HELLO EVERYONE

I hadn't been here in quite a while and hope to be able to stay now.  I see I have lots of reading to catch up on all the new trends, etc.  Saying hello to everyone and will be

searching the gallery and looking at everyone's beautiful creations.  So glad to be back.  Hopefully planning an Essential Oil Co-op in August.  Am open to anyone's favorite places for getting essential oils and what essential oils everyone is wanting.  Will keep everyone posted.

Luvcandletarts2

Pam

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On July 28, 2016 at 9:49 AM, Candybee said:

Welcome back!

I tend to buy my EOs at Camden-Grey and Soapmakingresource.com. There are several favorite EO suppliers but those two I get the bulk of my EOs from. I just bought a bunch last week so I'm good for a while.

Do you use the EO in candles? I have read through the forums for tips-wondering if you have any additional words of wisdom for using EO in candles? The FO are starting to give me a bit of a headache-literally-and I would feel much better with natural ingredients. Yet I am aware that FO might work a lot more easily than EO, in general.

• Like 1

I use EOs for my soapmaking and FOs for candles so can't help you there. You are very limited with scent choices using EOs in candles. Also, many simply don't work. But some have had limited success with a few. Many of the FOs I use in candles are infused with EOs.

Also, I always wear a respirator when making candles. I am not surprised you get headaches pouring candles using FOs. They give off toxic vapors and you should not injest them. After time you can develop serious lung or a variety of health issues if you don't protect yourself. I got my respirator from Lowes Home Improvement for about $50 plus the filters. You can't smell anything with the respirator on. Also, its OSHA approved so I know its safe.

I used to have a bad cough for several days after pouring candles. After using the respirator I no longer have a cough.

• Like 3

On August 12, 2016 at 10:12 AM, Candybee said:

I use EOs for my soapmaking and FOs for candles so can't help you there. You are very limited with scent choices using EOs in candles. Also, many simply don't work. But some have had limited success with a few. Many of the FOs I use in candles are infused with EOs.

Also, I always wear a respirator when making candles. I am not surprised you get headaches pouring candles using FOs. They give off toxic vapors and you should not injest them. After time you can develop serious lung or a variety of health issues if you don't protect yourself. I got my respirator from Lowes Home Improvement for about $50 plus the filters. You can't smell anything with the respirator on. Also, its OSHA approved so I know its safe.

I used to have a bad cough for several days after pouring candles. After using the respirator I no longer have a cough.

Thank you-I bought a few different EO to start experimenting and I really appreciate your advice re: the respirator. Important info!

On ‎8‎/‎11‎/‎2016 at 2:09 PM, candlesinflorida said:

Do you use the EO in candles? I have read through the forums for tips-wondering if you have any additional words of wisdom for using EO in candles? The FO are starting to give me a bit of a headache-literally-and I would feel much better with natural ingredients. Yet I am aware that FO might work a lot more easily than EO, in general.

I have not used the EO's in candles as of yet.  I am just starting to use them in bath and body products.  I do use the EO's in my handmade natural cleaning products so far.

• 2 weeks later...