A Year in Soap and Stuff

Hi guys!!! It's been forever since I've posted but I come here usually everyday to see what everyone is up too. Sorry I'm a bit of an introvert, apparently online also. ? But here are some of my soaps and a few other things from this past year. This forum is the reason I started making soap. I came here to learn about candles and I used to skip over the bath and body section. I think, somehow I knew if I ever went there I would have to start making soaps too. Ha! So I went there and now I only make candles normally during the fall. So thank you to those still here that I have learned much from. ???image.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpeg

• Like 4

Krazekelly your soaps are gorgeous :)

Candybee I believe its done with water soluble paper - i was going to try this once but never got around to it . I did a quick google search + 

came uo with this but I believe soap queen has a tutorial too but I'm sure krazekelly would know much better - they are beautiful :)

http://www.goplanetearth.com/packaging_dissolving_paper.html

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Candybee said:

I would love to know how you get pictures on your soap if you don't mind sharing. Have you ever thought of doing a tutorial on it?

Are you talking about the Peacock soaps?? If so, it's very easy. Those are actually napkins I had left over from my daughters wedding. I pulled the top printed layer off and cut pieces to fit the soap. Then you just lay them on the soap and gently wet it til it sticks. I just dribbled water on with my fingertips. Don't rub it or move it around or it will tear easily. Just press lightly. ?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Moonstar said:

Krazekelly I checked out your web site - super nice :) honestly, i think your soaps are worth more than $5 imho especially for the weight the ingredients

you use and they're very detailed. well done :) 

Thank you Moonstar! You know, I hardly sell anything on my website. But all my local customers like having a place to go look at what I have available. I even contemplated closing it down this year but decided to go ahead and keep it. Normally at Craftfairs I charge 6.00 or 4 for 20.00 and they sell well at that price. I just don't see anyone paying much more for them around here. But you're right, I do put some good stuff in them. ?

Thank you again!

Kelly

I charge the same for mine at craft fairs Kelly, and they sell very well here at that price. Most of my sales are the 4 for 20, but every now and then, some will buy individuals, but mostly they are looking for a "deal". I figure it's good for them and me, because I sell more of my stock, and they get a good price. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Jcandleattic said:

I charge the same for mine at craft fairs Kelly, and they sell very well here at that price. Most of my sales are the 4 for 20, but every now and then, some will buy individuals, but mostly they are looking for a "deal". I figure it's good for them and me, because I sell more of my stock, and they get a good price. 

Exactly! I sell more too at 4 for 20. 

4 hours ago, kandlekrazy said:

Stunning!  Love it all.  Would you mind sharing where you purchase the mason jar warmers?  I'm currently buying them from Colonial Tin

That is where I get them also. I only buy them when they have them 4 for 38.00 or 42.00. There sales seem to vary in price.