Pink Grapefruit Sea Salt Bars

These are my pink grapefruit scented sea salt bars. Trying out a new color scheme. I thought pink, raspberry, and lime would be pretty but the lime turned yellow so not sure I like it.

Here they are in the mold. It's my BB 18 bar slab mold with dividers:

Pink Grapefruit Salt Bar.jpg

They popped right out easy peasy. Just need to cure them then clean them up and bevel them. Colors are still pretty but I really, really wanted that lime color to come out. They smell awesome!

Pink Grapefruit Salt Bar2.jpg

• Like 6

**goes and puts sunglasses on**   WOW those are PRETTY and BRIGHT!! I love them!! Maybe the Lime color will come back? Sometimes I have colors that completely morph/change but after saponification and sometimes after cutting and sitting for a couple days they come back. Maybe that will happen? You can hope anyway! But I like the yellow/green color that it turned...

16 hours ago, Moonstar said:

I LOVE the yellow -  they look so refreshing :) how do you get the pink grapefruit to stick - any citrus i try dies a quick death, litsea does ok though . 

This one sticks like glue. I use pink grapefruit EO in my blend.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, debratant said:

I love the colors too.  Are these nurture colorants CandyBee?

The neons all come from TKB. The raging raspberry is either TKB or Nurture. Its been so long since I bought it I am not quite sure.

16 hours ago, Jcandleattic said:

**goes and puts sunglasses on**   WOW those are PRETTY and BRIGHT!! I love them!! Maybe the Lime color will come back? Sometimes I have colors that completely morph/change but after saponification and sometimes after cutting and sitting for a couple days they come back. Maybe that will happen? You can hope anyway! But I like the yellow/green color that it turned...

The 'lime' color is a work in progress. With most recipes it comes out great. This is the first time I tried it in salt bars. So far what I have found makes the best lime color is a combo of neon yellow with a tiny bit of neon green.

When I first mix them the lime is incredible in the liquid batter. After saponification is when you find out if the lime held or not. Most of the time it does but once in a while it fades to yellow. So in this case I need to add a pinch more green next time.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Candybee said:

This one sticks like glue. I use pink grapefruit EO in my blend.

Have you ever used the lemon 10x or the orange 10x /15x . Lemon in particular is SUPER expensive and always wondered if they actually make a difference. 

Your soaps are amazing ! Im going to try making salt bars, never made those just bought from soap sellers + i just love them ! 

4 hours ago, Moonstar said:

Have you ever used the lemon 10x or the orange 10x /15x . Lemon in particular is SUPER expensive and always wondered if they actually make a difference. 

Your soaps are amazing ! Im going to try making salt bars, never made those just bought from soap sellers + i just love them ! 

I've only tried the orange 10x from The Chemistry Store. It smells divine in CP but eventually fades. Your best bet is to find a citrus type FO you like and blend it with a like citrus EO. I found that that works best. But you still have to test until you find a combo that works. Unfortunately there are no shortcuts.

Citrus EOs that I have found that hold are lemongrass, litsea cubeba, and lime. Lime is a powerhouse and add that with lemongrass and you have a wonderful citrus blend that holds up well in CP. Others like orange, lemon, grapefruit you need to pair with a tried and true similar type FO and then the EO will help make the scent 'pop'. Hope that makes sense.