not that far from me . I could see if it was the opposite coast - just ridiculous . I did the same added some

bigger bottles of ones I knew I would use. You would think they'd figure out a way to get better shipping prices for customers like Natures Garden 

• Like 4

I've never used their oils, but I have made my list.   Shipping to AZ is around $30...so I think I've convinced myself to try 80 samples to make shipping worthwhile.  I haven't bought yet though

Am I going to be disappointed with their FOs?   Are the old KY FOs  the same quality they were a decade ago?

5 hours ago, KrisS said:

I've never used their oils, but I have made my list.   Shipping to AZ is around $30...so I think I've convinced myself to try 80 samples to make shipping worthwhile.  I haven't bought yet though

Am I going to be disappointed with their FOs?   Are the old KY FOs  the same quality they were a decade ago?

I don't think you'll be disappointed at all. They have some really good FO's. Their shipping is high compared to some suppliers but they have some oils that I don't want to do without, especially their toasted marshmallow! It's so worth the extra shipping cost!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Belinda said:

I don't think you'll be disappointed at all. They have some really good FO's. Their shipping is high compared to some suppliers but they have some oils that I don't want to do without, especially their toasted marshmallow! It's so worth the extra shipping cost!

Now Im so glad I ordered a big bottle of the toasted marshmallow :) I read somewhere - not sure where, that after a very long cure a bit of the toasted 

bit does come through. I think I ordered some good ones though, Im like you, I like food scents + love lemon. I did pass on their iced lemon cookie only 

because they listed some floral notes that sounded odd to me. ICS has a lemon ice box cookie that OOB I wasn't crazy about until I poured it + it cured.

Its yummy - Its not super strong but for me its just right. Oh I did add 1 -2 capfuls of Fillmores Iced lemon biscotti to it.Although not sure how much of a 

difference it made. I just love it :) 

I, too, took part of this sale.

I only ordered some of the KY fragrance oils that I just love.

Birthday Cake, Cherries n Chestnuts, Lemon Pound Cake, Pearberry, Sweet Potato Spice, Strawberry Rhubarb, Sugar Cookie, Pumpkin Pie, Peach Pie, Mulberry - HI type, Island Mango, Icy Peppermint, Apple Clove Butter, Apple Jack n Peel, Cinnamon Red Hot, Coconut Cream Pie, Homemade Apple Pie, MacApple, Plumberry Spice and Vanilla Lime.

Some of these are new to me but I just love the KY Birthday Cake, Lemon Pound Cake and Pearberry.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Trappeur said:

Sounds delicious Moonstar!  Tell us how it throws when you get ready to burn it....

What wax do you use?

Trappeur

I used the lemon icebox cookie  (ICS) in my wax melts. I used a parasoy blend but will be trying it in 464 for my candles . 

On 8/16/2016 at 1:43 PM, KrisS said:

There is absolutley no reason for this, all they have to do is ship in a USPS Priority medium box!!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, wgregww said:

There is absolutley no reason for this, all they have to do is ship in a USPS Priority medium box!!

I went back in and quoted it again.   All sample sizes.   I added a few extras.    I have more in the cart than I did during the sale.    I could only get shipping to $26.00.    Maybe they had a rate hiccup?

It's a shame, as I decided it wasn't worth the shipping costs and chose to not buy at all. :(

• Like 1

I think part of the reason is that they don't use Flat rate boxes is because of flash points of certain fragrances. Im not sure what flash points are

considered flammable - therefore they can't go on a plane. The post office explained it once to me but I don't recall all the details. Thats why they 

ask you if theres any perfume, liquids etc in the boxes + have you sign on the screen. But yes, I do find their shipping on the high side though 

Shipping is high period though as is everything nowadays - sickening. I truly don't know how some families are managing in day to day life :(