1st Sq Tins - Updated 1st test done

sharyl55

I made up my 1st set of the 8 oz sq. tins with clear lids. Scented Cuke & Melon, Ocean Breeze, Herbal Green Tea and Snickerdoodle. Tried to make cinnamon grains for the snickerdoodle out of cinnamon scented brown wax. Still have to work on that. LOL All are a mix of Peaks FO except C&M which I used straight out of the bottle.

post-195-139458376608_thumb.jpg

Great idea decorating the top! Which scent goes to the one that looks like sunny side up eggs?

Your crack me up Ducky! I think it's Cuke & Melon. Best, I guess is the flower top is Herbal Green Tea, the seahorse is Ocean Breeze and the one that looks like it has cinnamon on it would have to be Snickerdoodle! Hope I'm right! Very nice Sharyl!

Sherie has it right. The eggs are suppose to be melon balls. Guess I have to work on my ball technique too. Poured some melon colored wax in a small pan and used my melon baller thing. Trying to figure out how to grind up the brown wax for the snickerdoodle. Tried a hand grater but need finer pieces. I hope 1 wick works. These testers have a low smoke 21 zinc wick. It worked in the 8 oz round tins. Can't stand the wait so will probably start testing today.

The herbal green tea is my favorite. Thanks for the kind comments.

I really like them. My first impression of the yellow and white one was fried eggs as well, LOL! Very creative, can't wait to get to making mine, that has give me a nice idea for some of these plastic tart molds I have laying around.

I think the sea breeze and green tea ones came out especially great.

But I have to agree that the first one would look at home alongside some bacon. ;) Maybe pickle inserts in a sea of cantaloupe color? Color them the right shade and they might look like fresh cukes rather than pickles.

Good idea mr. murray. Another mold to buy. I tried making cucumber slices but they didn't turn out. May try a darker green for the fill wax. In the pic it looks white but is really a very light green.

Did two 3 hr burns today with the herbal green tea. Small mushroom on the 2nd burn, small hang up in 2 of the 4 corners. Looking good so far. Think it will all catch up on the next burn.

Would like to do these in 8 scents. Need 2 more bakery scents and 2 holiday scents. Thinking about warm apple pie, blueberry muffin, home for the holidays and spruce christmas tree.

NEAT- I received these tins too but wasn't sure what to do thanks for the ideas. I'm about to order a bunch of molds to use as embeds!

What wick is everyone using? I use cottons can anyone recommend one as a starting point as I have never used these tin (have these and the round ones sitting here).TIA :)

Those look great!! Think I might try my leftover Astor Q in them. I think a crystalized wax would look awesome in them.

1 wick should be plenty for these...I really can't see having to use 2. You may have some hangup on the first several burns, but by the time you get a bit further down the container the corners will catch up.

Come on peeps, I'd like to see others who got these in the co-op post some pics as well :rolleyes: