Magnolia and Hibiscus

Got a little too adventurous last night and didn't finish these til after 3am ? 

I couldnt find much soaping info on Peak Magnolia, actually none so I didn't know what to expect. It moves pretty good but was still able to do 3 color swirls inside. Can't wait to cut it!! I let the piping set up while I made the Hibiscus and it was a slow mover. I only hand stirred the color and fragrance in it so maybe I should have blended it some. I waited forever to pipe the flowers on top but finally gave up and just piped the best I could to look like flowers. LOL I'll cut tonight after I get home.  Both have prickly pear juice and coconut milk plus colloidal oatmeal and kaolin clay. 

Kelly

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

• Like 4

Wow this is so darn pretty ! Do you find thats theres a difference in the end result if you use coconut milk powder vs actual coconut milk ? 

Ive never used prickly pear juice before - interesting ! What does that add to the soap - so clever !

I've never used coconut milk powder, only canned milk. But since I started blending coconut and goats milk together, I find my lather is creamy and I like that. I don't have a clue what prickly pear adds. I just live in west Texas so its abundant and was given 4 bags full that I processed and froze. Probably won't do that again!! Ever!! I do wish it would hold the color but it doesn't. Here it is blended with the coconut milk, goats milk powder, kaolin clay and colloidal oatmeal. 

image.jpeg

Your piping is awesome! I've only piped twice. Once on cupcakes, and once on an Apple Blossom soap and the cupcakes were okay, but the reg bar soap, well, it looked like it had sea creatures on it. LOL 

Good Job and that pink color IS gorgeous... It really is too bad it doesn't retain the color! 

• Like 1

Thank you!! They turned out great except for the TD specks ? I put too much TD in my oil and couldn't shake it up well enough. But they will do ? I like them! 

The Magnolia is a bit off white. The orange in the Hibiscus should turn more orange by tomorrow. They both smell great. I'm not a floral type person but I like these pretty good. Plenty of time to work with the Peak Hibiscus.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

• Like 4

Really beautiful! Your soaps rock! I use coconut milk and goat milk all the time but never blended it together. But they both make soap really creamy. I am wondering if the prickly pear would have similar benefits like aloe? At the very least it should add nutrients to your soap in the form of natural vitamins I would think. It could make it extra hydrating too.

• Like 2

These are gorgeous!  You should do a soap of the month or a tip of the month tutorial on how to

PIPE soap tops!  hint hint ;)  lol  I bought the piping supplies, but I haven't done anything with them yet.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, debratant said:

These are gorgeous!  You should do a soap of the month or a tip of the month tutorial on how to

PIPE soap tops!  hint hint ;)  lol  I bought the piping supplies, but I haven't done anything with them yet.

Thank you! Ha! I've only taught myself watching YouTube videos. Never piped before in my life til I tried soap. The trick is letting it set til it's thick. If it's running out the tip, it's not ready. It's pretty forgiving, you can pipe over mistakes or put it back in the bag and start over. 

• Like 1