Pumpkin scent ideas

Candle guy

Hey everyone,

I am interested in knowing which pumpkin fragrance everyone likes best. I have used cs pumpkin pie and soufflé. Both of these are great in my Imo but having both mixed together would be perfect. I have tried that mixture before and it kind of works but I am looking for something that has it all. I am really excited to see who uses what. I use 4627, 4630, Clarus 3022 and have 6006 on stand by. I even have some 464 left over but I hate the frosting. Any suggestions? 

This is a subject that there are so many posts on and everyone has what works best for them.  I had been looking for years for that perfect pumpkin pie and came up with a combo that to me is what I've been looking for.  I wanted to smell that ultimate pumpkin pie that came right out of the oven (like we all do..lol).  i wanted to smell the pie crust and most fragrances were lacking that.  I made a candle for a friend of mine a year ago in an 8" round crock (a biggun!)  I'm usually at my friends house every 2 weeks and she still has this crock sitting out (uncovered) and she hasn't burned it in quite a while and I can still get very strong whiffs of this scent when I walk by (unbelievable).

Here is my combo in case you want to try it.  (Now I use 464)....

I did this per 1 pound of wax - so this is the amount that adds up to 1 oz.

.4 Pie crust (Ind.)

.2 Pum pie (CS)

.2 Pum souflee (TN)

.2 Pump spice (TN)

Trappeur

• Like 2

Trappeur,

Wow that's a lot of searching and testing lol. Why can't some scents just be simple lol? Candle science pumpkin soufflé I like but people complain of a burnt smell. Pumpkin pie from candle science is great but may be a bit too weak. Before I begin my quest of spending lots of money I wanted an idea on who has a good scent for pumpkin. I may have to mix a bunch like you have Trappeur. Thanks for your input. Curious to see what everyone does as well

1 hour ago, Trappeur said:

.4 Pie crust (Ind.)

.2 Pum pie (CS)

.2 Pum souflee (TN)

.2 Pump spice (TN)

Trappeur

I am definitely trying this Trappeur!  I've never ordered from Ind. before, but I'm gonna give it a try :)

• Like 1

Hey Missy,

Let us know if you do or don't care for it...you might not...lol....everyone has their own opinions.  Actually Puma last year gave me suggestions of the different things she uses and I had to modify a couple of the fragrances as I thought I had what she suggested and I didn't.....lol - so I wound up doing about 5 different combinations and I kept tweeking them till I did this and was more than happy with it...so good luck!  You won't hurt my feelings if you don't like...(Here's my smily face since I can't get it to down load....lol)

Trappeur

Guest OldGlory

If there's enough interest, I would be happy to host a tart swap for pumpkins and maybe other fall/holiday fragrances. If submitting a pumpkin blend or any other proprietary blend I would ask that everyone include the recipe and the resources.

Tarts only, and each sample would need to weigh an ounce or more. Wrapping the tart, if it doesn't already come in it's own container, would require that everyone use polypropylene bags to avoid ruining the tart before it's shipped. The bags are pretty inexpensive thru eBay.

I live in the south and we will have temperatures between 85 and 105 the next few months. I can't recommend soy wax tarts because they might liquefy before I open the boxes. It's up to you to make sure your tarts will withstand the heat. I won't send out anything that arrives to me partially or fully melted.

There will be some costs involved for shipping and each person will have to cover those costs. I don't have paypal, so I'll have to ask for a money order to be included in the box of tarts. Each person would be sending tarts for every person in the swap and we will decide in advance how many tarts we want to share.

Those are just some preliminary thoughts. I will wait to see if there's at least 10 people wanting to participate.

If someone with paypal is interested in hosting the swap, feel free to speak up. I am only offering to host it as a way to expose some of the newer members to different scents. Waiting for replies..

9 hours ago, MLG said:

I am definitely trying this Trappeur!  I've never ordered from Ind. before, but I'm gonna give it a try :)

If you like zucchini bread FO - Indiana candle supply is strong .... also, I ordered lemon icebox cookie + was first on the fence UNTIL i poured it + cured.

Oh my it smells so good :)  the pumpkin zucchini bread is good too . I didn't care for her gourmet sugar cookie -OOB is great but once cured is smells 

of buttered popcorn :( very weird. I also like her pink sugar . Wild berry Souflee - Another one i loved OOB + when i poured was very flat smelling + just ok 

she has a peach cobbler that smells delicious .... the toasted marshmallow was good but missing something - a little flat for me. overall great oils 

On July 19, 2016 at 4:40 PM, OldGlory said:

If there's enough interest, I would be happy to host a tart swap for pumpkins and maybe other fall/holiday fragrances. If submitting a pumpkin blend or any other proprietary blend I would ask that everyone include the recipe and the resources.

Tarts only, and each sample would need to weigh an ounce or more. Wrapping the tart, if it doesn't already come in it's own container, would require that everyone use polypropylene bags to avoid ruining the tart before it's shipped. The bags are pretty inexpensive thru eBay.

I live in the south and we will have temperatures between 85 and 105 the next few months. I can't recommend soy wax tarts because they might liquefy before I open the boxes. It's up to you to make sure your tarts will withstand the heat. I won't send out anything that arrives to me partially or fully melted.

There will be some costs involved for shipping and each person will have to cover those costs. I don't have paypal, so I'll have to ask for a money order to be included in the box of tarts. Each person would be sending tarts for every person in the swap and we will decide in advance how many tarts we want to share.

Those are just some preliminary thoughts. I will wait to see if there's at least 10 people wanting to participate.

If someone with paypal is interested in hosting the swap, feel free to speak up. I am only offering to host it as a way to expose some of the newer members to different scents. Waiting for replies..

I would love to do this again! I'm game!

I would host but I'm so disorganized that I'm afraid I'd get everyone's stuff mixed up but I sure would like to participate!

On July 19, 2016 at 8:00 AM, Trappeur said:

This is a subject that there are so many posts on and everyone has what works best for them.  I had been looking for years for that perfect pumpkin pie and came up with a combo that to me is what I've been looking for.  I wanted to smell that ultimate pumpkin pie that came right out of the oven (like we all do..lol).  i wanted to smell the pie crust and most fragrances were lacking that.  I made a candle for a friend of mine a year ago in an 8" round crock (a biggun!)  I'm usually at my friends house every 2 weeks and she still has this crock sitting out (uncovered) and she hasn't burned it in quite a while and I can still get very strong whiffs of this scent when I walk by (unbelievable).

.4 Pie crust (Ind.)

.2 Pum pie (CS)

.2 Pum souflee (TN)

.2 Pump spice (TN)

Trappeur

I'm trying this! 

• Like 1

On July 19, 2016 at 9:10 AM, MLG said:

You won't be disappointed in their oils. I love her pie crust, lemon meringue, apple brown betty, black and blue, caramel drizzled marshmallow, caramelized pralines, chocolate cream pie, mango papaya, baked apples, bananas foster, be thankful, bear claws, blackberry jam butter cookies, boo berry, blueberry meringue torte, brown sugar pecan, buttery gingerbread, caramel nut cluster, christmas past, cinnamon apple berry, cinnamon buns, fall festival (I have 3 FO's named this and they all smell different!) flap jacks, frosted sugar cookie, Pumpkin harvest, Nana's kitchen, orange cranberry muffins, orange juice cake, pumpkins and pralines, spiced oranges, sugar cookie dough, tropical fruits, vanilla custard, white cake, wild berry mousse, zucchini bread, winterberry.

She has some good oils and you can buy a 4 ounce bottle as cheap as a 16 ounce one.

• Like 3

On 7/20/2016 at 5:55 PM, Belinda said:

I'm trying this! 

On 7/20/2016 at 5:55 PM, Belinda said:

I'm trying this! 

Hi Old Glory!

Count me in!  Not for hosting though! lol

Belinda, we would be in deep doo doo if we lived close to one another as I'd be at your house everyday asking for samples......cause everything you have in your list above and everytime you post something I love.......I'm a foodie fo ho.......lol

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Trappeur said:

Hi Old Glory!

Count me in!  Not for hosting though! lol

Count me in!!!! Excited!  I'm going to be in Soooo much trouble!  You all are enablers!!!!! :) 

Edited by MLG